Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,637

    Arrow Belkin PureAV Silver Series Speaker Cables 14 AWG 12 ft.

    Just an FYI for those who may be looking for some very cheap speaker cables...

    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=109-050

    Bought a set just because they were $20 and I am very impressed with the build quality. Not got a chance to listen yet, but I'll comment on that later.

    Please don't bash these cheap cables...:)



    ...
    Romans 1:16

  2. #2
    Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,183

    Default

    It looks like those can't be beat for the price, so nice grab! Let us know how they sound once you get them working.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Those do look like some pretty decent cables for 20 bucks. Pre-terminated and everything.

    I'm planning on getting some AQ Type 4's later this year, but wouldn't mind having something better than what I've got now to hold me over til then. I might pick one of those up. For 20 bucks it can't be beat.

    Thanks for the heads up. Make sure you post a review once you get some listening time in. I'm interested to see how they sound.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,637

    Default

    Just got finished listening to them and...I'm impressed.
    No they did not sound as detailed as my AQ type 4's, and the bass did not seem quite as full, but still I doubt you would find a better deal for $20.

    This is a true bargain cable IMHO.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Well that's good to know. I might be picking up a pair of these sometime in the next few weeks. Seems like a great deal.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective
    Posts
    5,707

    Default

    After seeing this thread I ordered a 16' pair for $25.00 to add some weight to my order of two cans of Deoxit....now the shipping is worth $10.00 !!:D

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,411

    Default

    You guys report back on these. For the price these look like a no-brainer.

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Just ordered 2 pair of the 16' wires. They look like a good deal. Monoprice is out of their 12 gauge in wall wire. My order fell through right before I saw this good deal and I can't wait a month for back order so I cancelled it. I am hoping this stuff will make a difference compared to my current 16 gauge monster xp that I have been trying to get rid of.

    I will report my findings.
    HT Setup: Onkyo 706; Lsi9's; Csi A6; Fxi3's eD A2-300

    2 CH: Squeezebox Touch; Dared SL-2000a; Lsi9's; Carver M1.5T; Velodyne DLS-3750R; Music Hall DAC 25.2

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    western n.c.
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    After seeing this thread I ordered a 16' pair for $25.00 to add some weight to my order of two cans of Deoxit....now the shipping is worth $10.00 !!:D
    i did the same thing,except i ordered 2 pair of the 12 footers:D

  10. #10
    Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,183

    Default

    I'm suprised they're not sold out yet!

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    I'm suprised they're not sold out yet!
    That's what I'm thinking...I hope they still have some in a couple weeks when I'm ready to pick up a pair.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,637

    Default

    After doing some critical listening, I have come to the conclusion that...


    "All speaker wires are created equal"

    Just kidding.
    Romans 1:16

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    That's what I'm thinking...I hope they still have some in a couple weeks when I'm ready to pick up a pair.
    You need to knock over a gas station or 7-11 Curt. :p ;)

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    You need to knock over a gas station or 7-11 Curt. :p ;)
    I know...my wallet is going to be absolutely hating me for the next year or so. My shopping list has gotten pretty extensive.

    A Cambridge universal DVD/SACD player, RTi8's RTi6's, CSi5, SVS PB12-NSD, an Adcom pre-amp/power amp combo for the 2-channel...a whole turntable setup...new cabling all around. Yeah...i think it's safe to say I'm investing in some audio equipment this year...lol

    oh yeah...and I'm gonna need a new CDP for the 2-channel rig.

    Did I mention I'm getting some Polk Mini Monitors in a couple weeks too?

    hm...about 70 or so banana connectors are going to be needed as soon as possible too...

    So what's the prognosis Keiko? Do I have upgradeitis? Is it ever going to be cured?...lol

    You're right...I probably should go knock off a gas station or something.:p It make it all go a lot quicker...lol
    Last edited by comfortablycurt; 02-09-2009 at 04:52 AM.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I know...my wallet is going to be absolutely hating me for the next year or so. My shopping list has gotten pretty extensive.

    A Cambridge universal DVD/SACD player, RTi8's RTi6's, CSi5, SVS PB12-NSD, an Adcom pre-amp/power amp combo for the 2-channel...a whole turntable setup...new cabling all around. Yeah...i think it's safe to say I'm investing in some audio equipment this year...lol

    oh yeah...and I'm gonna need a new CDP for the 2-channel rig.

    Did I mention I'm getting some Polk Mini Monitors in a couple weeks too?

    hm...about 70 or so banana connectors are going to be needed as soon as possible too...

    So what's the prognosis Keiko? Do I have upgradeitis? Is it ever going to be cured?...lol

    You're right...I probably should go knock off a gas station or something.:p It make it all go a lot quicker...lol
    Right after Christmas I got the urge to upgrade some stuff. Recently acquired DL-160 cartridge for the turntable, 200.00. Then I upgraded the turntable, 600.00. Next, MIT interconnects and speaker cables all around, 800.00. Listening pleasure since, priceless. ;)

    I'm happy for now, but one thing I've learned since I joined this crew is that there's always room for trying new things. It's part of the learning experience. I was warned of The Dark Side when I first found my way here, but I didn't listen when told to leave. :p

    I don't regret it one bit. A lot of knowledgeable people here and I've learned so much from these boards by just reading & asking questions from polkies willing to help, plus I do what I can to be a contributing member here. I personally don't need no cure. I need a government bailout. :p :D
    Last edited by Keiko; 02-09-2009 at 06:39 AM.

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Wow if they would have had greater that 16 ft. it would have been an instant sale :-(
    No earth robot is going to tell ME which button to press!!

    --Stuff--
    Front: Polk Audio RTi12
    Center: Polk Audio CSi5
    Surrounds: Polk Audio RTi8 (x4)
    Sub: SVS PB10-ISD (Dual)
    AVR: Denon AVR-3805
    DVD: Denon DVD-2910
    Display: Sony KDL-52XBR4
    STB: Motorola 6412 Dual Tuner DVR

    Bedroom system:
    Sherwood Stereo Receiver (RX-4105)
    Polk Audio RTi6 (x4)

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Right after Christmas I got the urge to upgrade some stuff. Recently acquired DL-160 cartridge for the turntable, 200.00. Then I upgraded the turntable, 600.00. Next, MIT interconnects and speaker cables all around, 800.00. Listening pleasure since, priceless. ;)

    I'm happy for now, but one thing I've learned since I joined this crew is that there's always room for trying new things. It's part of the learning experience. I was warned of The Dark Side when I first found my way here, but I didn't listen when told to leave. :p

    I don't regret it one bit. A lot of knowledgeable people here and I've learned so much from these boards by just reading & asking questions from polkies willing to help, plus I do what I can to be a contributing member here. I personally don't need no cure. I need a government bailout. :p :D
    Nice...I've been getting the itch to try out some MIT's to see what all the hype is about...but I'm gonna make myself hold off on that one for a while. That's a lot of money to invest in cabling...plus it's probably not going to make as big of a difference until I have some better equipment to hook it up with.

    At this point I'm gonna have to agree. I don't think I'm ever gonna need a cure for this. I'll probably be trying different equipment for the rest of my life now...but I don't have any problems with that. I think I joined up at the right place though...there are a lot of people here that have more knowledge on this subject than I ever imagined possible. I'm still learning...but I try to contribute what I can.

    I'm already insanely happy with my system as it is...and I've barely even begun the upgrade process. I can't wait to see what possibilities I have in store one I start getting some better equipment.

    I need to win the lottery or something...lol
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    Nice...I've been getting the itch to try out some MIT's to see what all the hype is about...
    Talk to Greg (inspiredsports). He might have a few IC's left and speaker cable.
    For the price he was asking, they're a really sweet deal.

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Talk to Greg (inspiredsports). He might have a few IC's left and speaker cable.
    For the price he was asking, they're a really sweet deal.
    Tempting as that is...I've already committed to a few other purchases, so I need to take care of all that first.

    Besides...I just got an AQ Black Mamba IC(in the Karma from Mike Reeter), and I'm still more than happy with that. I think I may just end up skipping the wire in this thread and hold off for a few months until I can afford to pick up some AQ Type 4. I think I'll be happier with it in the long run.

    The wire I'm using right now is decent, though it's nothing special, 14awg Stinger Audio wire...so I don't feel the need to upgrade it immediately. I'm working off of a fairly limited budget, so I'm just upgrading a piece at a time...whenever I can. I don't want to skimp out on anything though if I can help it.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    Tempting as that is...I've already committed to a few other purchases, so I need to take care of all that first.

    Besides...I just got an AQ Black Mamba IC(in the Karma from Mike Reeter), and I'm still more than happy with that. I think I may just end up skipping the wire in this thread and hold off for a few months until I can afford to pick up some AQ Type 4. I think I'll be happier with it in the long run.

    The wire I'm using right now is decent, though it's nothing special, 14awg Stinger Audio wire...so I don't feel the need to upgrade it immediately. I'm working off of a fairly limited budget, so I'm just upgrading a piece at a time...whenever I can. I don't want to skimp out on anything though if I can help it.
    PLaSMa CeNTeR! :p

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    PLaSMa CeNTeR! :p
    Hmmm...verrry interesting...lol

    I just googled it...looks like I could donate plasma twice a week, and get 35 bucks each time...that's 70 bucks a week...hmm...might have to look into this.

    lol...just kidding. I don't think I'm quite that desperate...:p
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective
    Posts
    5,707

    Default

    My 16 footers showed up, they look really nice and are very heavy,definitely worth 25 bucks without even hearing them yet ! They are Chicom though.

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The heart of Texas
    Posts
    1,853

    Default great cheap cables

    Just in case anyone is still looking at these. The 16 ft sold out, but there is still 12 ft left. I was skeptical at first that speaker cables could make a difference. I had cheap 16 gauge wire, and decided to give this a try since it was such a good deal. I have a pretty basic system, and these made a very noticeable difference! I like to use the "pure direct" mode on my yamaha rx-v1500 with my polk rt7s, but am always a little disappointed in the drop in bass. After I installed these, the bass not only tightened up but now digs noticeably deeper, and the overall soundstage is very clear and balanced. I highly recommend these cables! I am sure that they do not compare to 200 cables (which would not make sense for me since my receiver and speakers cost 350), but for the price I doubt that you could do better.

  24. #24

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,637

    Default

    I found you can also buy spades for these at Amazon if you like. These are great cables for $20 (12FT).

  25. #25
    Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rooftop59 View Post
    Just in case anyone is still looking at these. The 16 ft sold out, but there is still 12 ft left. I was skeptical at first that speaker cables could make a difference. I had cheap 16 gauge wire, and decided to give this a try since it was such a good deal. I have a pretty basic system, and these made a very noticeable difference! I like to use the "pure direct" mode on my yamaha rx-v1500 with my polk rt7s, but am always a little disappointed in the drop in bass. After I installed these, the bass not only tightened up but now digs noticeably deeper, and the overall soundstage is very clear and balanced. I highly recommend these cables! I am sure that they do not compare to 200 cables (which would not make sense for me since my receiver and speakers cost 350), but for the price I doubt that you could do better.
    I'm glad they worked so well for you and welcome to CP!

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    128

    Default

    These cables are very thick and heavy. The build quality is very good and they should last a long time. I noticed a slight improvement in sound quality over my old monster xp crappy 16 gauge which I am glad to be rid of (gave them to a friend who was using some extremely thin wire). I don't know exactly how to describe the difference in sound but it has better clarity and punch. I probably need to upgrade to an external amp to fully realize the benefit of these better cables.

    Pick these up before they are gone!

    Conradicles can you post a link to the spades? I might want to get some
    Last edited by cdn5003; 03-18-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    HT Setup: Onkyo 706; Lsi9's; Csi A6; Fxi3's eD A2-300

    2 CH: Squeezebox Touch; Dared SL-2000a; Lsi9's; Carver M1.5T; Velodyne DLS-3750R; Music Hall DAC 25.2

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Doesn't Belkin work with and design some cables and specs for Bluejeans cable?

  28. #28

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TN Native languishing in Maryland
    Posts
    2,171

    Default

    Want cheap cable at a DIY price? www.bulkwire.com

    08 gauge: $84.32 for 100 feet!
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer

  29. #29

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalvideo View Post
    Doesn't Belkin work with and design some cables and specs for Bluejeans cable?
    Sorry, I was thinking of Belden, not Belkin. Bluejeans uses Belden.

  30. #30

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdn5003 View Post
    Conradicles can you post a link to the spades? I might want to get some
    Here you go. Other places sell them as well but this was the best deal I have found.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...ssou0519714-20
    Romans 1:16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Belkin PureAV PF30 or Monster Power HTS3500MKII?
    By crazy in forum Electronics
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 06:54 PM
  2. SOLD Belkin PureAV PF60 in Black! $175 SHIPPED!
    By sbpolk in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 10:31 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 03:57 PM
  4. Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player, and Belkin PureAV PF40 Conditioner!
    By sbpolk in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 01:22 AM
  5. Belkin PureAV Power Center
    By lomic in forum Electronics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts