Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (15)

Default Onkyo M-5150 manual?

I've been trying to dig up the manual for this thing, with no luck. I'm usually able to pull whatever i want from Retrevo.

What i'm trying to find out is if i can run speaker set A and B at the same time. More for idle curiousity than anything.

Also would like to know if i can switch on the fly while playing a recording between set A and B without turning off the amp, with no damage to the unit. Trying to see if i've been delusional thinking that the Esprits sound better than the Titans.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Good luck! THat's an old amp (from the late 80's).

Yep. I think vintage is 1988.

I was able to find the manual to my Adcom GFA-5200 and GTP-400 without any issues, though.

I think the problem is that the M5150 isn't all that common. I'm fairly sure i can find the manual for the M5160, but i'm unsure if they share all the same basic characteristics.

I LOVE this amp, though. It's warm, full, and cranks more power than i think i'll ever need.

Plus, that solid red line across it when powered up is just ballin' out of control!!! :D :p
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
    Yep. I think vintage is 1988.

I was able to find the manual to my Adcom GFA-5200 and GTP-400 without any issues, though.

I think the problem is that the M5150 isn't all that common. I'm fairly sure i can find the manual for the M5160, but i'm unsure if they share all the same basic characteristics.

I LOVE this amp, though. It's warm, full, and cranks more power than i think i'll ever need.

Plus, that solid red line across it when powered up is just ballin' out of control!!! :D :p
    One possiblity would be to contact Onkyo directly.They may be able to tell you, and send you the manual.

Hate to bump this from the dead....

But can anyone tell me if these amps are bridgeable? I imagine it should be the same throughout the M-5xxx line. Trying to decide if i should ditch this thing and step up to a monster amp, or just grab another for the dirt cheap prices they seem to be going for. I REALLY like the way it sounds.

Member Sales Rating: (28)

I have a fair amount of experience with 80's Onkyo stuff. I really doubt its bridgeable. If it was, you would see a switch on the back and the inputs/outputs would be labeled to show the feature.
    That just wasn't a feature that many amps had back then.

To answer your original question, they should be able to run both sets at the same time, although, I'd start at low volume and see if the amp can handle it, then slowly go up. Shouldn't be a problem switching on the fly either. These were mainstream consumer amps. They were/are dummy proof.

Quote Originally Posted by billbillw View Post
    I have a fair amount of experience with 80's Onkyo stuff. I really doubt its bridgeable. If it was, you would see a switch on the back and the inputs/outputs would be labeled to show the feature.
    That just wasn't a feature that many amps had back then.

To answer your original question, they should be able to run both sets at the same time, although, I'd start at low volume and see if the amp can handle it, then slowly go up. Shouldn't be a problem switching on the fly either. These were mainstream consumer amps. They were/are dummy proof.
    Hrmmm.... so there's really no great way to run two of these for one pair of speakers then, is there.... :(

Thread Information