Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post

Oh geez thats right Mike you live there, Hell you could become my new best friend :D

REGARDS SNOW
    http://www.royalkonacoffee.com/

http://www.shop.sweetokolecoffeecomp...FRxNagodYFHeJg

http://nisbet.net/mivastore/merchant...ategory_Code=C

The Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Lion Coffee is da bomb. :D
    Here's a link to Lion Coffee. I'll do a Christmas karma for this later on. ;)

http://www.lioncoffee.com/

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Nothing like 100% Kona coffee.
    DING! Best cup I ever had was on Oahu in what passes for a diner in Hawaii. Right on the main stretch in to Waikiki, just before you'd have to make a right to get to the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Had a beautiful Hawaiian waitress who was nice as pie and easy on the eyes with never ending pots of the stuff! We sat there for 3 hours just talking about nothing and killing pot after pot of that 100% Kona dark roast. It was a bit more expensive than the regular Columbian swill but there is just nothing like it. No African, Central American, Asian or South American style comes anywhere close to the mellow and smooth flavor. It's heaven in a cup!

Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    I believe the quality of the water makes a huge difference in taste also, if you are going to spend $10.00 or up past $100.00 for a pound of coffe why use tap water? It would be like putting ketchup on your Kobe steak IMHO.

Oh geez thats right Mike you live there, Hell you could become my new best friend :D

REGARDS SNOW
    You don't need Mike, you can get your own. It's pretty expensive, about $30 a pound but that's 1/4th what places like Starbucks charge for their awful "blends". Comes right from the farms and roasters too. I highly recommend getting whole beans and grinding yourself.

http://www.konacoffee.com/

If you want the strongest cup of coffee you've ever had in your life, pick up their peaberry in a dark roast.

As far as my favorite, Kona, hands down. But nothing beats coffee in a Jersey Diner. Most people from out of state think it's "awful" but it's brewed hot and fresh 24/7 and you can get yourself some eggs and bacon to go along with it any time of day. It's no worse than the Folgers or Maxwell House or any other of the major American brands and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    http://www.royalkonacoffee.com/

http://www.shop.sweetokolecoffeecomp...FRxNagodYFHeJg

http://nisbet.net/mivastore/merchant...ategory_Code=C

The Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Lion Coffee is da bomb. :D
    Here's a link to Lion Coffee. I'll do a Christmas karma for this later on. ;)

http://www.lioncoffee.com/
    Dang, beat me to it.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Gevalia is pretty impressive coffee. I used to belong to the club and I may start again. I use whole bean and grind my own for my Bodum French Press coffee maker. Great, fresh beans and the French Press syle equals great coffee everytime.
    gevalia is what i drink too, the columbian and trad. styles:)

Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Dang, beat me to it.
    Still a little life left in this old man. Must be all the Kona coffee I drink. :o :p

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Quote Originally Posted by BeRad View Post
    Any coffee from Cuba is amazing.
    I would agree, we had fantastic coffee when we were there. I'd also have to say the coffee in Costa Rica was also amazing.

Worst coffee Tim Horton's!!
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I like Community Coffee when I can get my hands on it.
    Of course, I also like a chickory blend every once in awhile with a couple warm beignets with powdered sugar. Reminds me of home.

My daily cup is just Folgers in a French press...

? Harmon Kardon AVR 55 (dead; replacing with Onkyo TX NR-616)
    ? Polk RTA 11TL's (FR and FL)
    ? Polk TSi200's (RR and RL)
    ? Polk CS10 (Center)
    ? Polk PSW-350
    ? Grado SR-60i Headphones
    ? Fii0 E5 headphone amp
    ? iPod touch (8 gig)
    ? iPod Classic (80 gig)
    ? Mac Mini (as media server)
    ? xbox 360

My vote is also for Kona...and my first experience with it was on the Big island. Ordered a cup for breakfast and wanted to stay there all morning! I've tried it at home but just doesn't taste as good without an attractive island girl serving it to me!

The cup I had this morning.....(rough night)!!!

I also really, really liked the coffee at the resort I was at in Cancun on my honeymoon. I'm quite sure it was a Mexican roast of some sort..............some of the best coffee I've had. I did buy some Mexican coffee at Trader Joe's, but it wasn't quite the same.

Kona is tops as well, I just choose not to spend that kind of $$$$, plus in the Midwest you never truly know if it's the "good" stuff or not.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

I also really, really liked the coffee at the resort I was at in Cancun on my honeymoon. I'm quite sure it was a Mexican roast of some sort..............some of the best coffee I've had. I did buy some Mexican coffee at Trader Joe's, but it wasn't quite the same.

Kona is tops as well, I just choose not to spend that kind of $$$$, plus in the Midwest you never truly know if it's the "good" stuff or not.

H9
    Follow the links posted by Mike and/or I above. Those are coffee farmers in Kona. You buy directly from them and you support them directly. You get 100% real Kona coffee, no blends and they are, like I said 1/4 of what other companies charge for their blends. Also, they package the coffee immediately after roasting and processing is done and the coffee gets shipped, usually within hours after it is finished. No middle man, just straight from the farm to your door. The only way to get it better is to be at the farm itself.

Yeah, it's a bit expensive for everyday use but they usually come in vacuum sealed bags with pretty good instructions on how to keep it fresh. Again though, I recommend the whole beans and grind them yourself. They last much longer and have a much better flavor over already good stuff.

Also, I just remembered some coffee I had before. Part of my family on my dad's side is Austrian, from Vienna. Sometimes, someone will go over there to visit family and they bring back all kinds of goodies like chocolate, coffee and so on. Well, a cousin went over there to visit one time and he was raving about this little cafe he found (they are everywhere in Austria, honestly). He brought back about 2 pounds worth of this Sumatran coffee that was a pretty dark Viennese roast. He also brought back these chocolate chip cookies that were absolutely divine. I grabbed a cookie and started eating it and he yelled at me and told me to wait for the coffee.

He brought the coffee over, no sugar, just heavy cream and a small bit of cinnamon. He grabs a cup and a cookie and says "Like this!" and dunks the cookie in the coffee, lets it soak up the hot coffee until the chips start to melt and then takes a big 'ole bite! My God! It was incredible and by the time you were done with the cookies, you have this lovely little dollop of melted chocolate at the bottom of the cup. He poured a teensy bit of hot coffee in and mixed it up. Man! Good stuff! Starbucks had a dark roast Sumatran coffee that was alot like that coffee but not quite. If you do it, you need dark chocolate or bakers chocolate with a low sugar content. The coffee will be slightly sweeter and not as acidic so the bitter chocolate compliments it well.

Dang.

Anybody wanna go to Vienna for some coffee?

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Gevalia is pretty impressive coffee. I used to belong to the club and I may start again. I use whole bean and grind my own for my Bodum French Press coffee maker. Great, fresh beans and the French Press syle equals great coffee everytime.
    I'm completely hooked on Gevalia. The Columbia roast is so good that I can't bring myself to stray from it and try one of their other varieties. Very smooth, flavorfull coffee. I've used my french press once in a while, but most of the time just brew it in the free coffee maker they send you.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables

If you love good coffee
    Think Starbucks is mediocre at best
    Don’t believe in paying 6 bucks for a cup of good coffee
    Are in Park Slope, Brooklyn

You owe it to yourself and will be rewarded for making the trip and waiting on a long line, no matter what time of day!

http://www.gorillacoffee.com/

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Dang.

Anybody wanna go to Vienna for some coffee?
    Me! I'd love to. I know people there too, and they may not be as whacky as your family probably are, since you admit the "voices" talk to you! We could start a new Polk Audio Coffee Café Experience, incorporating vinyl and tubes! I've had some great Austrian coffee in my espresso that a GF used to bring back from there.

I've never tried coffee from Hawaii, except what the neighbor brought me back from there earlier this year, but I think that was the "tourist" blend because it was nothing to write home about. Getting it straight from the farm sounds like a sensible thing to do. One of the best filter coffees I've tried, when I used to drink them still, was brought by an acquaintance directly from Burundi, in Africa (this was before all the massacres and strife strated).
    Alea jacta est!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

+1 on the Jamaican Blue Mountain. Finest coffee in the world. Smooth as silk with an incredible flavor. Dang spendy though.
    Lots of Carver stuff and a pair of LSi9's

Member Sales Rating: (23)

http://www.aikanekonacoffee.com/

This is the site for the coffee that was just give away in the Karma....as said before best to buy direct..do alittle research and you will be quite pleased...what you buy direct is 100% Kona beans...not a blend....not a mix...the real kine 100% and that makes all the difference in the world...The State and island are very strict on the quality that must be maintained....have been up above the Kona town many times in the coffee belt....really cant say which was best but there are lots of little places to stop and taste some great coffee.....Kauai has produced some tasty coffee too...actually alot more coffee is grown there than on the Big Island....

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Thumbs down I hate coffee!!!

I get my daily caffiene fox courtesy of a bottle of Mexican Coca~Cola:D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by NotaSuv View Post
    ...have been up above the Kona town many times in the coffee belt....really cant say which was best but there are lots of little places to stop and taste some great coffee...
    just the smell of the air in that area alone is amazing!

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Coffee is an art form of sorts...

I agree Kona is one of my fav`s, as is Blue Mountain.....I prefer Peet`s coffee to star bucks, but it all in the way you make it

You must use good water, and good grounds....grounded properly

It really does make a difference in taste as to how you prepare it, and brew it

I like to get differnt types of beans and mix my own
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself)
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

Water temp as well as grind "consistency" is a big factor. I use a French Press and I boil water in a tea pot and then pour it over the grounds to let them steep.

I can tell you if the water is to hot the coffee tastes bitter or if you let it steep too long it becomes bitter. I wait until the tea pot whistles and then I let it sit for 5-7 minutes off the burner before pouring over the freshly ground coffee. After that I let it steep no longer than 6 minutes or so and transfer the coffee to an insolated thermos.

Damn good cup of coffee if done correctly. I have it down pretty well by now.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Water temp as well as grind "consistency" is a big factor. I use a French Press and I boil water in a tea pot and then pour it over the grounds to let them steep.

I can tell you if the water is to hot the coffee tastes bitter or if you let it steep too long it becomes bitter. I wait until the tea pot whistles and then I let it sit for 5-7 minutes off the burner before pouring over the freshly ground coffee. After that I let it steep no longer than 6 minutes or so and transfer the coffee to an insolated thermos.

Damn good cup of coffee if done correctly. I have it down pretty well by now.

H9
    +1
    I do regularly use a mediocre brand of coffee, but the flavor is much better with a French Press.

? Harmon Kardon AVR 55 (dead; replacing with Onkyo TX NR-616)
    ? Polk RTA 11TL's (FR and FL)
    ? Polk TSi200's (RR and RL)
    ? Polk CS10 (Center)
    ? Polk PSW-350
    ? Grado SR-60i Headphones
    ? Fii0 E5 headphone amp
    ? iPod touch (8 gig)
    ? iPod Classic (80 gig)
    ? Mac Mini (as media server)
    ? xbox 360

I have an Italian stove top espresso maker that I bought overseas. I try to stock up on Illy, Cafe Kimbo or whatever is local when I travel.

About 12 years ago my wife and I were on vacation in WA and OR, we took a ferry ride to Vashon Island were Seattle's Best Coffee had a roasting site. Saw a couple of pros cupping coffee and making notes. All that coffee being roasted on site, stacks of raw green beans, fog in the air made for an epic cup of joe. I am making an effort to cut down to one cup a day which is tough cause my drip coffee maker makes a great half pot but a week single cup. Maybe I'll dig around and find my stove top espresso maker. Lately I've been drinking the Sam's Club Colombian Supremo, it's fair trade, 100% Arabica, tasty and darn cheap! 2 1/2 lbs cost about $12. I've looked in to DIY roasting raw beans from sweet maria's but for now that will have to wait.
    Polk Audio RTA 12c's, Monitor 7c, Monitor 5JR+, SDA CRS+

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Blue Mountain is great coffee as is the some of the Puerto Rican brands. It is a tough call between Blue Mountain and the Gold konas.

Member Sales Rating: (23)

2 words.....................................

Kopi Luwak

Lorthos

The coffee I brew every morning.....

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Quote Originally Posted by george daniel View Post
    Jamican Blue Mountain,, I think that the worst was some kinda pecan flavored coffee crap.
    Absolutely the finest coffee I have ever had was Blue Mountain. :)
    Damned expensive though.

I like the Guatemala Antigua beans too. Coffee from the more arid regions is a bit too acidic for my old tummy.

And I always grind my own.

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Eight O' clock coffee, French Vanilla. This is the coffee for me. No other flavors, no other brands. DD and SB's coffee makes me want to puke. All of them.
    +1 on the A&P eight o'clock coffee. My dad was a manager for A&P and worked for them for 44 years. I remember going to the store as a kid and we'd fresh grind it in the machine there. I loved their coffee. Unfortuatly, here in Canada A&P were bought out by another chain.
    "They're always talking about my drinking, but never mention my thirst" Oscar Wilde

Pre-Amp: Anthem AVM 20
    Amp: Carver TFM-35
    Amp: Rotel RB-870BX
    Fronts : SDA 1B w/ RDO-194s
    T.V.:Plasma TC-P54G25
    Bluray: Oppo BDP-93
    Speaker Cables: MIT Terminater
    Interconnect Cables:DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1isonic

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Best coffee I ever had was from the Cafe on the Latina, Italy Airbase during a NATO sponsored course on cryptographic equipment repair. I was actually stationed at Izmir, Turkey; TDY. It was a simple Latte, but it was delicious. I also had the best 4 cheese pizza on the planet in downtown Latina. Never tasted a pizza since that came anywhere near close...
    Last edited by steveinaz; 09-02-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Thread Information