Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    meestercleef

I've got some kind of Monster, has phone hookup as well as a/v. Not very expensive, less than $100 at Circuit C, has 8 outlets. I have heard, and this could be misguided anecdotal evidence, that Monster is more of a pain to get warranty coverage from than Panamax. I really don't know if mine does any good or not, but it does make things more convenient & maybe, just maybe, it will pay off if there's disaster.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California

Wink

Phuz, I am waiting.....;)

Dan, curious, why you need both AVS-2000 and HTPS-7000? I am looking at the 2000, but power sagging has not been an issue in my area, so I might just save the money for the 7000. What do you think?

AVS-2000
    Provides consistent 120V output when AC input fluctuates anywhere from 80-140V. Three easy-to-read digital meters for monitoring of incoming voltage, amperage draw, and voltage correction
    HTPS-7000
    For Hookup of Electronic Components to AC Power Providing Optimized Monster Clean Power™ and Protection for AC Power Lines Without Clean, Balanced Power, Your Home Theatre System Can’t Deliver Peak Performance The current that comes from your wall outlets is inherently imbalanced, causing high-frequency oscillations that get picked up by your sensitive home theater system in the form of performance-robbing hum, buzz, and static. And while filtering radio frequency (RF) and electromagnetic (EM) interference can remove much of the hum, buzz, and static from your system, only a power center with perfectly balanced power can fully remove interference for the best possible picture and sound from your home theatre system.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

polkatese,
    very easy question to answer.They both play different roles in power.One cleans it(to keep it simple) and one stabilizes it.They work as a team.
    check it out.I'm not going with signal cables power cords but I am going with Kimbers.They also make an outlet replacement as well.Now coupled with the Kimber Kables power cords and out,a dedacated 20amp circuit,the avs2000 and the HTPS7000,I believe I will have the cleanest power possible right to the back of my gear.
    To some this might seem extreme for power.But as you have found out,clean power makes a tonal difference.Just with the HTPS7000,everyone I know who uses it has raved about it's performance.I have installed 2 of them ,nothing to compare it to on the job on site,but I'll tell you this.....The system I put together sound the best I have ever heard it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Dan,
    that would be the end of cleaning up the power path? Let me know what you think of Kimber powercord. I am still working on the dedicated line. PS Audio power port is backordered, won't ship for another week, at the earliest (which I just found out today after calling them)...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Dan, wow, Kimbers all around eh. ;)

I think you start a Kimber fan club. I'll be the first member.

Derick.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

No removable power cord on my Panamax 5100.

Polkatese, remember this (this was a big deal to me)

Monster: 5 year connected equipment guarantee

Panamax: Lifetime connected equipment guarantee

Yo, Phuz, thanks for checking this for me, bummer that none of these units (or seems like it) have detachable cord.
    curious why you want the Pana with a snake reading light :-)

Do you hooked up your Rotel amp to the Pana? what do you think of this guy's comments regarding one of the Monster HTS:
    (from HiRez forum)

I have a HTS-2500 for my video room. For fun I went and borrowed it to my audio room thinking well maybe.. Well in my experiement it really degraded the sound. I had my Power Amp directly into the wall. The preamp, CD Player, and Turntable were plugged into the HTS2500. Background noise was reduced but I lost sound stage depth, decay time, and the highs got harsh. One by one I removed each component from the HTS2500 and plugged it back directly into the wall. Each component sounded better direct into the wall. Anyone else have this experience?
    Tom
    On warranty, Monsters' only apply to original buyer, so buying them used might defeat one of the benefit, it doesn't say anything about buying it from non-authorized...Pana definitely will not cover the warranty if bought from non-authorized.

I dunno what to say about "Tom's" experience. It could be very possible if he's got a deticated circuit or some solid power in his home that he heard an improvement from the wall. I've also heard that "some" brands/models of this type of gear degrade sound quality, but that is perceptual and always relative to the listener.

Thats not the case for me. If I had a house to play with then I would do a simmilar comparison, but I'm stuck in an apartment with $h1tty power, so my power unit was an improvement.

I have *everything* in my setup hooked up to my Max 5100. Amp, TV, DVD, CD, PS2, receiver, even my cable coax is going through it. There is nothing that goes into that system from the wall that doesn't go through my max 5100 first.

My reason for researching and getting one was because my amp would fizzle and the sound level would "dip" down when playing demanding tracks/movies, or when I would turn on a halogen lamp, or when my neighbor would turn on their garbage disposal or washing machine (etc). The max 5100 cleared it right up, any other (negative or posative) aspects to me, were inaudible.

The picture from my regular cable TV is better. I can't say much else because I'm not running a phone line or other video sources through it. Overall it was worth my $280+tax. :)

Oh yeah, the Pana with the reading light is one of their top end units. I could really care less about the reading light. Although when in a rack it can come in quite handy when switching DVD and other media/sources in the dark. ;)
    Last edited by phuz; 03-11-2003 at 11:00 PM.

Oh yeah, another reason i got one was to protect my investment. We have some hellacious storms here in Texas, and I've seen and heard of way too many peoples houses and gear getting fried from lightning/static/electrical issues.

And another thing. I don't believe Tom. Maybe he can hear all that stuff, but I really don't see how a power unit can make highs sound harsh. I think he's full of sh.......

Just my opinion. Is there an EE in the house who can shed some light here? :)

Phuz,
    found the Pana with detach power cord: MX 5510, picture attach, msrp $999...ouch!
    Attached Images  

NICE! Thanks! I bet the model under that has it as well.

Also, FORGET MSRP! I'll bet you $20 that you can get it for $799 at an authorized dealer, and maybe even $699. (20-30% off of MSRP is what I usually aim for)

You've gotta love those analog meters.

yeah, this is the one with the snake light and a built-in dimmer for the light.

now I am jazzed up....time to canvas the net for Authorized store with the RIGHT price....

Contact Panamax or look on their site. Unless you live in BFE, there is probably a dealer in your city that you can work with. Let me know how it goes.

will do, bud...thanks

FYI the 5510 MSRP is $1299, the 5500 is $999, and the 5300 is $499. I bet the 5300 has a detachable cord.

The 5300 does, I just found the pic on crutchfield.com - they're asking $469. I bet you can get it for $400 or maybe even less from a local authorzed dealer.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...300&display=XL

Free shipping at crutchfield!
    Last edited by phuz; 03-11-2003 at 11:48 PM.

Oh yeah, just to really mix things up. I've heard nothing but good things about this stuff. (if it's in your budget)

http://www.richardgrayspowercompany.com/

If I was looking for a voltage stabilizer, I would be looking at the Exact Power EP15A unit. Not only does this regulate the voltage, it also corrects the waveform. Combine this with their SP15A balanced power unit to get 15A of regulated, corrected and balanced power for your system. Power does not get any better than this. Check Audiogon.com.

The monster AVS-2000 unit only regulates the power. The HTPS-7000 has two small 2.5A transformers for balanced power output for source components only. The remaining power output is only filtered.

Tried the Richard Gray Power Company 400s unit mentioned above. I did not find that it produced any additional benefits in my system. You would have to try this in your system to see if it provides any benefits.
    Last edited by jmierzur; 03-12-2003 at 12:34 AM.

polkatese,
    from what I have read and heard,Kimberkable makes the best overall improvements heard in a given system.
    I have been running the Hero's in my system,and the more they play,the more I listen,the more I like em.
    O yes I feel that my new setup for power should provide the cleanest power possible,in my budget anyway.

dcarlson,
    waaaaaaaaaaa.Thats funny man.Start a Kimberkable fan club.
    As all things audio and video,after certain experience with given products,a fan club is followed in a more personal way I believe.Sharing it with others grows the fan club.Other enjoying the same quality and experience,over being a memeber of the fan club,is where it's at..........
    I do support good products when I come across them.Kimberkable has earned my personal respect.Seems they did yours as well.
    Dan

Missed that one.......but caught it now,
    polkatese,
    removeable power cords......are you looking for a power center with one due to the fact.......so you can replace it????WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA dude you to funny.

The mind set after ones juiced or found a little piece of heaven.I so love it.
    But ok I just got one other question for yeah.......Is it also a convience thing?O yeah I remember you have a custom cabnet that the powercord needs to be able to fit threw......yep I remember you talking about that........sorry.But Hell if you can get a better powercord then the powercenter comes with........what the hell right?????waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Dan

Phuz,
    thanks bud! you're right, that price is actually street. I also heard about Richard Grey power, will have to poke around to know more

jmierzur, thanks for the information. Where can I find pricing info on Exact Power?

Dan,
    yep, have that small opening problem with the wall unit, but you are right, I can replace it with the marinco and hubble SignalCable version....why not?

polkatese

Try audiogon for retailers. Several months ago, they had specials on the pair.

I would love to add the EP15A to my BP-2.5. This is in the five year plan for now.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but there is a thing about the Richard Gray Power Company airing on HDNet during their CES report.

Sartori

Hello

Thought I would follow up on this since this is such a hot topic right now. I got my hts3600 yesterday and got it all hooked up this afternoon. I immediately noticed an improvement in the video from the satellite box(Sony Sat A-65). I really didn't think the video could be improved upon from what it was but its even more "crisper" now. I really like the voltage meter as I'm always wondering what its running at. This afternoon it was around 120-121 and as the evening came on it started dropping some, down too 119 right now. I haven't had a chance to run a dvd yet but will follow up with that too if I notice any improvement. Sometime this spring my electrician is going to come out and we're going too add a dedicated 20 amp circiut for the home theater and a dedicated 20 amp circiut for the computer room. You wouldn't beleive what they have running on one 15 amp circiut. (Half of the living room, which includes the home theater, All the lights and plugs in my wifes craft room, all the lights and plugs in the computer room, and all the lights, fan, and plugs in the second bath room. You do the math.........

Sartori,
    seems like you already benefitted from having the 3600, great testament! I am waiting for the work on the outlet, and then I am thinking of the Panamax 5300 (silly reason, the power cord is detachable, unlike all of the monster power). Mind if I ask where you get yours?

I also find out about the logic behind the convenience outlet grouping with the contractor who build my house. His respond was, since there is no state code on how they need to do it, the daisy chain configuration is up to the foreman of the day. Consequently, there is no logic, rhyme nor reasons on how they group them. My living room outlets share the fuse with my master bedroom upstairs, bedroom downstair, lights....great to know that it could vary from foreman to foreman in how they group them...

Sartori

Hello

I got it off of ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14968

I paid for it via PayPal and the guy shipped it the same day, very good seller. Double boxed the shipment also. Hes got alot of auctions running so if you guys are looking for something I highly recommend him.

We have a Monster HTPS7000 on our system & had a AVS2000 voltage stabalizer. The HTPS is a voltage conditioner & surge protector that provides clean power, & each pair of outlets has its own filter & is isolated from the other outlets. This made a improvement in our picture & sound quality. Once we had the 7000 we noticed that our voltage on any given day is between 108 - 126 volts. I noticed when the voltage was below 112 the picture looked slightly soft & not as sharp, the sound wasnt as clean. But when we have good voltage 119 - 121 the pic & sound is noticible better. We purchased a AVS 2000 & pic & sound was great all the time. We are upgrading to the HTPS 7000 Sig Ser. & the AVS 2000 SIG SER. I just sold our AVS 2000 & I was playing a cd & it sounded funny. I thaught someone changed the speaker settings but nothing was changed, the voltage was just low. Funny how you notice how good somthing was once it is gone. Im selling the HTPS7000 but will wait until we get out new 2000ss & 7000ss. Im sold on the fact that if your power is not stable & not clean nothing in your system will work at 100%! Another plus is the euipment gurantee, you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on equipment why not protect your investment, get the best sound & pic, & get the longest life possible! pic of our system http://www.ezconnection.org/ezcsystem.htm anyone looking to buy a AVS 2000 got one for sale NEW! & am selling our HTPS 7000 as soon as our new equip. comes in, probably in the next couple of days.

What do they add in the Signature Series models?

Thread Information