Greetings everyone! I'm obviously new here, but I've looked around and there is a wealth of knowledge here! I've already answered some of my questions just by looking at other posts. However, I do have some residual questions.
Firstly, I should supply you with my information. I recently obtained a 94 Buick Roadmaster sedan. I'm looking to put a decently nice system without totally breaking my wallet. It doesn't have stock speakers, but they might as well be. It already has a JVC KD s690 for a head unit with specs of:
Built-In Amplifier RMS Power 4 x 17 Watts RMS
Built-In Amplifier Power 4 x 45 Watt.
I have ordered:
(1) SR124DVC 12"
(1) PA1200.1 Monoblock Amplifier
On with the questions:
1. am i over powering my sub?
2. where should I get an enclosure for this sub? And would I be correct in thinking a sealed box would go best? MDF is good right?
3. I think its imperative i change my headunit, I wanna go with Kenwood KDC-HD942U because it has 4v to the preamp. is this wise? http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113HD94...U.html?tp=5684
4. i also want to get some speakers of the door and rear deck. should i get a different amp to power these? if i cant afford the amp right off, can i still just get the speakers? (will go with mm5251 or db6501 that have crossovers)
5. is there anything i'm overlooking?
Thanks for your advise!