Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Default Pioneer KRP-500m owners

Just wanted to know how the Pioneer KRP-500 monitor compares to the other Pioneer Plasmas. I know they don't conme with a turner, tv stand and speakers but how is the Picture quality. They're very well priced and I was thinking about getting one.

Any thoughts

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Pioneer's KRP-500M is the world's best HD display. Pioneer designed this panel as the European Elite Signature Series high-end panel and in October '08 began manufacturing it in their Pomona, CA USA facility for commercial sales. In March '09 Pioneer opened up the distribution to Pioneer authorized CEDIA members and other authorized high-end consumer a/v custom integrators dealers.

This panel has most of the Elite features, like the Elite color filtering, non-glare coating, "Pure" mode for pairing with Blu-ray and thin low profile depth, like the PRO-101FD and PRO-141FD.

The little known secret about this outstanding panel is that Pioneer built 5,000 KRP-500Ms in the USA all with their 10g glass.

The only thing better than this great panel is the very low price they are selling for.

Enjoy!

-Robert
    ValueElectronics Polk Audio authorized dealer

Why is it only selling for $1700? Is the black levels as good as the elite kuro's?

The KRP-500M is a Kuro and the black level is actually better than any other Kuro as Pioneer built the KRP-500Ms with the next generation of glass.

Here's a link to a sale for $1699 with free shipping. http://www.valueelectronics.com/krp5...omo%20page.htm

-Robert

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Abe's of Maine had a good price on one for awhile also...

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
    Pioneer's KRP-500M is the world's best HD display. Pioneer designed this panel as the European Elite Signature Series high-end panel and in October '08 began manufacturing it in their Pomona, CA USA facility for commercial sales. In March '09 Pioneer opened up the distribution to Pioneer authorized CEDIA members and other authorized high-end consumer a/v custom integrators dealers.

This panel has most of the Elite features, like the Elite color filtering, non-glare coating, "Pure" mode for pairing with Blu-ray and thin low profile depth, like the PRO-101FD and PRO-141FD.

The little known secret about this outstanding panel is that Pioneer built 5,000 KRP-500Ms in the USA all with their 10g glass.

The only thing better than this great panel is the very low price they are selling for.

Enjoy!

-Robert
    Reported. Thanks for the help to the o/p, but soliciting sales with the link in your signature is not...
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 09-28-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Reported. Thanks for the help to the o/p, but soliciting sales with the link in your signature is not...

He's all good. He's just trying to help me out with much needed info. So put the guns away.

Thanks a lot Rob.

nooshinjohn, sorry I meant no harm. We are very proud Polk Audio authorized dealers and big fans of Polk products.

I'm a technical geek and all of my future posts will be to support this forum and Polk products.

Enjoy!

-Robert

I enjoy my Pioneer KRP-500M. I've done many hours of comparison shopping and that lead me to that choice. The natural color reproduction never gets tiring to watch.
    Occasionally I've needed to go into the menu and brighten up some dark scenes, but that is what the menu is for.
    I've tried several tuners with it and find that the Centronics ZAT-502 tuner works well with it as does the one built into the Toshiba DVR670KU for OTA TV.

Main HT/2 ch:
    Pioneer SC-07, BDP-05FD, Emotiva XPA-5 x 2, XPA-1 x 2,
    Polk Audio LSi25, RTi12 x 2, LSi15 x 4, LSiC x 2, PSW1000 x 4,

MB HT/ 2 ch:
    LG 47LM5800, Pioneer SC-1523, BDP-23FD, Sony BDP-S790, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5,
    Polk Audio LSi25,15, CSi5, LSiFX, PSW505 x 4

Listening Room 2 ch:
    McIntosh MC162, MC202, C15, C41, C42, MA6500, MA6900, MCD201
    Emotiva RSP-2, RPA-1, ERC-2
    Adcom GCD 750, GFP 750, GFA 5802
    Polk Audio LSi7,9, 15

Got about 50 hours or so on breakin and all I can say is wow. Stunning picture.

Thread Information