Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Surprise! Barbara Streisand outsold Mariah Carey to score #1 album on Billboard

Didn't think this could happen when these 2 released albums on same date....

Barbara Streisand scores chart topper over Mariah Carey

Member Sales Rating: (11)

i guess this is surprising... but Babs has staying power.. has had a long, long career and people still love her. Mariah is still new to the scene compared to Babs.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Interesting.... on the one hand, I can look at Mariah all day long but cannot stand her voice, and on the other I cannot look at Barbara for ten seconds, but could listen to her sing for hours.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

This sure is very surprising!! I guess majority has different taste for music style, voice strenght/quality and the appearance of their singers...

I wonder if this also comes into play... Barbara's fans for the most part are older.. the vinyl album and CD generation. so when she releases a CD, her fans are more likely to go purchase a CD. whereby Mariah being younger.. her fans are more likely to download her music.

just a thought. and a weird one at that. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post
    I wonder if this also comes into play... Barbara's fans for the most part are older.. the vinyl album and CD generation. so when she releases a CD, her fans are more likely to go purchase a CD. whereby Mariah being younger.. her fans are more likely to download her music.

Hummm, so older folks more faithfull and honest, younger folks, get the product without caring about the author/rights/effort of the singer/industry? Somehow makes more sense to me know!

I think older folks are also more loyal to a singer/product/show than some younger ones are. I think though that younger people like to sample more singers/products/shows then older people. both are good.. but after you've been loyal to one singer for 30 or 40 yrs, don't you think it's time to branch out? LOL

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post

I think it makes all the sense in the world Al, and is probably the main reason.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Good for her!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Where contemporary and pop female vocalists are concerned, only one woman bests Mariah Carey's range and talent: Celine Dion.

Barb is good (and was great earlier in her career), but what Mariah can do with her voice isn't human.
    Do you hear that buzzing noise?

Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

Considering how horrible Mariah's voice is, I'm not surprised.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

Thread Information