Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Default Patrick, forum needs respect.

That's one of the problems this forum is having. If we don't show we deserve respect, we won't get it.

I am not going to sit around allowing a few cowards create offensive posts/threads.

One thing is to ignore stupid posts, but repetitive offensive posts is a different thing.

People are getting tired of this.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Amen. It is snow balling. Wake up ~P~.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Agreed.....WTF Partick ? Wake up.These trolls have been around way too long.

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Who is his boss? I have, and others have tried to contact Patrick about this crap and nothing. Send me some info via email.
    Thanks guys.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I'm the first to admit my temper has been short engaging some of these twits. And hell, if I gotta go then push the button. But take care of all of it for the good of CP. This board is one of the few pleasures I have. It's members are people of good character. Don't let these turds run the forum into the gutter. Please, it's time to step up to the plate.
    Last edited by Keiko; 05-03-2009 at 08:20 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

If CL35 had posted 1/4 of what some of these trolls have he would have been permanently banned a hell of a lot sooner.

How some of these didnt get at least a temporary time out is unbelievable.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Time for action. Get it done!
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60

Member Sales Rating: (19)

At least give them time off/temp ban. If they come back with same same the ban perm.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

Don't get your panties in a wad, girls. They are as good as gone...
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

Member Sales Rating: (0)

This forum certainly has my respect. Yes, there seems to be a small group of people who think its funny to intentionally irritate others. Unfortunatly these people exist all over the internet and in life for that matter. I have chosen to ignore them and not let them get under my skin. Every time you respond to people like this, you just reinforce the behaviour.
    That said, this place on the whole has been an enjoyable and informative experience for me.

Thank-You

Tim
    "They're always talking about my drinking, but never mention my thirst" Oscar Wilde

Pre-Amp: Anthem AVM 20
    Amp: Carver TFM-35
    Amp: Rotel RB-870BX
    Fronts : SDA 1B w/ RDO-194s
    T.V.:Plasma TC-P54G25
    Bluray: Oppo BDP-93
    Speaker Cables: MIT Terminater
    Interconnect Cables:DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1isonic

It seems the moderation has loosened up dramatically lately. Not sure if it's lack of time or just a sign of the times w/Polk and Matt moving on. RuSsMan is non-existent lately and Doro pops in with a 1-2 liner occasionally. And beyond a couple comments from Patrick it seems to have become a free for all.

I have been guilty of feeding the trolls......especially when bored at work. It's just too easy to put a one-liner or two out there occasionally against this latest rash of asshats.

Perhaps we could raid their camp and extinguish all of them at once.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    It seems the moderation has loosened up dramatically lately. Not sure if it's lack of time or just a sign of the times w/Polk and Matt moving on. RuSsMan is non-existent lately and Doro pops in with a 1-2 liner occasionally. And beyond a couple comments from Patrick it seems to have become a free for all.
    Is it possible to empower some regular, even tempered members with moderation privileges? Just to assist in keeping things in check around here.

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Is it possible to empower some regular, even tempered members with moderation privileges? Just to assist in keeping things in check around here.
    I think that is the answer
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I guess I am missing these offensive threads. I haven't noticed.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut4772 View Post
    i guess i am missing these offensive threads. I haven't noticed.
    ed zachary

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut4772 View Post
    I guess I am missing these offensive threads. I haven't noticed.
    Here's just one of the latest, choice examples Darla. Some of it's not as noticeable because it evolves around the discussion in other posts. It gets way off topic and not even considered banter. Just downright trolling in every sense of the word. There's some whacked out sociopaths in here on a mission.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82485

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Here's just one of the latest, choice examples Darla. Some of it's not as noticeable because it evolves around the discussion in other posts. It gets way off topic and not even considered banter. Just downright trolling in every sense of the word. There's some whacked out sociopaths in here on a mission.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82485
    That one was kinda funny to start.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.

Thats what I mentioned in the "J" thread. There are several of us on here that have been around long enough to know if they could do it without taking advantage.

Id volunteer to mod the car side. Club Polk is my homepage and Ive checked out the car side every day for the last 6 years - wouldnt be hard to keep track on spam and other crap.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    Thats what I mentioned in the "J" thread. There are several of us on here that have been around long enough to know if they could do it without taking advantage.

Id volunteer to mod the car side. Club Polk is my homepage and Ive checked out the car side every day for the last 6 years - wouldnt be hard to keep track on spam and other crap.
    Cool Mac. There's quite a few senior members that are around regularly that could make this work I think. Question is, will the Powers That Be allow for it and would any of old timers want to do this? Moderating is not an easy task. Something at this point needs to be done though.

I dont see why it shouldnt - every other forum I frequent has members as mods and none of those forums has as dedicated and loyal a membership base as Club Polk.

Moderators wouldnt necessarily have admin privileges. Be able to delete and/or edit threads and maybe throwing a temporary ban on members. Anything above and beyond that would be only doable by the top brass.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Member Sales Rating: (11)

i think it could work great... some regulars to be mods.. but maybe the extent of their power would be to close a thread.. so it doesn't get out of hand... I think that's a good idea..

give a few more regulars the power to only close a thread.. not ban or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post
    i think it could work great... some regulars to be mods.. but maybe the extent of their power would be to close a thread.. so it doesn't get out of hand... I think that's a good idea..

give a few more regulars the power to only close a thread.. not ban or anything else.
    Like the "Free iPod / Nokia FS / cell phone for sale" threads?

I wouldn't mind doing some of that...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!

Thread was deleted. thanks Patrick, or whoever did it.

This is the second offensive thread speakertweekar had deleted (at least from what I've seen). The first one was specifically directed to a forum member.

So why hasn't speakertweekar been banned?

SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (58)

It was probably addressed by the folks that you think don't visit or participate enough, huh?

That's it. I quit.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Last edited by Keiko; 05-03-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    It was probably addressed by the folks that you think don't visit or participate enough, huh?
    Mark,

I have nothing to complain about on forum moderation in general. I don't mind the spam threads that stay for hours or days. Furthermore, I don't mind the heated cable discussions with different opinions (I mention this because I know other member see these as trolling). In fact, I think that in most of the cable threads that got ugly, there's a "non newbee" to blame.

What I can't stand is when I see a member get offensive, and get away with it. Be it a new member or an old member, I think those should be banned, especially if they get two threads deleted in just a few hours.

When a referee doesn't control the players, the game gets out of hand.

SOPA

Hi Patrick. :)

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

Instead of asking for more moderation, why don't the majority of you PRACTICE moderating yourselves.

It is pretty much easy to spot when someone is a troll or trouble maker, and that when they see they can pull your strings & get you going that is what they do. AND YOU FALL FOR IT EVERYTIME!

The "How long can speakers last?" is a perfect example. You guys are like dogs with bones you just can't let it go. The troller went under radar & you guys just kept poking the thread along till he came back to keep the foolishness going. The OP got all the answers that he needs. Now just let the damn thread die!

You want respect? Practice what you preach! Act your ages instead of your shoe sizes. Unless something is truly harmful to the spirit of the board WALK AWAY & LET IT GO!

We are all supposed to be adults here, lets start acting like it. If you find it's too boring for you, feel free to leave & don't let the door hit you on the way out. This forum will continue on along just fine without you.

THANK YOU STEVE!!!
    Last edited by cfrizz; 05-03-2009 at 12:34 PM.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Thread Information