Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (15)

Default Scored a new tv!

On my way out the door to pick up a Panasonic Viera TH-42PX80U.

$450. :D

Pics will follow later. I'm just sad that my wall mount isn't here yet. :(
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Sweet deal-Congrats!
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I have had the 50PX80U for about a year now and I must say that I enjoy it more each time I turn it on. And it got even better when I connected the Oppo BDP-83 to it a few months ago. Congrats and enjoy!! :)

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Who did you kill for such a deal? Nice price.....enjoy.

Man... this thing is in brand new condition. The seller said that they opened the box in late July, and i believe it.

I don't have a BDP yet, but i'm watching Smoking Aces right now using my DV-50A, and it looks great! This isn't even a great recorded movie. The blacks are unreal. :) I may mess with the color settings a little bit at some point, the reds seem a slight bit funky, but not noticeable unless you're nit-picking.

love2listen, what do you have your picture settings at?

Man... this thing is crystal clear. I'm glad i didn't go LCD in my budget, now.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Great deal on a nice tv, although I couldn't see myself buying any TV that is not 1080P. I cannot believe the price on that thing though, I bet they are still listing for twice that! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyboy View Post
    Great deal on a nice tv, although I couldn't see myself buying any TV that is not 1080P. I cannot believe the price on that thing though, I bet they are still listing for twice that! Congrats!
    Cheapest i could find was $879, MSR was $1200. :D

I decided to just grab a 720p, since everyone and everything i read told me that i wouldn't see the difference on a 42".

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Nice price even better than the insignia.
    HT setup
    Dynex 40 inch tv
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Pioneer Elite VSX-81TXV
    Carver A400X
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Martin Logan Aerius
    Apple Tv 2nd Gen
    Logitech Harmony One Advanced Remote

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Glad to see you pulled the trigger! You'll like that TV!

Member Sales Rating: (41)

LCD's rule !!! :p

Congrats on your new purchase.
    Last edited by leroyjr1; 10-18-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (23)

Good pickup! I got my Panny 42X1 this month for $500 and just loving it. Enjoy!~

Awesome. Hope you like it. Picked up my Samsung P50B550 from HHgregg a few weeks ago for 800, lots of good deals to be had.
    ~Dan
    --------

Projector: Epson 705HD on 106" DaLite
    TV: Samsung 50" Plasma PN50B550
    Receiver: Onkyo 607
    Fronts: Polk 1000i
    Center: Polk Csi40
    Rears: Polk Fxi30
    Sub: Velodyne Minivee 10
    PS3 and Xbox

I'm glad i didn't go bigger... 42" is about the limit of what would really work in this room. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on a Mitsu 52" DLP, but i'm very glad that i didn't. :)

I forgot pictures... :( Will remedy that when i get home.

Good thing you did not pick up a DLP. It seems like a lot of stores are trying to get rid of those things asap.
    ~Dan
    --------

PS3 and Xbox

Member Sales Rating: (1)

very nice pick up
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

Member Sales Rating: (18)

we really like our Panasonic Viera Plasma 42PX77. It was bought about 2yrs ago and I have to say it's the best TV I have ever owned. Once calibrated it's even better. Congrats on your new TV
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo speaker cable, XLO jumpers, AQ Diamondback Ics, AQ HDMI x2, AQ component, Signal cable analog II Ics, Signal cable digcoax, Signal cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 (on the way, thanks Sal) and Harmony PS3 Adapter(picking it up tonight) LG dvdp(for the kids) , Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Alright, so two things i have observed since getting some time in on this.

1) When i turned it back on yesterday to watch "Crank 2," i noticed that i could still see a ghost of the main title menu of "Drag Me To Hell" in the black areas around the Crank 2 menu. Is this normal for a plasma? It did go away after a little bit.

2) I need a TV stand. Bad. Right now i have it sitting on top of my AR "Frankenspeakers." I knew i would find a use for them! :p

I was going to go with a wall mount, but then after thinking that i still need room for a cable box, blu-ray player, and another amp or two. And my current rack is just about overflowing anyways.

Sooo.... cheap, but decent TV stands.

This:

http://www.bizchair.com/55094-p3.htm...ELAID=83119785

Matches my rack, and i guess the price isn't too bad, but i'm not overly excited about it either. I would need it to be close to this look, since i'm SLIGHTLY anal about stuff matching ( i HATE that my cdp is silver face), and my girlfriend is REALLY anal about stuff matching.

Am i searching for something that doesn't exist in a stand like that, but good quality, and cheaper than $207 shipped to my door?

The ghosting happens and will go away. It doesn't last long at all on my TV. I've used Pixel Protector lots of times and I should be due to use it again. I usually put it on some HD channel before turning it off and when I turn it on again there is no ghosting effect at all.
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo speaker cable, XLO jumpers, AQ Diamondback Ics, AQ HDMI x2, AQ component, Signal cable analog II Ics, Signal cable digcoax, Signal cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 (on the way, thanks Sal) and Harmony PS3 Adapter(picking it up tonight) LG dvdp(for the kids) , Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

congrats

There are TV forums, I downloaded a "break in DVD" from a guy on the Panasonic forums. It changes colors every so often to help break in your panel. I'm running my Pixel Protector color screen wash as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    There are TV forums, I downloaded a "break in DVD" from a guy on the Panasonic forums. It changes colors every so often to help break in your panel. I'm running my Pixel Protector color screen wash as I type this.
    I think it's already broken in, i bought it used, but only for 2 months, so i could be wrong.

Got some more ghosting last night watching "Big Nothing" from the title menu, but it also sat on the title menu for about 20 minutes while i was cooking dinner before i started the movie. Went away after about 30 minutes.

I'll get a break in dvd made and see what it does for me.

What is this Pixel Protector color screen wash? Where do i get it?

Thanks!

I've never seen that happen before. Even on very old LCD TVs. I believe the screen has gone bad because the TV has been damaged in some way. Either it was dropped, shaken in shipping, or has a factory issue.
    ~Dan
    --------

PS3 and Xbox

Quote Originally Posted by dvran View Post
    I've never seen that happen before. Even on very old LCD TVs. I believe the screen has gone bad because the TV has been damaged in some way. Either it was dropped, shaken in shipping, or has a factory issue.
    Well, it's just when the same thing shows for extended periods not moving on the screen. I don't get any ghosting at all during normal operation.

For instance, if i was just watching normal TV on it and never hit Pause on the DVR or anything, there would be no ghosting when i started it again.

It's not an LCD, if that helps. Willow has the same TV, just larger i believe.

Well, after researching... it seems the TV may very well not be broken in yet. Strange as it sounds, i bought this from a deaf lady, and didn't think to ask how many hours it had on it yet.

I'll put the settings back to "Cinema" and try to avoid the "black bars" as much as possible and try to rack up 100 hours on it.

You have PM

Your pkg sould be in the mail tomorrow. sorry for the delay

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Your pkg sould be in the mail tomorrow. sorry for the delay
    No worries, i appreciate the favor!

I actually did find a pixel cleaner of sorts built into the tv. It's a white bar that goes left to right and it seems to clean up all ghosting. So i just run it after watching a movie now, before i shut off the display. Problem solved!

I'll be interested to see what your programs do, though. :D

Member Sales Rating: (5)

This is all very curious to me. I have an LCD and run with black bars (for SD) and have never noticed any ghosting. Perhaps it is a Plasma characteristic? Seems odd to have to run a 'pixel cleaner'.

Btw, have you tried using DVE to setup your panel yet?
    Last edited by vc69; 10-28-2009 at 03:49 PM.
    -Kevin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)

Polk LS 90's - Front
    Polk CS350 LS - Center
    Polk Monitor 50's - Rear
    JBL Northridge E150P - Sub

2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    Polk LS90's (spiked & tweeked)
    Cardas IC's
    Cardas Bi-Wire

Quote Originally Posted by vc69 View Post
    This is all very curious to me. I have an LCD and run with black bars (for SD) and have never noticed any ghosting. Perhaps it is a Plasma characteristic? Seems odd to have to run a 'pixel cleaner'.
    I think it's probably a plasma thing. When Rodeo0530 was here to pick up his sub, he mentioned that his buddy had essentially the same TV and that he just ran the same thing that i do and it goes away.

Doesn't really bug me, and the quality otherwise more than makes up for it, in my mind. :)

I just had U-Verse hooked up on Monday, the "Elite" package with all the HD channels, and it's GREAT.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Cool. I was editing when you posted so I'll ask again.
    Have you tried using DVE to setup your panel yet? Believe me your eyes will thank you. :)
    -Kevin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)

Polk LS 90's - Front
    Polk CS350 LS - Center
    Polk Monitor 50's - Rear
    JBL Northridge E150P - Sub

2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    Polk LS90's (spiked & tweeked)
    Cardas IC's
    Cardas Bi-Wire