I am looking for your advice / opinions...
Basically, I am looking to see whether the (higher-end) tube amplifier market is currently / already saturated.
I see some amps going for ridiculously high prices (my opinion). We (me and my dad, who has been designing military and aerospace electronics for 40+ years) can design a high-end tube amp. Say, the power stage would be based on Russian GU-50, and 7199 or equivalent tube in the pre stage.
Would there be any interest in the community for such amps?
- Monoblocks? Stereo? Integrated? What type is preferred?
- What would you personally be looking for in the tube amp?
- What power range would you be looking for - 50W/ch, 100W/ch, 200W/ch or something beyond like 400W/ch (i.e. Carver Silver-7t equivalent)?
- What would be the acceptable price range (for you)?
- Where else can I look for more info (besides Googling)?
Thank you for your input!