Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default Do these Really work!!!

While surfing I came across these snap on RF noise filters.

Has anyone tried these out?? What are some of the possible applications??

http://cgi.ebay.com/TDK-Snap-On-RF-E...d=p3911.c0.m14

Jimmy

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydep View Post
    While surfing I came across these snap on RF noise filters.

Has anyone tried these out?? What are some of the possible applications??

http://cgi.ebay.com/TDK-Snap-On-RF-E...d=p3911.c0.m14

Jimmy
    I've seen those, and alot of people swear on them. The majority of the time they're used on power cords, but have multiple applications as well. They're found everywhere, even on P.E./MP and at your local rat shack. When used on interconnect cables or power cords, it's usually near the component end where said-cable is near a bunch of other cables/etc.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

I use a similar product on all my power cords. Whether they work or not . . . who knows.

It depends on the situation as to whether or not they make an audible difference. I use them and in some instances they are really effective. In other instances I notice nothing.

When they are effective, you will notice a change by moving them up and down the cable. Sometimes just a 1/4 inch will make an audible difference. Place them at the input side of the cables. The best distances I have found are anywhere from 2-4 inches away from the end of the cable, YMMV.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Oh, and $14.50 is a ridiculous price for those.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

That Ebay listing appears to be for Qty: 10
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH

Ah, my bad. I thought it was for one.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

They can make the biggest difference when shielding your cables from HF stuff like HAM radios, etc. But they can also make a difference if your place has some bleedover radiation or a strong signal from something near by.

I didn't think they were very expensive, especially if they improve the sound quality.

So if I put them on my interconnects I should expect to see a Difference?
    Has anyone tried them on speaker cables?

Jimmy

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Speaker cables are not nearly as subject to RFI/EMI as IC's. Also they would go near the amp end, and not the source. I would presume that you would want to protect the most cable you could. Also I have no idea if they would degrade the audio signal. I have only seen them on power cords. They cost much less than a $1 for companies who buy in bulk, and If they worked you would most likely have seen them by now, but who knows they may not be detrimental to the signal. For a couple dollars it may be worth trying if you are having noise problems.

EDIT: A little side note. I don't see them on any of the cables he is selling;)
    Last edited by ben62670; 09-15-2009 at 03:56 PM.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydep View Post
    I didn't think they were very expensive, especially if they improve the sound quality.
    They don't improve the sound quality at all. They remove unwanted noise in applicable situations.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    They don't improve the sound quality at all. They remove unwanted noise in applicable situations.
    If they remove unwanted noise in applicable situations wouldn't it make sense that they improve the sound quality?

Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    EDIT: A little side note. I don't see them on any of the cables he is selling;)
    I did find a set of speaker cables that the seller uses them on .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Electric...4.c0.m14.l1262

Jimmy
    Last edited by jimmydep; 09-15-2009 at 05:26 PM.

If they remove noise from AC then it makes me wonder if they remove any musical material too. Sounds like a candyliquor upgrade. He now has red letters.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (0)

If they remove noise from AC then it makes me wonder if they remove any musical material too. Sounds like a candyliquor upgrade. He now has red letters.
    I was thinking the same thing. I usually see these things on DC power cords (ie. laptop computers).
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade)
    Parasound: C/PT-600, HCA-800II; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i

HT:
    Denon AVR-888, Polk: RM7, PSW10, Marantz UD5005, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, DRA-825R, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S8, Monitor 5A, TSi100; Pioneer CT-6R, PL-530; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz PM5004, CD5004

Member Sales Rating: (17)

They must do something because my Power Cords come with them already installed.

http://www.polk-audio-sda-srs-one-po...%20Outlets.htm
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

SAL they work on power cords, but do you want something that filters unwanted frequencies from power on a low voltage wide bandwidth analog signal? I wish I had a silly scope. I would like to check the numbers and put my ears on it, but it really doesn't sound like a good idea. Again all the cable companies out there, and none use metal ferrite chocks. An air filter filters air, but I am not going to filter pond water with one and drink it even though it is a filter.
    Thanks
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    If they remove unwanted noise in applicable situations wouldn't it make sense that they improve the sound quality?
    To the average consumer, this would be the case. That said, they still do not improve the sound.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Sounds like a candyliquor upgrade.
    :D

If they remove noise from AC then it makes me wonder if they remove any musical material too. Sounds like a candyliquor downgrade. He now has red letters. Thanks to the polkgods.
    Fixed it for ya Ben.
    Last edited by Keiko; 09-16-2009 at 05:16 AM.

It seems like no one is really sure if these will improve, degrade, or have no effect on the sound....I smell a DK review coming.

Jimmy

Thread Information