Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default FXi A4 Surround speaker hook up.

Hi, I have a quick question about the FXi A4 surround speakers. I have four of these speakers and three of them are marked left. I am wondering which way I want the speaker woofer facing for the side speakers, if I want them facing toward the front or the back. Also which way due I want the rear speaker woofer's facing. Due I want them in toward eachother, or away from eachother toward the side walls?

Hi nderby

Welcome to the Forum.

Two of the speakers marked left go on the sides. Woofer facing straight out. Set the switch to Dipole.

The third speaker marked left is the left rear surround. The fourth speaker is the right rear surround. Set the rear speakers to Bipole. Woofers straight ahead.

After you get eveything running and have become accustomed to the sound, you can experiment to see if you get better sound by:

> switching poles (Di to Bi; Bi to Di)

> angling the speakers so that woofers are facing your listening position.

Mike
    PC stereo: Viper custom PC: Windows XP; ASIO4ALL; JRiver Jukebox> Pop Pulse USB to S/PDIF conv> Monarchy DIP > Musiland MD10 DAC > Parasound 2100 pre> Aragon 4004 MKII amp> Dali Ikon6 towers; Sunfire True Sub; PSA Duet, Ultimate outlet and Noise Harvestors.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike21 View Post
    Hi nderby

Two of the speakers marked left go on the sides. Woofer facing straight out. Set the switch to Dipole.

The third speaker marked left is the left rear surround. The fourth speaker is the right rear surround. Set the rear speakers to Bipole. Woofers straight ahead.

After you get eveything running and have become accustomed to the sound, you can experiment to see if you get better sound by:

> switching poles (Di to Bi; Bi to Di)

> angling the speakers so that woofers are facing your listening position.

Mike
    You sure about that? I would've expected these to be in pairs, with one pair as the rear surrounds, and the other pair as the side surrounds in a 7.1 configuration. What I'm wondering is how nderby ended up with 3 of 1, and 1 of the other. But then, I'm so new to this I could easily be missing something, so if I am, please, can you expand a bit on what you'd use that configuration?

nderby, I found this helpful:

What is Dipole and Bipole and how are they different

http://www.polkaudio.com/education/s...uestion_num=45
    Are you part of the dirty digital peasants or a member of the great Analog Master Race?

SDA Recommended Playlist https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FZCRkdxYXVNanc

Open for editing.

Great question.

I am going to be in the market for FXi-A6's and i was wondering are the speakers the same meaning are the drivers always on the right and the air port on the left, or are the left and right set up do the drivers are facing in. (if your looking at the rear speakers)Meaning the left speaker has the driver on the right and the right speaker has the driver on the left?

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco1 View Post
    Great question.

I am going to be in the market for FXi-A6's and i was wondering are the speakers the same meaning are the drivers always on the right and the air port on the left, or are the left and right set up do the drivers are facing in. (if your looking at the rear speakers)Meaning the left speaker has the driver on the right and the right speaker has the driver on the left?
    My F/X a3s are labeled left and right. When each speaker is turned so that the back is towards the nearest wall, the mid-woof faces at an angle toward the front of the room. Or, to put another way, it's that the left speaker has the driver on the right, and the right speaker has the driver on the left, if you're facing the speaker and the back of the speaker is facing the wall.

That's why Mike's answer isn't making sense to me.
    Are you part of the dirty digital peasants or a member of the great Analog Master Race?

SDA Recommended Playlist https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FZCRkdxYXVNanc

Open for editing.

Ditto what quadzilla wrote, my experience surrounds are sold in pairs of one left and one right (for FxiA3,5,6). Left speaker has woofer on right, port on left, tweeters on both sides, right speaker has woofer on left, port on right, again tweeters on both sides. If you bought two pairs and got three Lefts, something fishy occurred.
    Optoma HD65
    Yamaha RX-V440
    Boston Acoustic VR12 center
    Boston Acoustic HD10B L/R
    Polk Audio PSW100 Sub (2)
    Polk Audio FXi3 surrounds
    Polk Audio FXIA6 rear (single)
    Sony PS3

Thread Information