Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default My one day as a Wal-Mart greeter

So I landed my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter (a good way to pass some time and get a few bucks for retirees like me).

My job lasted less than a day.

You probably want to know the story. Everyone does.

Well, about two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly, Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?

This ugly woman quit yelling and stopped in her tracks.

Hell no, they ain't twins, she said in a loud voice, glaring at me. The oldest one's 9, and the other one is 7.

Oh, I said.

Why the hell would you think they're twins? She continued, still using such a loud voice that all the other customers were also stopping and turning to look at us standing there at the entrance. Are you blind, or just stupid?

I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I replied -- loud enough for everyone to hear, but calmly and in the politest of tones. I just couldn't believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.

She just stood there dumb-struck, but all the other customers -- every last one of them smiling and giggling, immediately turned and continued on their ways.

My supervisor approached me after observing the incident and said, I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Wal-Mart needs more good people like you. :D
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (4)

That's a great story. I wish I was there to hear that! Stories like that remind me why I never step foot into Wal-Mart.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

We had an off duty cop beat the crap out of a Walmart greeter here in town.

The cop was walking out with some of his "posse" when the alarm went off. The greeter called out to him but he kept walking so the greeter, a little old man, went up and reached for his arm and as soon as he did, the cop spun around and threw the 5' 4" old dude up against the wall. Dude is suing the city of Chattanooga for like 20 million!!

polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Member Sales Rating: (1)

[QUOTE=MacLeod;1077261]We had an off duty cop beat the crap out of a Walmart greeter here in town.

The cop was walking out with some of his "posse" when the alarm went off. The greeter called out to him but he kept walking so the greeter, a little old man, went up and reached for his arm and as soon as he did, the cop spun around and threw the 5' 4" old dude up against the wall. Dude is suing the city of Chattanooga for like 20 million!!

QUOTE]

Now that's a cop that should loose his job. Not in the line of performing his duties, no adrenalin pumping, just a disgrace to the profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo0530 View Post
    That's a great story. I wish I was there to hear that! Stories like that remind me why I never step foot into Wal-Mart.
    You do know it's an old internet joke, don't you? This really didn't happen.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    You do know it's an old internet joke, don't you? This really didn't happen.
    Damn it Tom! :p :D

Sorry man. I'll be sure not to tell anybody else. :D

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California

funny thing is that it happened almost exactly to Jesse too.. ;)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

:p ;)

Dude, no I was there it really happened just like Keiko said:p Except for the part where the ugly lady kicked the **** out him. He always leaves that part out!

Member Sales Rating: (4)

So maybe I'm not up to date on internet jokes, but the bad thing is that is still why I won't go to Wal-Mart. Honestly haven't been in one for atleast 5 years or more probably. I don't care that things might be cheaper there...I hate the place. Good joke by the way and I'll finish wiping the egg off my face now:o

...should use a tag instead of expressing in reaction....

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo0530 View Post
    So maybe I'm not up to date on internet jokes, but the bad thing is that is still why I won't go to Wal-Mart. Honestly haven't been in one for atleast 5 years or more probably. I don't care that things might be cheaper there...I hate the place. Good joke by the way and I'll finish wiping the egg off my face now:o
    Nice joke, Kieko!

I go there all of the time. Their prices are generally good and I buy by price for things for the a similar quality I could get elsewhere. Their check out lines
    suck.

There is a certain amount of truth to things about Walmart though. It does draw some, well ... interesting people. A couple of years back my adolescent son nudges me and quitely says the two guys behind us are gay (he was in that gay phobe phase young straight adolsecents finds themselves in when discovering themselves).

That caused me to glance. Behind us were two not well off guys acting as a couple and "she" was obviously in the midst of a sex change - wearing female clothing & sporting a purse, but hadn't taken things further yet. A short diversity talk occurred on the drive home.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I don't know Keiko, personally, of course. But I can't imagine him as a greeter at a W-mart. That just seemed INCONCEIVABLE from the first sentence. It is an amusing story nonetheless.

I'd probably spend more time in a W-mart if stuff like that happened!

cnh

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly61 View Post
    Nice joke, Kieko!

I go there all of the time. Their prices are generally good and I buy by price for things for the a similar quality I could get elsewhere. Their check out lines
    suck.

There is a certain amount of truth to things about Walmart though. It does draw some, well ... interesting people. A couple of years back my adolescent son nudges me and quitely says the two guys behind us are gay (he was in that gay phobe phase young straight adolsecents finds themselves in when discovering themselves).

That caused me to glance. Behind us were two not well off guys acting as a couple and "she" was obviously in the midst of a sex change - wearing female clothing & sporting a purse, but hadn't taken things further yet. A short diversity talk occurred on the drive home.

Thinking about what I wrote above, hell, I am probably one of the "interesting" folks too. Going in there wearing bibbed overalls and such..... ;)

Member Sales Rating: (17)

When I hear those buzzers go off I just keep walking, Nobody has tried to stop me yet.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Thread Information