Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 38
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default Received my Rti-A7's today....too bad polk sent me the wrong ones....cherry!

    So I got my new speakers...been waiting 3 years for them and polk sent me the cherry instead of the black. So now I have a black csi-a6 a black sub and two cherry a7's. I ordered a black one. I know for sure. The online order states so. SO what to do. I am at the point now that I would be willing to keep the cherry's if polk would let me send in my a6 and send me a cherry one. I am just sol on the sub...I do not want to go through the hassle and I sure as heck am not paying to ship these back they messed up....

    What are your guys ideas???
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pearland Texas 77584
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    They should pay for the pickup and return, after all it was no fault of yours .

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Suggestion is to call Polk Customer Service. They have been great to me in the past and I expect you will get the exact same service. Mistakes are made, but Polk is a great company and I expect they will take great care of you. Dont email, call em to get a quicker response!
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

    Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

    HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

    Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

    Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

    Sales Rating
    Gear

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's not home, the N.W. will do for now
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Suggestion is to call Polk Customer Service. They have been great to me in the past and I expect you will get the exact same service. Mistakes are made, but Polk is a great company and I expect they will take great care of you. Dont email, call em to get a quicker response!
    I concur 100%
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too


    Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva


    Cans
    Grado RS2i

    2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    13,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Suggestion is to call Polk Customer Service. They have been great to me in the past and I expect you will get the exact same service. Mistakes are made, but Polk is a great company and I expect they will take great care of you. Dont email, call em to get a quicker response!
    Fully agree.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A place called Winnipeg
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Do you like the cherry look more now that you've seen them in person?

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    530

    Default

    the cherrys look fantastic; i can't imagine anyone prefering the black unless he needs to match other furniture.. :)

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravaneli View Post
    the cherrys look fantastic; i can't imagine anyone prefering the black unless he needs to match other furniture.. :)
    I agree...you can not beat Cherry!!! no matter if I have pick amplifier or furnitures are yellow, I would not change cherry for black!
    Make it simple...Make it better!

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    Do you like the cherry look more now that you've seen them in person?
    We do like the cherry now that I have it, but I am concerned that it doesn't match my Csi-a6 and my sub. I will call polk on Monday. I am going to ask them if they would send me a CSi-a6 in cherry and let me send them back my black one. I think I am just sol on my sub but it is in the corner. These speakers are next to the entertainment center and on it.

    Who knows.
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default

    I am very happy with the sound quality of the a7's with my 3808ci av receiver. I almost never listen to the system over -22 and at most -16 on the volume dial. As of right now I dont think that I will ever need an external amp. Right now I am running full range to break them in. Once I get past the 100+ hours break in time I will cross them over to 80hz. It is amazing to have a speaker setup that is all timber matched and of great quality. Now what should I do with my RT600i's and my PSW-350?
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pearland Texas 77584
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    I like the cherry to the black is kinda plain. My CS-20 is black I kinda wish I would have got cherry but the Tv is black and so is the stand so it's ok.

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A place called Winnipeg
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
    We do like the cherry now that I have it, but I am concerned that it doesn't match my Csi-a6 and my sub. I will call polk on Monday. I am going to ask them if they would send me a CSi-a6 in cherry and let me send them back my black one. I think I am just sol on my sub but it is in the corner. These speakers are next to the entertainment center and on it.

    Who knows.
    Look at it this way, if it's a concern to change that sub to a better color such as Cherry or a lighter wood, it's something you can flip your current one for when the time comes. People "shouldn't" be looking at the sub anyways , just hearing it.

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Regardless most subs are black in color anyway from what I see. I didnt think polk made a sub in anything OTHER than black besides the shortlived PSW1000 and LSi1000 which had the same type wood panels as the LSi's.

    As Drenis said as well, put the sub in a corner out of sight, its not supposed to be the main focal point .
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

    Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

    HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

    Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

    Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

    Sales Rating
    Gear

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's not home, the N.W. will do for now
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Agree with Drenis and Enders, My set up is cherry with black subs, the contrast is nice. My surrounds are also black. Embrace the interracial marriage of your H.T.
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too


    Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva


    Cans
    Grado RS2i

    2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (12)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    http://audiomilitia.proboards.com
    Posts
    12,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
    As of right now I dont think that I will ever need an external amp.
    That will change. You are only hearing about 50% of what they are capable of when supplied with good, clean power. Carver, Parasound and Rotel are your friend if you are on a budget and want high quality sound. Sunfire and the Halo from Parasound if you want to really up your game.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.


    "The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    361

    Default

    concure
    Hello Kitty am/fm CD player

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    That will change. You are only hearing about 50% of what they are capable of when supplied with good, clean power. Carver, Parasound and Rotel are your friend if you are on a budget and want high quality sound. Sunfire and the Halo from Parasound if you want to really up your game.
    Maybe. I am not sure. If I do not know what I am missing how would I know? I wish I could demo an amp and find out.
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's not home, the N.W. will do for now
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    It looks like you're running a 7.1. Your receiver is bench tested at 113.5w with all channels driven @ 0.1% distortion which is pretty awesome IMO. The speakers you're employing with it, are rated much higher, the c alone is rated at a max 200w, the A7's @ 300 max.

    Though I don't have any ear-xperience with the 7's, I noticed my A9's smoothed out with the addition of extra power. Maybe the A7's share the same handling quality?
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too


    Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva


    Cans
    Grado RS2i

    2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiptouz
    We do like the cherry now that I have it, but I am concerned that it doesn't match my Csi-a6 and my sub. I will call polk on Monday. I am going to ask them if they would send me a CSi-a6 in cherry and let me send them back my black one.
    As soon as you realized Polk sent you the wrong color, which is printed on the side of the carton, you should have stopped right there and contacted Polk the next business day. However, you took them out of the cartons and hooked them up making them used speakers. Now, that's all fine and dandy if you plan on keeping them, but to expect Polk to exchange them now that you've used them or exchange your well used black CSi A6 for a brand new cherry colored one is ridiculous, IMO.

    The right thing to do because Karma is a bitch:

    If you really want a cherry CSi A6 now, sell your black one and order the cherry. I'd bet that if you explain what happened, Polk would even give you a nice discount on a cherry center.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
    Maybe. I am not sure. If I do not know what I am missing how would I know? I wish I could demo an amp and find out.
    On low volumes you are not missing anything, and don't let the crowd here tell you otherwise.
    As you turn the volume up, however, the woofers of the A7s become better served by an amp. I have tested my A7s with many amps and there is more depth in the beats with an amp (music).

    There is a separate issue that is not related to power - that is the audio signature of the A7s combined with that of the amp or receiver. The RTi A line is know to be bright. As long as you power them with anything with low distortion, they will sound bright. Some amps however distort a little of their own, sometimes reducing the relative power of the high frequencies. They pass for 'warm' sounding. Those may be a good match for the A7s, but you could do that better with an equalizer and a spectrum analyzer.

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (12)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    http://audiomilitia.proboards.com
    Posts
    12,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravaneli View Post
    On low volumes you are not missing anything, and don't let the crowd here tell you otherwise.
    This statement is simply untrue. While some receivers are better than others, and the 3808 is no slouch, there is no way that an improvement in sound would not be immediately appearant from adding a QUALITY separate amp.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.


    "The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,243

    Default

    As long as you power them with anything with low distortion, they will sound bright. Some amps however distort a little of their own, sometimes reducing the relative power of the high frequencies. They pass for 'warm' sounding.
    How you can get so much of this hobby so wrong, so often simply boggles the mind.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (27)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    20,970

    Default

    That is the most incorrect, confusing statement I have read in a long time...
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

    "No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

  24. #24

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    How you can get so much of this hobby so wrong, so often simply boggles the mind.
    What boggles my mind is how can u have 25 frikkin thousand posts and not know some basics. It would be naive of me to expect you to suddenly understand something after all those years.

    Anywho, that's my opinion and you really don't have the expertise to put a definitive answer on these matters.

  25. #25

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    17,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravaneli View Post
    Anywho, that's my opinion and you really don't have the expertise to put a definitive answer on these matters.
    Opinions are one thing, but to say F1NUT doesn't have the expertise.....well, lets just say he's had more amps, more sets of speakers than you've had pairs of socks in your whole lifetime.

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    British Columbia (Canada eh)
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravaneli View Post
    On low volumes you are not missing anything
    .
    Wrong. My A7's sounded good with Pioneer Elite receiver at low volume, but they sounded great (again at low volume) when I put them on a Carver TFM-25.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Eico ST-70 Integrated Tube Amp fully rebuilt and modded
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    DBX 3BX-DS
    DBX 224-DS
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fongolio View Post
    Wrong. My A7's sounded good with Pioneer Elite receiver at low volume, but they sounded great (again at low volume) when I put them on a Carver TFM-25.
    sssssssuuuuuuuure : )

  28. #28

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravaneli View Post
    What boggles my mind is how can u have 25 frikkin thousand posts and not know some basics. It would be naive of me to expect you to suddenly understand something after all those years.

    Anywho, that's my opinion and you really don't have the expertise to put a definitive answer on these matters.
    Says the guy, that so far, hasn't got one thing right about this hobby. Hilarious!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  29. #29

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    As soon as you realized Polk sent you the wrong color, which is printed on the side of the carton, you should have stopped right there and contacted Polk the next business day. However, you took them out of the cartons and hooked them up making them used speakers. Now, that's all fine and dandy if you plan on keeping them, but to expect Polk to exchange them now that you've used them or exchange your well used black CSi A6 for a brand new cherry colored one is ridiculous, IMO.

    The right thing to do because Karma is a bitch:

    If you really want a cherry CSi A6 now, sell your black one and order the cherry. I'd bet that if you explain what happened, Polk would even give you a nice discount on a cherry center.
    F1nut,

    I agree with you 100%.

    Too bad my wife did not know that I ordered black and opened the first box before I oculd even tell her to stop. She was being awesome and help me out. Once I saw them and my wife saw them we both liked them. Now. It is not my responsibility to qa/qc check what goes out of polks factory. It is theirs. Now I could have not opened them and sent them back only to have polk ssend me the new ones. I called polk today and they were awesome. They volunteered to send me a cherry enclosure for my csi-a6. I have to remove the guts and all else from the black cabinet and put in the cherry one. We both agreed that this was a win win for both parties. I am very happy with the solution and so is polk. IMHO they took care of me and just builds my loyalty that much more.
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  30. #30

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
    I called polk today and they were awesome. They volunteered to send me a cherry enclosure for my csi-a6. I have to remove the guts and all else from the black cabinet and put in the cherry one. We both agreed that this was a win win for both parties. I am very happy with the solution and so is polk. IMHO they took care of me and just builds my loyalty that much more.
    Glad to hear, sounds like a fair deal for everyone.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

    Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

    Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

    Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM
  2. Received the final blow today.
    By Grimster74 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 01:56 AM
  3. So I received a package today....
    By rnp614 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 08:20 PM
  4. Today i received the mmc6500 :)
    By SamSagaZ in forum Car Audio & Electronics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 04:40 PM
  5. Russ, received the Rotel today...
    By organ in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts