Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Member Sales Rating: (21)

many have had success in moving the rack to a wall perpendicular to the front speakers past the first reflection point, the SPL does effect the rack, the gear, you, your walls on to infinity, its just pretty much what you like, what you can do with the room and then trial and error.

those pads you using are pretty good I gave some to a member who's player was skipping at volume and they fixed things just fine, there is a whole special cooridor in the Rabbit Hole for isolation products, those pads you have and an audio rack are a good start then just knock yourself with everything else available, lots of guys here use dynamat inside the components to dampen vibration.

RT1
    REEL TIME THEATRE
    Onkyo-TX-NR5007
    B&K 7270 amplifier
    Polk SWA-500 Subwoofer amplifier
    OppO BDP-83
    Pioneer Elite 50"
    Polk LCi-RTS-105;LCi-RTS-C;LCi-RTSFx;LCi80Fx
    Subs-Twin Polk CSW200
    HTS5000

RABBIT HOLE RIG
    BAT VK-31SE
    VTL MB-450 Signature monoblock
    Wolcott Presence monoblock
    Musical Fidelity kW SACD
    Rega P25/RB600/Clearaudio Aurum Beta
    Acoustech Phono-Pre
    Sound Lab Millenium ELS
    BillyBags Rack
    MIT S1/3 cables
    Shunyata/PS Audio/Virtual Dynamics Power Cords

Everthing Matters...Tubes Rule...and It's Over until it's Not Over

Member Sales Rating: (37)

I'm going to take your hint and study up on the perpendicular wall location. By sheer coincidence I'm doing that with one of my turntables as there just happened to be some heavy iron brackets cemented right into the brick basement wall when we moved here. They lent themselves to the building of a very sturdy shelf.

I think ultimately the majority of my gear will have to go between the speakers. The last tweak to complete my first cycle of upgrades will be a VTI (or similar) rack filled with lead shot. (I've already negotiated with my wife for that to be what she and the kids will be giving me at Christmas, and I may even be allowed to order for good before behavior before then :) )
    Last edited by inspiredsports; 10-08-2009 at 02:18 PM.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    I've already done a lot of experimenting, but as still a relative newb to tube gear, I don't know much about placement and isolation.

My buffers are currently stacked on top of a CD player that sits on a very solid table on a carpeted below grade concrete floor between the speakers.

The Musical Fidelity tubes have no additional damping, and the single 6922 in the Yaquin sports a Herbie's damper that I have found to keep everything tighter at higher sound pressure levels (90 or more db at the center of the 22'W X 24'D X 8'H space).

My next acquisition is going to be VTI or similar rack that I can fill with lead shot, but I'm still curious if members have experimented with tips/ tricks/ placement of tube gear to minimize sonic disturbances.
    Greg, I gave you four Isol-Pads to put under the MF tube buffer for isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    Greg, I gave you four Isol-Pads to put under the MF tube buffer for isolation.

Absolutely! I don't remember where I found the source online, but I had 24 of them here before the 4 you sent arrived, and I use then on any component with moving parts or tubes inside :).

I'm not having any problems, just over-thinking it like I do everything else to make sure I've come up with the best solution I can afford with the parts on hand.
    Last edited by inspiredsports; 10-08-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Default Yaqin CD1 Rectifier Bridge Mod

I've upped the ante with a mod to the power supply of the Yaqin CD1 Tube Buffer after finding a thread at http://www.sound-thinking.org/index....60&#entry65864

The mod called for the addition of two bypass caps, and I chose to use Mundorf 800 VDC Dielectric Polypropylene 0.1UF M-Cap Supreme's.

I've got to say that after just a couple of CD sides I'm blown away by the improvement :), but will reserve a full critique until I get about 100 hours of use on the unit.

Updating the total Yaqin package price as currently outfitted, here's where we are:
    --- Yaqin CD1 Tube Buffer @ $117.00 USD delivered
    --- Upgrade: 2 Each 0.1uf 800VDC Mundorf M-Cap Supreme Dielectric Polypropylene Capacitors @ $30.30 USD delivered
    --- NOS Amperex Holland 6DJ8/ECC88 Vacuum Tube @ $15.98 USD delivered (yes, I stole this $100+ tube)
    --- Herbies Audio UltraSonic 9 Tube Damper @ $20.28 USD delivered
    --- 5' 15A Shunyata Diamondback Platinum Power Cord @ $118.50 USD delivered (1/2 price musicdirect.com summer sale)
    TOTAL: $302.06 USD delivered

The sound for this investment amount is absolutely stellar, and sure to improve as the mod burns in . . . more later. --- gw
    Last edited by inspiredsports; 10-14-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Member Sales Rating: (0)

What is a decent $$ for a Musical FidelityX-10v3, used?
    (sorry I dont know what tubes)

Quote Originally Posted by kcoc321 View Post
    What is a decent $$ for a Musical Fidelity X-10v3, used? (sorry I dont know what tubes)
    I've been watching these constantly on eBay since purchasing mine and they always seem to settle in the $190-$210 USD range delivered anywhere in the US. Just search eBay for "Musical Fidelity" and you will generally find a couple for sale at any given time.

Also, a concern was that the tubes used in the X-10v3 were in short supply in the rare event the originals failed. I've just just found "tubetoons" on eBay who has NOS JAN Phillips 6112 tubes (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT) for under $20 per pair delivered. You can't "roll" the tubes in the X-10v3 in the conventional sense as they are soldered in.
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

I've been watching these constantly on eBay since purchasing mine and they always seem to settle in the $190-$210 USD range delivered anywhere in the US. Just search eBay for "Musical Fidelity" and you will generally find a couple for sale at any given time.

Also, a concern was that the tubes used in the X-10v3 were in short supply in the rare event the originals failed. I've just just found "tubetoons" on eBay who has NOS JAN Phillips 6112 tubes (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT) for under $20 per pair delivered. You can't "roll" the tubes in the X-10v3 in the conventional sense as they are soldered in.
    Thanks...I have a local here selling one for $150...we'll see if he calls me back...:)

Member Sales Rating: (45)

Thank you Greg for your work on this thread. Just read most of it because I purchased a Yaqin from Notasuv that will arrive soon. Hope my small journey into tubes will be as rewarding as yours. Again, thanks!
    Eric.
    Romans 1:16

My sickness increases.

I've just sent the Musical Fidelity X-10v3 off to Rock Grotto in Scotland (the inventor/manufacturer of the Little Pinkie Power Supply Unit) where a new set of NOS 6112 tubes that I picked up will be installed, and where the owner will perform the ultimate X10 upgrade by installing . . .

http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/x10v3mods.htm

That will bring the X10 up to the ultimate state of it's existence.

Moving along, I just purchased my first full tube preamplifier, the old standby Dynaco PAS-3 that uses 4 12AX7's for $160 delivered. The unit has a strong matched quad of Telefunkens and the sound is amazingly good for an all stock component that is pushing 70 years old!

I figured this component was a good starting point to test my improving soldering skills before moving on to a "real" tube preamp, although some have called it a "giant killer" and I can see (hear :)) why.

I'm currently using the Yaqin between my CD player and the Dynaco PAS-3 where it still adds a nice enhancement even over and above the sweetness of the tube preamp.

I have been studying McIntosh tubed preamps and have a my eyes on the C-20 and C-22 models when funds allow. I'm also tempted by the more affordable Conrad Johnson CJ PV-7. I love the sound of 12AX7 tubes and have a matched quad of Mullard Blackburn's on the way that will work in any of these 4 preamps no matter what I land upon. :D
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Yikes dude... you are sick! Where are you gonna stick the MF when it comes back?

I had a Yaqin in line with my CDP (thanks to this thread) and loved it! I loved it so much I picked up a Jolida JD-100 CDP which uses 12AX7's. I threw some Sovtek LPS's in there and it's awesome. I sold the yaqin on A-gon. It also went with some Mullards as well as some RCA commands.

Contradicles - If your experience is like mine you'll find more bang for your Yaqin buck by putting it in line with your CDP as opposed to your Pre and amp.
    System
    ModWright SWL 9.0SE Signature Preamp | Aragon 8008 Mk II Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    Squeezebox Touch |Rega DAC
    | Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner (Joseph Chow Mods)

Quote Originally Posted by Conradicles View Post
    Thank you Greg for your work on this thread. Just read most of it because I purchased a Yaqin from Notasuv that will arrive soon. Hope my small journey into tubes will be as rewarding as yours. Again, thanks!
    Eric.
    That was a great deal with the upgraded tubes!
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Member Sales Rating: (16)

And I thought I had caught the bug bad. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaker737 View Post
    Yikes dude... you are sick! Where are you gonna stick the MF when it comes back?

I had a Yaqin in line with my CDP (thanks to this thread) and loved it! I loved it so much I picked up a Jolida JD-100 CDP which uses 12AX7's. I threw some Sovtek LPS's in there and it's awesome. I sold the yaqin on A-gon. It also went with some Mullards as well as some RCA commands.

Contradicles - If your experience is like mine you'll find more bang for your Yaqin buck by putting it in line with your CDP as opposed to your Pre and amp.
    I have 2 complete rigs in my listening room so it will be incorporated in one or the other as follows:

My opinion so far with the components I own is that in an all solid state rig, it sounds best to place the tube buffer between the preamp and amplifier. With a tube preamp, I still like the buffer between the CD player and preamp.
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    And I thought I had caught the bug bad. :D
    I may have found the cure . . . .

Becky just found a listing (with pricing) of the components I'm following online and she told me she will K!LL me if I drop 2K on a preamp.

Dead me = sickness cured :D

P.S.: I didn't tell her I'm also watching the McIntosh MC-2000 Tube amp.
    Last edited by inspiredsports; 12-17-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Banned

My sickness increases.

I've just sent the Musical Fidelity X-10v3 off to Rock Grotto in Scotland (the inventor/manufacturer of the Little Pinkie Power Supply Unit) where a new set of NOS 6112 tubes that I picked up will be installed, and where the owner will perform the ultimate X10 upgrade by installing . . .

Moving along, I just purchased my first full tube preamplifier, the old standby Dynaco PAS-3 that uses 4 12AX7's for $160 delivered. The unit has a strong matched quad of Telefunkens and the sound is amazingly good for an all stock component that is pushing 70 years old!

I figured this component was a good starting point to test my improving soldering skills before moving on to a "real" tube preamp, although some have called it a "giant killer" and I can see (hear :)) why.

I'm currently using the Yaqin between my CD player and the Dynaco PAS-3 where it still adds a nice enhancement even over and above the sweetness of the tube preamp.

I have been studying McIntosh tubed preamps and have a my eyes on the C-20 and C-22 models when funds allow. I'm also tempted by the more affordable Conrad Johnson CJ PV-7. I love the sound of 12AX7 tubes and have a matched quad of Mullard Blackburn's on the way that will work in any of these 4 preamps no matter what I land upon. :D
    Hahaha, I've passed the neurosis onto a fellow Polkie. I think I did it to Keiko too. Muhoohaaaaaa!

Great stuff Bro!

My sickness increases.

Telefunken's are outstanding tubes.............one of my favorites and I prefer them personally over Mullards.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (15)

Well, because of this thread, my Yaqin CD-2 is pending customs right now. ;)
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Joe, you are a menace, a menace I tell you !!!!! :D

I have it bad. I can't wait until the improved X10 returns after the holidays.

I've gotta say, I have not even gotten to vinyl (which I play 90% of the time) since I put this old-school Dynaco preamp into the system. I know you sold me the X10 after going tube pre or amp, but I have the Yaqin in front of the Dynaco and it sounds awesome.

The sound simply comes at me, grabs me, and PULLS ME IN . . . It's almost frightening how good it is. I've never done LSD, but I've gotta think it's something like this. I wonder what will happen when I get a really world class tube pre :D.

Back to the original point of this post, I do think my Yaqin CD-1 has been one of the best-bang-for-the-buck components I've ever scored. I'm guessing the rebuilt X10 will outshine it when it's all said and done, but I will have about 6-X as much money into it
    Last edited by inspiredsports; 12-17-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Banned

My sickness increases.

After you get the MF back I would like you to return it to me!:D I'll even pay you $10 more than you paid plus shipping!!!:D

Good luck you sick bastage.

After you get the MF back I would like you to return it to me!:D I'll even pay you $10 more than you paid plus shipping!!!:D

Good luck you sick bastage.
    For anyone else, No!

But Joe, for you I just might :D
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Banned

No but thanks for the gracious offer. I just joined the 12 step program AA (audiophools anonymous).;):D

Hahaha, I've passed the neurosis onto a fellow Polkie. I think I did it to Keiko too. Muhoohaaaaaa!

Great stuff Bro!
    You did, you A-hole! :p

Thanks to you and H9, I have a tube buffer and a tubed preamp. The VPI 16.5 RCM is on it's way as of today. Oh boy! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! :D

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    You did, you A-hole! :p

Thanks to you and H9, I have a tube buffer and a tubed preamp. The VPI 16.5 RCM is on it's way as of today. Oh boy! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! :D
    Just don't shart yourself!:D

I just received my Musical Fidelity X-10 v3 tube buffer back from Mike Grierson of Rock Grotto in Northern Scotland.

I won't post photos here as he has huge detailed images in his own forum at http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/inde...d=1961&page=12 under "Re: Work in progress - Reply #168 on Dec 30, 2009, 10:09pm

The improvements are night and as would be expected with new tubes and caps, etc. chosen specifically to make this particular component shine at its highest potential. I am also certain it will only get better a these are caps take perhaps 200 hours to form up.

If you have been following my progression, I've just added a Conrad Johnson PV-7 tube pre to my system and one small problem was matching its higher impedance output to my lower impedance recently rebuilt NAD 2600A SS power amp.

The X-10 in between is what was missing, and all I can say at this point in time is that the improvement is simply stellar. Everything about the sound is better. I can't wait to get a week or so down the road to give it a serious critique when everything has seasoned.
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Banned

I just received my Musical Fidelity X-10 v3 tube buffer back from Mike Grierson of Rock Grotto in Northern Scotland.

I won't post photos here as he has huge detailed images in his own forum at http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/inde...d=1961&page=12 under "Re: Work in progress - Reply #168 on Dec 30, 2009, 10:09pm

The improvements are night and as would be expected with new tubes and caps, etc. chosen specifically to make this particular component shine at its highest potential. I am also certain it will only get better a these are caps take perhaps 200 hours to form up.

If you have been following my progression, I've just added a Conrad Johnson PV-7 tube pre to my system and one small problem was matching its higher impedance output to my lower impedance recently rebuilt NAD 2600A SS power amp.

The X-10 in between is what was missing, and all I can say at this point in time is that the improvement is simply stellar. Everything about the sound is better. I can't wait to get a week or so down the road to give it a serious critique when everything has seasoned.
    I want it back!

I want it back!
    3rd day update . . .

In another thread a poster asked what a CJ tube pre sounds like. TroyD answered, " ... you will get a warm, GLORIOUS midrange. Lush, liquid.....the lows will be warm and a bit mushy and the high end will lack air and phenomenal extension."

A week ago I would have agreed 100% with Troy's fine description of bass, mids and highs, but . . . . you know my just tricked out Musical Fidelity X10 v3 tube buffer came back from the modder in Scotland.

Now in addition to that magnificently lush mid-range Troy described, the bass is quick and tight, and the highs are much more extended and detailed, but absolutely not fatiguing.

In my case I believe the CJ to NAD 2600A SS amp impedance match may not have been optimum. Now it is with the tube buffer making an incredible contribution. And it's probably still more than 100 hours from being settled in! :D
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Default Blessed by God

## The Setup ##################################################

There has recently been a great deal of interest in tube gear here in Club Polk, and I'm experimenting with tube buffers placed between my Solid State NAD 1700 Preamp and Solid State NAD 2600A Power Amplifer.

Both NAD components were professionally rebuilt (power/caps/etc.) by NAD specialists "In House Stereo Repair" in Setauket, NY in March of 2009. I know I could have gone another direction, but I bought them brand new in 1987, they have sentimental value. These components have served me well.

First, my system is in my home office and I listen constantly (sometimes 60 and never fewer than 40 hours per week).

My desk is dead center in the SDA sweetspot between pairs of sonicap/mortite/dynamat extreme/RDO-198 modded SDA-2B's and SDA SRS 2's with custom made 12 Gauge 9-Strand Silver Coated Copper Wire SDA Interconnect Cables. Room dimensions and acoustics are absolutely ideal and speakers are optimally placed.

All Speaker Cables are 10' MIT Shotgun 2 and all Interconnects are 2 Meter MIT Shotgun 2 (with adjustable impedance matching boxes on input side). I also have 2 pairs of 1 Meter and 1 pair of 2 Meter BW Audio Silver Interconnects that I will experiment with if I feel the need to open up the highs, but don't anticipate using them.

All components above have a minimum of 500 hours of break-in

## The Buffers ##################################################

BUFFER A:
    I purchased a very well cared for Musical Fidelity X-10v3 Tube Buffer from Club member that I have been auditioning for about a week now. The improvement provided is simply wonderful. It is in completely stock condition and came with a decent quality wall wort power brick, but not the list price $400 MF X-PSU-V3. I've researched and ordered a "Little Pinkie v3i Power Supply" from its maker in Scotland that is acclaimed to be better than the MF PSU. I will use a 6' Signal Cable MagicPower Cable to power the Little Pinkie.

Total Musical Fidelity system delivered price (Buffer/Upgraded Power Supply/Upgraded Power Cable) = $475USD

BUFFER B:
    I received my brand new Yaqin CD-1 Tube Buffer in the mail today. I did not even take the stock 6N1 Chinese tube out of the box and instead inserted a recently acquired NOS JAN Phillips 6922 Green Label that is said to be an excellent match. I also did not take the 110V stock power cord out of the box and used a recently acquired Signal Cable MagicPower 6' Cable.

After break in, and when I'm confident I know its sonic signature, I will solder in a couple of high quality capacitors said to improve its power supply a cost of no more than $50 USD.

Total Yaqin system delivered price (Buffer/Phillips Tube/Upgraded Power Cable) = $200 USD (future caps will make it $250 and I also have plans to introduce a Telefunken 6922 Smooth Plate Diamond that will increase tube budget by $55 USD adder making the comparison grand total $305 USD)

## Initial Comments ##################################################

I've been listening to the Yaqin for about 2 hours now. If I didn't know any better, I could review it with high marks before breaking it in!

This thread will eventually become even more deeply evolved, but with the arrival of the Yaq, I wanted to get a start today. Analog and Digital source components will be described soon.
    You guys are blessed by God,to be able to afford these expensive high end gear. I just went on ebay,in search for MIT speaker cables,Interconnect ect....way out of my price range,at the moment,but if I had the money,I would buy all of them,one day I will.

P.S By the way,i do have the Musical Fidelity X-10v3 ,the very well loved denon 2900,the out of sight, Polks 1.2's,Pro 400,two carver mono blocks Silver 7 T,just one pair of MIT Terminater 400....... I'm getting there guys.Can I say Audio Alchemy in here ''DAC" Plus jitter box DTI PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by PolkClyde View Post
    You guys are blessed by God,to be able to afford these expensive high end gear. I just went on ebay,in search for MIT speaker cables,Interconnect ect....way out of my price range,at the moment,but if I had the money,I would buy all of them,one day I will.

P.S By the way,i do have the Musical Fidelity X-10v3 ,the very well loved denon 2900,the out of sight, Polks 1.2's,Pro 400,two carver mono blocks Silver 7 T,just one pair of MIT Terminater 400....... I'm getting there guys.Can I say Audio Alchemy in here ''DAC" Plus jitter box DTI PRO.
    Blessed, yes, but I have purchased very little (since 1987) that was new, And if I do buy new, it is always on sale with a coupon. Most has been eBay or CP Classifieds, and my first MIT cables were gifted, sold off, and traded up to S2's so I got a good helping hand.

Also, if I ever see a spot to enter a coupon code on an Internet buy form, I do internet searches for "XX coupon code" where XX = the vendors name, or I email the vendor and ask for a coupon code. You would be surprised how many codes you can get searching or asking. I almost always get an additional 10-15% off in this way.

I bought a special (brand new) 1/2 meter power cable in December that I had been watching for almost a year listed at $180 + shipping. The vendor then was offering free shipping. I emailed and explained I had been watching for a year and wondered if the item itself ever went on sale. The vendor emailed back an $89 PayPal invoice. Yes $89 is crazy for a half meter cable, but a lot better than the normal almost $200 price when shipping was involved.

I also try to avoid "pack ratting" what I don't need by selling here and on eBay, and sometimes even make a small profit that of course gets reinvested in gear. :D

Hang in there and be patient and it will get to where you want it, but don't forget to enjoy it every day along the way. :)

Shoot, I just re-read your post; you've got great gear!
    Last edited by inspiredsports; 01-25-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PolkClyde View Post
    That's the same configuration I was using the MF tube buffer in. However I found it to be overkill in that I have a tube preamp and the 2900 just sounded mushy using the tube buffer ahead of the TriVista.

You've got some nice gear there.

Thread Information