Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Default Ouch! Someone's ticked at her ex-husband!

Wouldn't want to hire this guy's divorce lawyer...

eBay Auction: Ex-Wife Sells His Gear

Click on any of the items and read the description:

"Hello, ebay members:

I'm offering many electronic pieces that I acquire for my divorce settlement.

My ex-husband was an audiophile, so he spent a lot of our money collecting these machines.

I want to get them out of the house, so if there are any other audiophiles out there in ebay land, these are for you.

These machines cost us a lot of money, but now you can have them for next to nothing."

[ My Rigs ] Balanced Audio Technology | Revel | Dodd | Monarchy | PS Audio | MIT | Polk | Etc.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

"Next to nothing" my ass.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    "Next to nothing" my ass.
    +1

I'd rather spend a little more and buy from a reputable hi-fi store.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Clearly a piece of work. Would not want to be her ex - he is better off without her.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

You know why divorce lawyers are so damn expensive?

Cause they are worth it!!!!!!!!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by appadv View Post
    +1

I'd rather spend a little more and buy from a reputable hi-fi store.
    Ditto,besides the prices are way to HIGH.
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Member Sales Rating: (25)

She has been doing this for months under different names I wouldndt be so sure these pieces actually exist.

REGARDS SNOW

snow is right, there was as a similar thread at AK at the beginning of June and all the auctions were taken down.

ZERO Threshold of Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by dkmuch View Post
    snow is right, there was as a similar thread at AK at the beginning of June and all the auctions were taken down.
    or he divorced her because shes a scam artist
    Last edited by CaligulaPolk; 06-27-2009 at 12:00 AM.
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA

Member Sales Rating: (11)

This is why I'm not in a hurry to get married. I'm 22 now...maybe I'll get married when I'm 50 or so...lol
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Member Sales Rating: (6)

If it's a scam, it's a little odd, scammers usually have reasonable prices. At those prices I doubt there will be a single bid.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2 View Post
    If it's a scam, it's a little odd, scammers usually have reasonable prices. At those prices I doubt there will be a single bid.
    At least some of the pieces listed were sold then relisted again with the same pictures and story. If you feel comfortable bid dont take my word for it :D

REGARDS SNOW

Actually, the prices of these equipments she is offering is not HIGH considering the rarity involved. But the concern is that can she ship it safely?

As long as you can pay through PayPal, PayPal will hold the money in her account till you confirmed the receipt of the item or for two weeks. Anyway, use your credit cards if paying through PayPal.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by megasat16 View Post
    Actually, the prices of these equipments she is offering is not HIGH considering the rarity involved. But the concern is that can she ship it safely?

As long as you can pay through PayPal, PayPal will hold the money in her account till you confirmed the receipt of the item or for two weeks. Anyway, use your credit cards if paying through PayPal.
    There is a way around the PayPal hold and if this is a scam or scammer he/she will know what that loophole is.

REGARDS SNOW

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I wouldn't touch any of it.

LOL. I came across this a week or two ago when I was searching for Onkyo power amps... I too thought the prices were not even close to "next to nothing".
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    At least some of the pieces listed were sold then relisted again with the same pictures and story.
    Hmmm....Maybe I'll email her and ask her about this.

One of my buds went through a real nasty divorce recently. His ex literally cleaned his clock for damn near everything. She stole his dead mom's jewelry. Never gave it back after being ordered to do so. He did end up getting his condo, which she was living in and trashed while going through the settlement. She had a restraining order against him. It was insane what she did to that place. Things that would gross you out if I went into it. Ironically, he was the one being physically abused by her. That b*tch is the epitome of ancient evil.

cheap?? next to nothing?? are they kidding me.

avoid like the plaque. SCAM! OR She's on drugs. $400 starting bid for an Accuphase that's dead
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Quote Originally Posted by CaligulaPolk View Post
    or he divorced her because shes a scam artist
    Yeah. I don't think English is 'her' first language. Scam.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.

Looks like that auction that was on there LAST year? Same bs, but different equipt.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I love her answers when people ask her questions:

Q: Hi, can i run a quick test at your place before pick up? (plug it in and use small powered speakers to make sure it works). Thanks Jun-03-09

A: you can test it, if you win the auction and pay cash when you pick up

Q: How much is the additional charge for packaging this preamp? Jun-03-09
    A: $10

Q: Do you have any close up pictures of this preamp? Jun-01-09

A: those are close up pics, you should enlarge the pics

Q: What are you want to get out of this and close the auction early? Thanks, Tt Jun-01-09
    A: you can place a bid an hope to win
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

At least some of the pieces listed were sold then relisted again with the same pictures and story.

REGARDS SNOW
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Hmmm....Maybe I'll email her and ask her about this.

One of my buds went through a real nasty divorce recently. His ex literally cleaned his clock for damn near everything. She stole his dead mom's jewelry. Never gave it back after being ordered to do so. He did end up getting his condo, which she was living in and trashed while going through the settlement. She had a restraining order against him. It was insane what she did to that place. Things that would gross you out if I went into it. Ironically, he was the one being physically abused by her. That b*tch is the epitome of ancient evil.
    Here are a couple of auctions that ended and she/he recieved positive feedback for and or now relisted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220425614289

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...A1%7C294%3A200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220425632252

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONKYO-INTEGRA-TX...A1%7C294%3A200

This has been going on for months if not years under different names. I am not even certain that it is a she thats doing the scamming it may very well be a cover story is all.

The positive feed backs may well be from other scammers, people she/he knows or people that she/he hijacked there account and left herself positive feedback from who knows?

REGARDS SNOW

GV#27

I am not even certain that it is a she thats doing the scamming it may very well be a cover story is all.
    Thats my take on it.

Too late to edit but I posted one of the listed items twice. Here is the link to the other proper one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONKYO-INTEGRA-P3...A1%7C294%3A200

REGARDS SNOW

Sure sounds like a scam. Says she would prefer local so maybe the equipment is for real at the least a used dealer using the divorce story. The number of times these have appeared/reappeared though is pretty suspect. If someone was local it may be worth looking into, not sure how eBay covers winning a bid but declining after inspection if it does not match description.
    Definitely nothing I would deal with other than face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by apphd View Post
    Sure sounds like a scam. Says she would prefer local so maybe the equipment is for real at the least a used dealer using the divorce story. The number of times these have appeared/reappeared though is pretty suspect. If someone was local it may be worth looking into, not sure how eBay covers winning a bid but declining after inspection if it does not match description.
    Definitely nothing I would deal with other than face to face.
    I'm quessing the local pickup offering may be a front so he/she appears legit.
    Look at the links snow posted. This has 'scam' written all over it.

I'm quessing the local pickup offering may be a front so he/she appears legit.
    Look at the links snow posted. This has 'scam' written all over it.
    At least one person I know asked to come take a look and listen to the item they were interested in bidding on and was told that it wasnt Best Buy where they could check stuff out. I know Audiogon yanked this persons for sale ads real quick also. But if you can sure take a look I could be wrong.

I know that most people feel safe now that PayPal is putting holds on money sent for electronic sales over $100.00 for either 21 days or until positive feedback is received but there is a way around that, simply refund the buyer a portion of the funds sent and voila the funds are released. For example let's say he sends you $540.38 total for an item via paypal simply refund the buyer the 38 cents and the funds are instantly avialable.

REGARDS SNOW

At least one person I know asked to come take a look and listen to the item they were interested in bidding on and was told that it wasnt Best Buy where they could check stuff out.
    I would of told her to shove it up her abandoned pie hole.

I know that most people feel safe now that PayPal is putting holds on money sent for electronic sales over $100.00 for either 21 days or until positive feedback is received but there is a way around that, simply refund the buyer a portion of the funds sent and voila the funds are released. For example let's say he sends you $540.38 total for an item via paypal simply refund the buyer the 38 cents and the funds are instantly avialable.
    Nice to know snow. Misleading really because this gives people a false sense of security. What happens if someone sends funds for X amount on electronics and is scammed on the item by doing this? Can they still file a claim and be reimbursed?

If this is in place as a safeguard, then those funds should be locked until the buyer does what he/she needs to do.

I would of told her to shove it up her abandoned pie hole.

Nice to know snow. Misleading really because this gives people a false sense of security. What happens if someone sends funds for X amount on electronics and is scammed on the item by doing this? Can they still file a claim and be reimbursed?

If this is in place as a safeguard, then those funds should be locked until the buyer does what he/she needs to do.
    Your still elgibile for filing a claim for item not received and any other protections normally available, actually IMHO it is less of a safeguard than a pain in the ass, the only purpose it serves is to lessen the amount of claims filed,good for Ebay,but bad for the seller considering he is at the total mercy of the buyer in the hopes that he is truly happy in every way and somtimes even though the buyer is happy they dont leave you positive feedback and you are out the shipping costs and your funds for 21 days after you sent PayPal proof of delivery for the item sent. Meanwhile PayPal gets to draw interest on your funds being held for 21 days, it's a win win for them. And nothing really changes for the buyer protection wise because they are still only elgible for the protection methods mentioned above if it is a scam.

In this particular sellers case I believe that PayPal would send you $200.00 back max because of there limited feedback record. Your best bet is to use a credit card if you arent comfortable with the seller.

REGARDS SNOW
    Last edited by snow; 06-28-2009 at 01:13 AM.

Thread Information