Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (10)

This just out:

From www.experiencehendrix.com

Legacy Recordings Preparing For 2010 Launch of Monumental Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project Including Deluxe, Expanded Editions of Titles Released During Jimi's Meteoric Career, Never Before Heard Studio Recordings, Alternate Versions of Classics, One of a Kind 'Live and In Concert' Performances and More

Sony Music Entertainment and Experience Hendrix L.L.C. have agreed to a monumental catalog licensing deal to set the stage for a worldwide campaign to make all of Jimi's extraordinary music, including classics, never before heard archive recordings, and filmed concerts available through every type of media.

Legacy Recordings, Sony's catalog music division, will issue definitive deluxe editions of the classics released during Jimi's all too brief career including GRAMMYr Hall Of Fame Inductees "Are You Experienced", "Axis: Bold As Love", "Electric Ladyland" and (outside the US) "Band of Gypsys." In addition, Legacy will also release those posthumous compilations produced by Experience Hendrix during its stewardship. Each title will also be available through major Digital Service Providers.

Dagger Records, Experience Hendrix's "official bootleg" division, now in its eleventh year, offers recordings that are of great historical significance. The company has also sponsored numerous Experience Hendrix tours that have showcased contemporary artists performing the music of Jimi Hendrix in concert to underscore the never ending vitality and inspiration of Hendrix's music. Participating artists on these tours have included Robert Randolph, Carlos Santana, Paul Rodgers, Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang, Eric Johnson, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, members of Pearl Jam, Aerosmith, the Doors, Los Lobos and many others. Details about the 2010 Experience Hendrix Tour will soon be revealed. This historic partnership will include Legacy's participation in Dagger Records, the Experience Hendrix tours and other Hendrix-related businesses.

"Jimi's legacy and vision were unique and there will never be another that reaches his unparalleled genius. He was the greatest guitarist ever," said Janie Hendrix, President and CEO of Experience Hendrix. "We are confident that our new relationship with Sony Music will honor my beloved brother's legacy and will deliver Jimi's special 'Message Of Love' across the globe. We look forward to the creative partnership and ground breaking releases that this new relationship will engender to bring Jimi's music to successive generations of fans."

"No artist has ever transformed the pop music landscape as profoundly or as permanently as Jimi Hendrix," said Adam Block, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Legacy Recordings. "We are proud to be partnering with Experience Hendrix, keeping the sound and spirit of Jimi's music alive for future generations around the world."

About Legacy Recordings
    The multiple Grammy-winning Legacy Recordings, Sony Music Entertainment's catalog division, produces and maintains the world's foremost catalog of historic reissues, an unparalleled compendium of thousands of digitally re-mastered archival titles representing virtually every musical genre including popular, rock, jazz, blues, R&B, folk, country, gospel, Broadway musicals, movie soundtracks, ethnic, world music, classical, comedy and more.

About Experience Hendrix L.L.C.
    Founded by James 'Al' Hendrix, Jimi's father, in 1995, Experience Hendrix, has been managed since its inception by the family members handpicked by Al during his tenure as Chairman. It is the official family company charged with managing the music, name, image and likeness of Jimi Hendrix. As a part of their daily operations, Experience Hendrix and Authentic Hendrix oversee Jimi's timeless legacy on a worldwide basis.

For more information, please contact:

Tom Cording
    VP of Media Relations
    Sony Music - Legacy
    550 Madison Ave. - 17th floor
    NY, NY 10022
    tom.cording@sonymusic.com
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by POIDOG View Post
    What's special about that? This has been out on CD for quite awhile? Just wondering if I'm missing something. :)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Holy mackerel--they have that in 180gm for $25 or a 200gm test pressing for $150. Could the 20gm of extra weight make that much of a diff?

Quote Originally Posted by mmadden28 View Post
    Holy mackerel--they have that in 180gm for $25 or a 200gm test pressing for $150. Could the 20gm of extra weight make that much of a diff?
    The $25 is for the cd; $39.98 for 180g vinyl; $150 is about right for a test pressing as there are probably a very, very limited # of those. It's not for the extra 20g it's because it's a test pressing :)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    What's special about that? This has been out on CD for quite awhile? Just wondering if I'm missing something. :)

H9

Guess I'm not as "hip" as you

Quote Originally Posted by POIDOG View Post
    Guess I'm not as "hip" as you
    It wasn't a dig............I just wondered if the link was something I hadn't seen before or a "new" release. That's why I asked if there was something special about the link.......that's all :)

H9

It wasn't a dig............I just wondered if the link was something I hadn't seen before or a "new" release. That's why I asked if there was something special about the link.......that's all :)

H9
    Never took as a dig, just thought, if you never seen this, which I hadn't, might be of interest:) IMHO, while Jimi is an interesting persona he was overrated then & now.What I'm saying is he checked out to soon to be declared a "Master". While he is a technical wizard (left hand & all), who knows?
    Last edited by POIDOG; 10-14-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Well, I do disagree greatly. If you listen to just his studio albums...perhaps. I have about 150 bootlegs and studio outtakes/jam sessions and if anything he was underrated for a very long time.

Grab everything commercially available from each period of his short existence and I think you'll rethink your position. Or maybe not :D:).

Have you heard everything commercially available at this point?

Well, I do disagree greatly.
    Grab everything commercially available from each period of his short existence and I think you'll rethink your position. Or maybe not :D:).

Have you heard everything commercially available at this point?
    Yes I have & no I won't change my opinion. But I'm glad that you like him, he was a great show to watch & his engine could rev it up :D

By the way, I have "Axis Bold as Love" and consider it a necessary addition to any serious 60's collector
    Last edited by POIDOG; 10-14-2009 at 03:33 PM.

B&N has it for $50 ($45 if a member)
    Amazon has it for $54, but according to camel3--it was selling at Amazon for ~$36 in June.

I too don't own ay JH, I'm placing it on my watch list - the price will likely drop down again.

George Grand--what was that Hendrix CD you played during my visit?
    FYI, its back on sale again at Amazon $37.48, I just placed an order for it.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

The 1993 MCA Jimi Hendrix The Experience Collection is a nice 4 CD set that includes Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland and The Ultimate Experience a hits collection. Sound quality is right up there, not the best but very good. It's long oop but pops up on ebay every now and then.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III

Member Sales Rating: (10)

FYI, its back on sale again at Amazon $37.48, I just placed an order for it.
    You'll love it. I grew impatient, and "won" a brand-new box with a bid for $20.35 on Ebay a few weeks ago, one of my best pick ups in a while. As others have mentioned, the versions are excellent and the sound on the whole is great. In addition, the box comes with a nice big booklet full of vintage photographs, concert posters, lyric sheets and descriptions of each song contained therein.

For $37, this is a steal!
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects

Damn, I just noticed that it was down to $30 on 10/27---oh well.

Member Sales Rating: (55)

If Band of Gypsy's was the new direction he was heading in, the first three were my last three Hendrix albums. Band of Gypsy's was a dog. I would've asked for my money back if I was at that show.

Could Buddy Miles or Billy Cox possibly have been worse?

Member Sales Rating: (47)

You are kidding,,right? Any reconignation for "Machine Gun"
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (55)

I would rather listen to Pink Floyd or LZ rather than that Hendrix album. Now how bad is that? I hate those guys.

I recognize it as Hendrix trying to play his ass off to bad accompaniment.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

With one or two exceptions I have to agree with GG.

BoG just didn't cut it.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III

Member Sales Rating: (47)

I'll agree that Cox and Miles could not keep up with Hendrix.Of all the Hendrix LP's,I lean towards Electric Ladyland.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Redding laid a solid foundation for both Hendrix and Mitchell. Mitchell was Hendrix's equal as far as being able to just take off at any moment. Some of the best moments in music are when Henrdix and Mitchell play off each other. Without Redding it would have all fallen apart very quickly.

I like all of Hendrix's periods for different reasons and I do enjoy the BOG era because Hendrix's music was growing...........it was important for him to move in another direction, he said so many times.

Miles and Cox were competent and Miles was a buddy of Hendrix's from the military and originally he was just throwing the guy some work, IIRC.

Still there is nothing like for 1st couple of albums for setting the Hendrix standard. Like it or not he evolved in a very short period of time (he strove to explore music) and some people don;t care for the later stuff and styles he was exploring.

H9

Thread Information