Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default How many guys "DON"T" cook on the grill???

Maybe it's just me but I think it's an unwritten rule that the man of the house fires up the grill & does the grillin!!!! Even if you don't know how to cook, grillin comes natural. I have to chuckle about two of my buddies that don't do any of the cooking...inside or out. If it's not a PB&J sandwich, they're lost. Man I pity them if the wife goes first. It just looks weird seeing there wives flipping the burgers!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I do all the grilling, and at least half of the cooking too. I like to cook, and I like how the wifey likes my cooking! On the other hand, it wouldn't bother me in the least if the wifey was grilling too, and she is actually a very good cook IMO.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

I am the "grillmaster";)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

My former boss was one of those. One week his wife was out of town on a business trip. He went out to eat EVERY NIGHT!

Man is he in trouble if she goes before him. But then again he just might marry right away again to avoid it.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I grill and help with the cooking, cleaning house, yard work. it all pays off when i get to trim her lawn.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Many years ago my wife was going to cook up some stuff on the grill because I was a bit busy. I see her standing next to the grill with the cover closed for a minute or two, then she gets ready to push the ignite button. I quickly run out ask what she's doing, and she said she was giving the gas time to warm up before lighting it.

Now, I don't know exactly what would have happened if she had pressed that button with the cover closed and the grill full of gas, but I don't think it would have been pretty. Needless to say she didn't use the grill again for a long while...

But yeah, I do 80% of the cooking for our family and 98% of the grilling.
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH

Member Sales Rating: (2)

No one touches my grill but me! :D Isn't that an unwritten mens rule?

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Quote Originally Posted by 66chevyIISS View Post
    No one touches my grill but me! :D Isn't that an unwritten mens rule?
    AMEN to that, I won't even show my wife how to fire mine up! If by chance I decide to let her cook on the grill which has only happened twice in our 13 year marriage, I fire the grill up for her.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
    "My Theater Room"

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I do the majority of the cooking...grill or no grill. I don't think my girlfriend even knows how to turn a grill on.
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I don't cook on the grill. Actually don't have one, I've found it hard to take on backpacking trips. Now if you are asking who cooks over an open fire under the stars, then sign me up.

I do all the cooking, and all the grilling. I live near chicago and grill 300+ days a year. Lowest actual temperature was 10 below (not including wind chill). My neighbor actually called to ask what the hell I was doing. I told him I was grilling duck. He said "what are you crazy?', and I replied "why, don't you like grilled duck?' lol. :D

Quote Originally Posted by toolforlifefan View Post
    i grill and help with the cooking, cleaning house, yard work. It all pays off when i get to trim her lawn.
    +1 :d

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I don't have a grill, but I do have a Big Green Egg that can perform the same tasks as a grill when asked. I do 100% of the cooking on the BGE, but it's just me and the dog so....

....Now if I could just find a young lady to do the cleaning after I cook....

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I do all the grilling. Hey, it's my grill. I bought it, you don't touch it. Keep this in mind, folks who are coming up this weekend.
    Ludicrous gibs!

webdude

If you think you're a guy, and you don't grill... you're not not a guy.

Ich bin der Ubergrillmeister! :D

grillin' is in a mans genes ;)

you have your X and Y chromosomes. and your BBQ chromosomes. :p

Quote Originally Posted by I-SIG View Post
    I don't have a grill, but I do have a Big Green Egg that can perform the same tasks as a grill when asked. I do 100% of the cooking on the BGE, but it's just me and the dog so....

....Now if I could just find a young lady to do the cleaning after I cook....

Wes
    The Big Green Egg will be my next major purchase I think. I've had a lot of food cooked the the BGE and it's great. I haven't had anything that I haven't loved off of the BGE actually.

I have my nice Weber charcoal grill and I'm the only one the uses it. It intimidates my g/f, but so does the stove, microwave, or anything else that food could possibly cooked with. I do all of the cooking and I let her do the ordering if we're getting take out. I've actually gotten her to try/enjoy a lot of foods that she didn't before we started dating. Steak being the main thing because I cook medium-medium rare and her family eats Filet WELL-DONE

it's cool to see how many guys in here do the majority of the cooking.. indoors or outside.

Thanks God I am not alone to cook for wife. :)

Crag cook meat. Meat good!

Member Sales Rating: (7)

I don't grill - probably not that I can't - I just don't. My wife is an awesome cook be it with a grill, microwave, stove or crock pot. I let her play to her strenghts...

The only appliance I cook with is a phone - it works well and I can cook almost anything you want (and it will be done in under an hour....).

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)

Charcoal Grill - Me
    Propane - Her

Halen

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I used to grill all the time, and not a bad cook but I preferred someone else did it. Even better if no-one did it, and I paid for it. ;) But my GRILLING days came to an end one day, when I was told I wasn't doing it right.... What no big FLAMES grilled to death, need to slow cook... what is this the kitchen??????????? Ok you GRILL. So I grill maybe 10% of the time now.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Grill, stove, oven, whatever, whatever makes me delicious food I'll learn how to use :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

I'm the grill man over here. I am not a good cook, actually, I'm a lousy cook. But I'm trying to learn new stuff. I did beer-butt chicken the other day....MmmMmmm.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.

Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

You're only grill'n if it's charcoal, propane is nothing but a stove outside, it doesn't count.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

Default Charcoal is for Real Men!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron-P View Post
    You're only grill'n if it's charcoal, propane is nothing but a stove outside, it doesn't count.
    I was saying this too, until a few years ago. I still like charcoal, and it demands more skill than gas IMO, but since I grill at least twice a week, every week, every year (even when I lived in Wellesley, MA, in the snow), I can't argue with the convenience and economy of a gas grill. In fact, if I used charcoal, I'd probably be broke!

Charcoal IS the best... but for those of us who don't have the time to stoke a fire, let it burn down for 30 minutes, and then cook, propane is a savior. If I've got 30 minutes total I can grill up some burgers, deep fry some fresh cut fries, and have a meal and get out the door to the next job.

Buddy of mine used charcoal exclusively. Yep, the meat was great, especially with a few hickory chunks thrown in... but too labor-intensive for every day grilling.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I do ALL the cookin' in my home & I love grillin'- especially grilled sausages and tri-tip. I live alone, so if I don't cook- I'd starve. I use my propane grill probably 3 times/week.

I also like fire!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo0530 View Post
    The Big Green Egg will be my next major purchase I think. I've had a lot of food cooked the the BGE and it's great. I haven't had anything that I haven't loved off of the BGE actually.
    Good man! A BGE will be the last grill/smoker/outdoor oven you buy unless you drop it and break it!

No major metal parts to rust out like most grills either. With fresh lump charcoal, a MAPP gas torch, and a bellow it can be up to temp in 10 or 15 minutes.

You just can't beat it with a stick!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Thread Information