Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Default 12Volt Trigger cables

My AVR(Denon 2808CI) has 12v trigger connectors as well as the outlet I am considering.

What kind of connectors/cables to you connect the AVR and outlet?

http://www.diguniverse.com/HOME-THEA...EO/DHACT1.html

TIA
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Without knowing what you want to hook up. The 12v trigger uses a 3.5mm mono plug similar to a headphone plug, which is generally the same for all components. I use a similar cable to switch my power amp on automatically with my AVR.

The switched outlet uses an elongated hex type plug from avr to an iec to another component. I use my switched outlet for my tuner.
    In terms of audio, i truly feel sorry for the visually impaired. How can they know what they like if they cant read google?

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=86838

A friend has no 12v trigger on his avr so had to use a dc convertor. It has the type of plug a switched outlet has, see in pic the plug middle right.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=T945-P6P-ND
    In terms of audio, i truly feel sorry for the visually impaired. How can they know what they like if they cant read google?

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=86838

Member Sales Rating: (8)

There are 2 types, mono and stereo. My gear requires 3.5 stereo wires for all the functions to work correctly. I had an oddball mono cable in my wire box and used in when setting up my gear. It took me 2 days to figure out what wire was causing the issue!

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I'm using standard 3.5mm stereo cables from my Yamaha AVR trigger to a Monster HTS5100 trigger then from that to an Emotiva 12v trigger, and all is well.
    According to the equiptment specs I can use either a Mono cable or the easier to find stereo cable.
    Jimmy

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    There are 2 types, mono and stereo. My gear requires 3.5 stereo wires for all the functions to work correctly. I had an oddball mono cable in my wire box and used in when setting up my gear. It took me 2 days to figure out what wire was causing the issue!

Gordon
    I always thought that it only requires 3.5 mono to trigger. Isn't it just to trigger the relay in AMP with ON or OFF position? Interesting that yours require mini stereo. What power AMP do you have? (just curious)...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Thanks All.

Where can you buy or build such cables?
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Quote Originally Posted by thsmith View Post
    Thanks All.

Where can you buy or build such cables?
    I suspect you can, but unless you need some super long cable you can get them for about $2 at radio shack

Thanks, I may need one at least 10-12'. I will check with the shack

This is probably a stupid question, but my Denon 2808CI has 2 mini audio plug ports for the trigger out, and my Parasound AMP has 4 raw wire screw blocks for its trigger in. Does this mean my Parasound can be started remotely by 2 different devices? I have never cut open the mini audio cable, but I would guess it has 2 wires inside. If so, how do i know which wires go to which terminal on the amp (or does it not matter)? I don't want to accidently fry my Parasound if I can help it.

Looking at its manual does not explain the break down. Denon's website and manual also does not go into any detail.

Thanks

Lonwa
    “Sometimes good command decisions get compromised by bad emotional responses."

Pioneer Elite PRO-1120HD
    Denon AVR-2808CI
    Parasound HCA-1205A
    Panasonic DMP-BD30
    DirecTV H20
    Belkin PURE AV
    Polk RTi38
    Polk CSi40
    Polk TC615i
    Polk TC60i
    PSW450

Member Sales Rating: (4)

You won't fry the parasound- it's optically coupled.

Anyhow, IIRC only the middle two screws are used; the right one is ground and the left one is +12v (but anything close to 12v will work). On the minicable the braid goes to the ground. If there's no braid, then get a volt meter and see which one is hot.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by polkatese View Post
    I always thought that it only requires 3.5 mono to trigger. Isn't it just to trigger the relay in AMP with ON or OFF position? Interesting that yours require mini stereo. What power AMP do you have? (just curious)...
    The how and why my gear requires a stereo wire to trigger is beyond my electrical knowledge :o. I do know that in my system data flows over the "trigger" wires from the controller>Transport>DAC>preamp. Not audio signals but control signals i.e. change tracks. I had the mono cable between my controller and transport and could get nothing to work correctly.

My amps are a pair of McIntosh 501's and they are daisy chained with stereo 3.5 cords also.

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    The how and why my gear requires a stereo wire to trigger is beyond my electrical knowledge :o. I do know that in my system data flows over the "trigger" wires from the controller>Transport>DAC>preamp. Not audio signals but control signals i.e. change tracks. I had the mono cable between my controller and transport and could get nothing to work correctly.

My amps are a pair of McIntosh 501's and they are daisy chained with stereo 3.5 cords also.

Gordon
    i believe you are referring to the control port not the 12v trigger ports. control ports go by several names but basically send info that would normally be sent by remote control. like next track.
    Sony Playstation 3; Custom HTPC
    Polk Monitor 10B Front; 2xPolk CS350LS Center;
    Monitor 5B rears (RB0194-1 Upgrade);
    Velodyne VA1012XII sub

Thread Information