Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Default My son turned 14

Drew Jr. turned 14 years old and I am feeling old. He was born in Thiensville Wi., well the hospital was in the neighboring town of Mequon. We moved to NJ when he was 4 yrs old and now its all a blurrrrrrrrr. He is 5'10'' and growing up quickly. Drewbie is even nice to his little sister on occasion. He is still planning on going to Clemson and then to Wharton after H.S. and works at keeping up excellent grades so I have no worries, yet. Maybe he will pull a scholarship being a real strong athlete, we'll see. Drewbie likes Metallica, Hendrix, AC/DC and I think thats a Slayer T-Shirt he has on in the picture. Not my taste in music but more his mothers I guess. As long as they don't touch "my" system they can listen to whatever they want in "her" car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA0042.JPG‎
Views:	123
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	43879   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA0051.JPG‎
Views:	100
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	43880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA0052.JPG‎
Views:	102
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	43881  

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Nice family you have there. Save your strength for when your daughter turns 14. Hormones are a bitch :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Nice looking family, your right about musical taste, but to each his own.
    Great milestone; Rock on NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Nice family you have there. Save your strength for when your daughter turns 14. Hormones are a bitch :)
    Thanks
    Yeah and I'm a real bitch too and a lot of people around where I live know it so hopefully that helps and does not hurt. The other thing is she has a big brother so I have back up too.

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Quote Originally Posted by NJPOLKER View Post
    Thanks
    Yeah and I'm a real bitch too and a lot of people around where I live know it so hopefully that helps and does not hurt. The other thing is she has a big brother so I have back up too.
    I didn't mean that....I mean that girls's become a real PITA in their teenager years. Boys are a lot easier to live with.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (5)

I didn't mean that....I mean that girls's become a real PITA in their teenager years. Boys are a lot easier to live with.

Have three daughters. I am still trying to recover from the teenage years.

Seriously.
    -Kevin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)

Polk LS 90's - Front
    Polk CS350 LS - Center
    Polk Monitor 50's - Rear
    JBL Northridge E150P - Sub

2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    Polk LS90's (spiked & tweeked)
    Cardas IC's
    Cardas Bi-Wire

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Nice family Drew, I have 2 girls, my youngest is 17........yeah the teenage years are challenging to say the least. Watch out for the grey hair, it kinda shows up overnight.

Jimmy

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Agreed!! My daughter is 13 glad I handle it better then mom someone has to keep the two in line.:D I would give anything for my son to be 8 again I really miss those days...

Hell I already know that. LOL
    She already spends too much time with her clothes. Hell, she is concerned about her new basketball shoes for this season, gotta be stylish on the court with everyone watching.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have a 2 year old boy.
    I read threads like this and it helps me to really slow down and spend as much time with him as possible. Quality time, not just "time".

I know that they grow up quick, but sometimes it's these bursts that surprise the heck out of you. One day it's goo-goo, gah-gah, and the next thing you know he's shouting that 4 letter word you were hoping he'd not repeat...

But seriously, thanks guys for helping keep parenting in perspective. I like how many of you are fathers and are with your families...

? Harmon Kardon AVR 55 (dead; replacing with Onkyo TX NR-616)
    ? Polk RTA 11TL's (FR and FL)
    ? Polk TSi200's (RR and RL)
    ? Polk CS10 (Center)
    ? Polk PSW-350
    ? Grado SR-60i Headphones
    ? Fii0 E5 headphone amp
    ? iPod touch (8 gig)
    ? iPod Classic (80 gig)
    ? Mac Mini (as media server)
    ? xbox 360

Member Sales Rating: (23)

Quote Originally Posted by everpress View Post
    I have a 2 year old boy.
    I read threads like this and it helps me to really slow down and spend as much time with him as possible. Quality time, not just "time".

I know that they grow up quick, but sometimes it's these bursts that surprise the heck out of you. One day it's goo-goo, gah-gah, and the next thing you know he's shouting that 4 letter word you were hoping he'd not repeat...

But seriously, thanks guys for helping keep parenting in perspective. I like how many of you are fathers and are with your families...
    Great to hear....take the time to spend with them through out their childhood..it does make a difference when you really bond with your children and it does have an impact later on in their lives..my sons are more like younger brothers in some respects...we spend alot of time together and it has paid off in spades, now time to work on that lil grandson....

Happy b-day wishes! For a young lad he has good taste in music :D
    Media Room 7.1
    Sharp lc37d64u | Sanus vmsab-03 | Sonax ZX8680 | Yamaha htr-6290b | Emotiva xpa1 x 2 & xpa5 | RTiA 9 & 7 | CSiA 6 | FXiA 6 | Sanus NF30B-03 | Velodyne dls-3750r | Dual 505-3 m97xe | Monster avs2000/hts5100

HTPC
    Intel e5300 | Asus p5q DLX | LG ch08 BD | OCZ 4g reaper2 | WD 1TB | Sapphire 4890 VaporX 1g | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | OCZ modXtreme 700w | Antec Fusion remote MAX

A fool and his money are easily parted
    I don't drink Koolaid

Need some cable's? Just ask :)

My children mean the world to me and then some. I personally attend all the school functions and get to know many of the teachers. My children's friends I also get to know as well as their parents. They do grow up fast and with all the nonsense going on in this day and age you can't be too careful. I know I can't rely on anyone else to watch out for them which is good but I see children too often left to their own devices and thats generally not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sTiLlLeArNiNg View Post
    Happy b-day wishes! For a young lad he has good taste in music :D
    Thanks
    I'm not sure about his taste in music but its far better than a lot of the crap some listen to. He does not use a I Pod by the way. It pisses me off when I see kids walking around with I Pods when they should be paying attention to other things. WTF is with that? They can't hold a door open for some little old lady because they are too intent on what they are listening to Not my children no way, over my dead body.

Nice family Drew! Sounds like you are a real hands on kind of parent. Wish there were a lot more like you.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Congrats-Nice Family
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

I am the best :D
    I just got home from my daughters basketball clinic.

Nice family man, and I concur about the daughter. OMG my daughter is going to be 15 in Dec. and I would give up all my equipment to have her stay 8 forever. Teenage years are not fun, and time flies like you said.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Banzai! lil Polker. Nice family.

Member Sales Rating: (43)

I have been avoiding looking at this thread. My girls are growing up way too fast.
    Nice pics Bro. I love to put a face with a name.
    Thanks
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Thread Information