Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Exclamation I am looking to replace

I realize that I need to replace the transmission on the truck but it's a 5 spd I can't seem to find a model number anywhere on it!!! I know the one for the auto is 700R4 but as for the Man. version I don't know what it is.... That's why I was asking too see if you guys had a good source to look it up at.

PLZ refer to the other post *Another Of Topic Post* to see truck model

1985 S-10 Blazer 4x4 2.8L
    2 BBL

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Dude, just call up a place that sells remanufacturered and/or rebuilt transmissions. They will know if you give them make, model year and drivetrain layout. They have books and stuff to look it up with.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

if u're even lazier (like me) call the dealer... any dealer... give them your VIN number and ask them for what model transmission came stock on the truck. after which --- u head to the boneyard with a part number.

get your big yellow knee boots, box -o- tools, shovel, miners hat, and denim jacket... might want a pack of Winston's too... "boneyard boneyard boneyard, headin to the boneyard.... headin to the boneyard we are... do be do... do be do... do be do... dobe doo.... BONE YARD!" (sung to the tune of "rawhide").
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag

Thread Information