Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Monitor 10A crossover for center channel project

On the lookout for a Model 10 crossover. I am going to build a mock CS400 with a RDO 194 tweeter and two MW6501 drivers. I can create an enclosure that is up to 9"H x 20"W x 19"D. If I need more room I can go 15" on the height. Won't have the bass of my 10A's but I am hoping to end up with a better tonal balance than I am getting now with the CS400i which of course has the Trilam tweeters. Any idea's on volume or porting will be greatly appreciated. I use WinISD to build sub-woofer boxes and it has always maximized each driver I have ever built a box for. It will be hard to do with out some basic driver data I can't seem to find. Qts. Vas. Fs. dia. etc...

If I can't get some help with the driver data I may just have to use the 5JR I own. It fits perfectly in the center channel opening in my entertainment center. Question is, is the RDO 194 the correct replacement tweeter?

Member Sales Rating: (41)

I have two RTA 8 crossovers that'll work great for your center channel project. You would also be able to use the RDO- 194 with this crossover. What front speakers are u using.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

hold off on that one Slack... PM sent...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

I cannot send you a pm...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

check this thread out...

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84292

I am doing the same type of project now, with the same drivers. I will give you all my data as soon as It is completed next week.

John

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I am using late 70's, early 80's Monitor 10A's. Send me a PM???

Thread Information