Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ZERO Threshold of Hearing
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question Tampa Polkies gathering

am not in tampa yet or a polkie but ill be a polkie end of summer.

figured polkies in tampa would want to gather and have fun. ill live in tampa on july 1st...

for polkies interested , suggest event and we all work it out
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA

no floridan interested??
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA

**** it, im getting keg for polkies over summer!! Anyone wanna cold beer, help yourself :D

maybe demoing my upcoming new SVS subwoofer!!! :D :D :D

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Keg! Well why didn't you say so!
    Count me in! Say a day and time....

Member Sales Rating: (4)

lightman - you're in florida?

CaligulaPolk - Are you still in PA for my gathering in June? I forget if your coming or not.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Quote Originally Posted by nadams View Post
    lightman - you're in florida?

CaligulaPolk - Are you still in PA for my gathering in June? I forget if your coming or not.
    Nope. I'm in NC. But some of the polkfolks here can vouch for my ability to drive damn near anywhere. Lightman Express...
    If you still have an opening for the PA gathering..let me know.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Im game.
    Life without music would

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Im game.
    Great!!! What do you have to suggest for the event, im all eyes (ears not in my case ! :D)

Quote Originally Posted by CaligulaPolk View Post
    Great!!! What do you have to suggest for the event, im all eyes (ears not in my case ! :D)

Gear, Music and Booze. Dont have any fancy seperates anymore. Might Be a possibilty i could haul my 11T's and get my old M 7's from my buddy to Demo. Will see who else wants to attend and other suggestions that can be panned out beforehand. Ive got plenty of music i could bring as well. So who else is game?

Pauly
    Life without music would

is there anybody else living Tampa or nearby such as orlando or wherever closer?

Roy "engtaz" is in Tampa. Maybe he will want to join some festivities. Maybe he hasnt seen this thread yet.
    Life without music would

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I'm under Canada, but I have a friend on this site whose in Tallahassee, not that close...but perhaps he'd be interested!

Hey Caligula..

How do you get from just outside of Phillie to Tampa! Job change? I wouldn't have thought that there was a big boom in new jobs in Florida?? Were you in Pa. long? Just wondering, I grew up a little over an hour north of Phillie.

cnh

6-7 hours from Tally. Not too bad if we had alot of interest and was worth the drive, i can offer my couch up for a night.
    Life without music would

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    I'm under Canada, but I have a friend on this site whose in Tallahassee, not that close...but perhaps he'd be interested!

Hey Caligula..

How do you get from just outside of Phillie to Tampa! Job change? I wouldn't have thought that there was a big boom in new jobs in Florida?? Were you in Pa. long? Just wondering, I grew up a little over an hour north of Phillie.

cnh
    Yea Job transfer, I live here in philly area for about 3 years now. MY wife grew up here in Warminster and itd be her first move out of town. Ive moved around a lot so another experience for me. Got family living there in Tampa so its another reason of move.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

sound like a great idea.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Engtaz, have u met pauly yet? Pauly, have you met engtaz yet? :D

Engtaz, have u met pauly yet? Pauly, have you met engtaz yet? :D

Yeah he came by my house few months back and picked up some records and did a mini demo of my RTA 11T's chatted about gear etc... Stand Up guy

Pauly
    Life without music would

wheres the place i could get good keg prices at? :D

wheres the place i could get good keg prices at? :D
    Take your pick. Can get a keg on just about every corner. Total Wine has the good imports :)

Pauly
    Life without music would

Ya. I'll keep an eye on this thread as I live 10 mins. from downtown Tampa. I hope you pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by potee View Post
    Ya. I'll keep an eye on this thread as I live 10 mins. from downtown Tampa. I hope you pull this off.
    Know right where you are in Mango. Welcome to CP

Pauly
    Life without music would

Yes, Great guy.
    engtaz

Everything still good for this one, Jeff? Making some summertime travel plans.
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by lightman1 View Post
    Everything still good for this one, Jeff? Making some summertime travel plans.
    Russ
    Im still in..... Lets let him get moved down and get setup and will go from there

Pauly
    Life without music would

Yes I am still in process looking for a house. I am still waiting for the house i wanted but i found few other houses i liked too. Give me few more days to confirm.

I would say the event might be in late Aug or sometime in Sept. However, i can meet you guys at some resturant, have some cold drinks and discuss plans we would like for the event. I like to discuss and prepare ahead.

Yes I am still in process looking for a house. I am still waiting for the house i wanted but i found few other houses i liked too. Give me few more days to confirm.

I would say the event might be in late Aug or sometime in Sept. However, i can meet you guys at some resturant, have some cold drinks and discuss plans we would like for the event. I like to discuss and prepare ahead.
    Sounds like a weiner

Let us know when you get setteled.

Pauly
    Life without music would

What area are the houses you are looking at.
    engtaz

bumparoonie

Member Sales Rating: (6)

If timing works out on my end, I'm interested in seeing you guys. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Follow up on being host :D

I am moving out of PA this upcoming weekend and will move in new house on 1st of July. I am trying to plan this event asap after everything settled down with move and stuff i needed to finish.

Any ideas, any of you who want to come, do you have any equipment you willing to bring and demo for polkies? Do you have kids?? kids may be welcomed, gotta discuss with wife but i am sure she would want kids enjoy meeting others since we got playground in the backyard. Do you want to bring your wife / girlfriend?? Please share ideas here so we can figure it out.

I am planning to buy outdoor speakers after i buy my HT speakers for the gathering. So we all can enjoy some music while eat and play few games outdoor. I am looking at atriums series

please recommend and why...

Atrium 65SDI
    Atrium 60
    Atrium 55
    Atrium 50
    Atrium 45
    Atrium Sat30 / Sub10

Thread Information