Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    natascore

Angry sub just quit working?

I always thought that when speakers blow they crakle and sound bad.all was well and sub was working fine, 15 min later i get back in the car and no boom,do subs just quit working when they blow?I wasn't giving it to much power so i don't think its blown.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Blown fuse?

Member Sales Rating: (0)

is the little red (or green or blue or whatever) power light on the amp "on" or "off" ??
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag

fuse is good and light is on. i had a friend bring a cheap woofer over and it worked,so i guess my polk is blown, althoe its rated at 400watt speaker and i only had a 300watt alpine pushing it and i never let it distort,hopefully polk will make good with the warranty

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Um, a blown speaker doesn't just quit working unless you tore off a voice coil lead. I doubt that happened. Are you sure that a speaker lead from the terminal cup to the speaker didn't just vibrate off? I'd go and take a look at the Polk again. Hook it up again, I think you might be surprised.

yes i checked all connections and hooked it up several times! no go.so i figure i just got a bad speaker and i went and bought another one and got a 2 for 1 deal, i'll be real disappointed if polk doesn't honor there warranty

Thread Information