Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    You mean the current doesn't flow foward . . . what a revelation!
    Apparently not. I have it on good authority that the AC current changes both POLARITY and DIRECTION every 1/60th of a second.

Now, I bet even an experienced awedeeOHfile like you didn't know that AC had POLARITY did you? C'mon...admit it.

Einstein's apprentice is wicked SMAAT!!
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by DarqueKnight View Post
    Apparently not. I have it on good authority that the AC current changes both POLARITY and DIRECTION every 1/60th of a second.

Now, I bet even an experienced awedeeOHfile like you didn't know that AC had POLARITY did you? C'mon...admit it.

Einstein's apprentice is wicked SMAAT!!
    TK,

Any competent physicist knows that AC does not actually reverse "direction". When you plug a television into an AC socket does the energy flow back and forth between the TV and the wall? Of course not. How would any electricity get to the TV if it was constantly jumping back and forth, or "reversing direction" between the wall and the TV? The voltage, or the force that pushes the current, swings between a maximum and a minimum value, but the net flow of energy (electrical current) is forward from the wall to the TV.
    Really!!
    Maybe that is why there are two prongs on a power cord that carry current. Just a thought.
    We don't want too many at one time. Forget the math too. P=V x I is too complex.

Don't you just love it!
    Last edited by xcapri79; 08-24-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

It appears some of the candy@sses are coming out of hiding now since tags have been eliminated.

Default отлично

отлично, значит всё в поряде !

Quote Originally Posted by garageinc View Post
    отлично, значит всё в поряде !
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by bikezappa View Post
    Exactly!
    I concur as well.
    Do you hear that buzzing noise?

You're right. I missed them when I cut and pasted. Thanks for pointing out the omission.:)

The front mains are Polk Audio SDA SRS's.
    Really? How do the LSi blend with the SDA SRS?

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I recently replaced the stock fuses on my subwoofer, media player, and amplifier with the AMR Gold Fuses. Couple of interesting observations. I tried both directions on the new fuses in each component. I didn't notice any change in sound on the subwoofer and media player, but BIG difference with the amp. I don't have a multimeter to measure polarity but in one direction the amp sounds smoother and more relaxed, with the fuse installed the other direction there is more detail and hf extension. The difference is not subtle and immediately noticeable. I'd describe the change as comparable to switching stock power cord with a high quality aftermarket one.

I wouldn't have believed any of this if I hadn't tried it and heard the change myself.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by iskandam View Post
    I wouldn't have believed any of this if I hadn't tried it and heard the change myself.

Need I say more ?

Wow, this thread was way before my time. It's still amazes me when you have a proven PHd. and maybe another doctor going at it. All through science theories have been debated, debunked or proven as science fact. There's always been competion even among sceintists on the same project(many on the Manhattan Project couldn't agree until Fermi and Oppenheimer pulled the team together) and then you have 2 people working in 2 different countries on the same project and not know like the race for the jet engine w/ England's Frank Whittle and Germany w/ Dr. Hans Von Oheim just as 1 minor example. Where does that leave me in a 55 y/o apt with brittle aluminum wiring. I do have circuit breakers and not glass fuses and I hear nothing but music and only music. Lucky I guess.
    2chl- Adcom 555- NAD 1020a pre- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson - 9 outlet- Niles - 6 zone spkr selector- DCM TF 350s- ADC 303ax- KLH 331- Polk Audio '87 SDA 2Bs w/ ic cable (Dynamat extreme, black hole-5- Mills 0.5 resistor, liquid nails, RDO- 194 tweeters, Larry's rings, Armaflex gaskets, stained walnut tops )

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #500HD Speaker set- Sony ce 375 5 disc carosel cdp-

Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL J2060

Member Sales Rating: (1)

He's talking about fuses in gear, not your home LW. LOL

My point was to the fact that someone tried it on their own and heard for themselves the changes that can occur. Where have I heard that before ?? Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by djwest78 View Post
    Really? How do the LSi blend with the SDA SRS?
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I am just now running across your question. Due to a glitch in the forum software, I (and some others) no longer get email notification when someone responds to a thread I'm subscribed to.

The LSis blend with the SRSs very well. There is no glaring timbre shift as sounds move from side to center to the other side through the LSi9s. The LSi15s I use for surrounds also blend in well with the SRSs. I do have to use dual LSi9s for centers because one LSi9 did not match the sonic weight of the SRSs. I also disconnected the tweeter of one of the LSi9s for a more balanced sound.
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member

Thread Information