Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I wouldn't panic. Blu-Ray was announced over 7 years ago and it is still a faltering technology, even after HD-DVD ceded the market over a year ago. With the current state of the economy, I doubt any manufacturer is going to alienate the customer base by saying that their TV they bought in the last year or two is now incompatible.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

What ever happened to just watching a movie? Now Ineed my player hooked up to the internet and to control my toaster in the other room? HT and computers are getting too close for comfort imho. While the techno wiz's may love all this, I am tired of buying new crap for almost no advantage. With the economy the way it is, the industry needs to just establish a standard already and stick with that. I am sticking with 5.1. My prepro only has DVI and I can just adapt the plug to HDMI if need be, hooked directly to the TV. Done.
    Venom
    Let me tell you something about life, around every corner monsters await. I know, I am one.

If I owned hell and this place, I would rent this place out and live in hell.

Mains: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
    Preamp: Modwright SWL9.0SE
    Amps: Butler TBD2250, PS Audio Trio
    PrePro: Cary Cinema 6, Outlaw 990
    DAC: Benchmark DAC1
    Universal Player: Denon 2900
    Cables: StraightWire Encore II, Kimber Hero, Audioquest Type 4, CV-8, Columbia DBS
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PF60

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Why i dont plan upgrades around new technology. I'm always a few steps behind, that way i get cheap gear from the "Gotta Have" new stuff people. :D:D:D

Pauly
    Life without music would

Member Sales Rating: (1)

As others have said, I think it will be a while before manufactures incorporate this technology in the current economy. When they do, it will probably be "marketing" that makes or breaks it. I think most people that are into AV will be content to ride out 1.3 as long as possible. But if enough of the consumer novices can be convinced that they have to have it, it will survive and probably become the "standard" till the next thing comes along.

I just recently moved from ProLogic to 7.1 and do not see BlueRay in too soon in my future. But then again I never converted my phone from rotary to pulse either

AMEN Tom! This is precisely the reason I have no interest in anything to do with HDMI. So long as I can hookup red to red, white to white & yellow to yellow & get great sound & good looking video I'm happy.

You know they already have HDMI 1.5 ready to go, you'll hear about it in a year or 2 & it won't be compatible with anything either!

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Crap like this is why I love IC's.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Duplicate post.
    Last edited by cfrizz; 06-11-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: because the web burped!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by venomclan View Post
    What ever happened to just watching a movie? Now Ineed my player hooked up to the internet and to control my toaster in the other room? HT and computers are getting too close for comfort imho.
    Venom
    I agree. I don't have any need for "web content" available with Bluray. Heck, other than deleted scenes, I don't watch anything on the disk other than the feature. And why do we need a special HDMI that also does ethernet? My PS3 streams DVDs just fine from my home server's harddrives.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I'm staying with my cheapo MonoPrice 1.3 HDMI's and analog for audio. It's not broke, so no need to fix it. I could care less about ethernet, automotive applications or anything else. I just want to watch a movie while I kick in my recliner. SD DVD w/up-conversion works good enough for me. Instead of spending money on every freaking upgrade that comes along, I spend it towards much cheaper used DVD's, SACD's and vinyl. I'm very content with what I have.

It's all about the $$$. F em'

Member Sales Rating: (23)

This is why speakers are my favorite part of an audio rig... They NEVER get obselete. :)

They can pull my component cables from my cold, dead hands!! F*(k those a-holes!!!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by dane_peterson View Post
    This is why speakers are my favorite part of an audio rig... They NEVER get obselete. :)
    They just wear out, and slowly degrade. Of course the change is so gradual you do not realize it until you get a new pair of speakers and go, "Wow, these really sound good!!!" ;)

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    They just wear out, and slowly degrade. Of course the change is so gradual you do not realize it until you get a new pair of speakers and go, "Wow, these really sound good!!!" ;)
    it is more likely that your ears degrade faster than your speakers ever will, so long as you bought well in the first place.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

hdmi 1.3, hdmi 1.4.........all crap.......i am all set with my hdmi 1.2, and my "deep color" support is just great :)

Member Sales Rating: (3)

1.3 spec is good enough for me. I won't consider this until they actually start making 4000p televisions. Right now, 1.3 can support 2560x1600 no problem.

Whoever thinks 1.4 coming out makes 1.3 obsolete is dumb.

This is the same exact problem that happened with SATA 1.5 Gbps and 3.0 Gbps; everyone bitched about SATA150 drives and recommended upgrading to SATA300. There's no way to saturate a 150 connection, just like there is no REASONABLE way to saturate a 1.3 connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Intoxia Surroundus!! The opposite of anorexia for audiophiles.

Thread Information