Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default Adcom GFA 2 vs Adcom 535II

I currently have an Adcom 535II and like the sound it gives. I have a chance to pick up an Adcom GFA 2 amp for $100.00 and was wondering how it compares sound wise and is that a good price? I know it is 100wpc but do not know much else about it. He also has a multi channel Adcom amp for sale as well. He was not sure of the model # but said he would sell that one for $100.00 as well. Thanks for any input.:D

**I am meeting the guy this evening to take a look and listen. Equipment is in good condition (a little dusty) from the pics and detailed description he gave. Here is a link for those that want to take a peek.**

http://richmond.craigslist.org/ele/1160351235.html
    Last edited by BigMac; 05-08-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (43)

I don't know too much about the GFA-2. It may not be common ground. The price on the multi channel amp is a steal. I could not figure out which model it is from the pics.
    http://www.adcom.com/manuals.aspx
    Good luck, and let us know.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

While sitting outside and enjoying the day one of my neighbors that was walking by stopped and we got to chatting. One thing led to another and he said he had an Adcom GFA-2 up in his attic. I compared it to my Adcom 535II that was just sitting collecting dust and my Luxman M-117. Long story short, we listened to it for a little while and I did not like it. It was lifeless and dull plus the bass was very sloppy. I did a little digging on the preamp in the CL pic and found out it's a GTP-600. I remembered about the Adcom preamp question asked not to long ago about which models were good and this is not one of the better ones plus I don't want/need prologic stuff. Now all I need to figure out is what the other amp is he has. I looked all over AG,Ebay, and various other sites but cannot seem to find out which model it is. Guess I will just have to wait till this evening.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

The one on the bottom in the first picture looks like a gfa2535.
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."

Yep that's it. Thanks for the help. I did a search here at CP for it and saw your post about the one on Ebay. Looks like I will get it for a good price at $100.00. I am just hoping that the condition is as the guy described when I look at it in person. From what I read it's 2 535s in one. Thanks again.:D

Just talked to him and I am going at 8pm. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaa!!
    Last edited by BigMac; 05-08-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Yeah, that 2535 for $100 is a good deal. I just bought one from CL locally for $160. Before that, I was watching a few of them on Ebay, and they all went for $120+,and as much as $200, before shipping cost, so $100 with no shipping cost is great.

Yeah, it is basically two 535's in one chassis. One is bridgeable for 200W into 8 ohms. Good luck!!, let us know how you do.
    Attached Images
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."

Well, I was going to go but got bad news a little while ago. My grandmother passed away at the age of 90 a few days ago. My number has changed and is unlisted so it took them a few to find me. So, the money I was going to spend on the amp I will now be spending on gas and a hotel. Gotta drive up to Salisbury MD tomorrow for the funeral. Life just sucks sometimes.:(

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/2...320/1023/Lena+

Thread Information