Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: box in a sedan

austinwrx

Talking box in a sedan

What would you guys recommend for a sedan as far as box design goes? sealed? bandpass?

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure how to configure it - a woofer firing at the center of the seats? A port firing through the deck? In the corner of the trunk?

I've always had hatch backs or trucks but would definitley like to get the best box for a nice SQ system. I really don't care about loud boomy bass and would prefer a lighter smaller box.

I'm not afraid of wood or fiberglass work either. After building a wooden and fiberglass stealth box for a 12" in a camaro I'm not scared ;)

FYI the woofer will be a mm104 in a Subaru WRX.

-Geo

Member Sales Rating: (0)

better idea...

mount it in the rear deck
    ... the 10 will fit.

cut a hole, and then drop the sub in with a mdf "box" bolted up underneath the deck inside the trunk... the woofer having been mounted with flange above hte deck in the cabin.

it'll take a bit of work, and some good carpentry skills to fab up a solid wood deck plate that will fitin there so u're not mounting hte sub to steel, but it'll probably sound like a champ. definately the best SQ in a sedan. considereing mounting subs in the trunk = loss of sq due to the fact that you're listening to subs inside of "a box" instead of in "the box" with you.
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag

Thread Information