Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default my beats be busted!

My (cheapo rat shack) headphones started to crackle a bit when I jiggled the cord a little, so I decided to sacrafice a very old pair of cans that don't work anymore and use that cord instead. Problem is, these cheapo cans use cheapo wires. The wires are basically made by using two strings of raw actual conducting material. Then, they put on some kind of coating on each string so they don't short out when they are both in the same piece of the bigger insulation that holds the wires together. Once you cut the wires, you have to get off some of the coating stuff on the conducting material before you put it back together again. Problem is, I can't figure out the best way to go about doing this. I figured the best way would be to heat the strings of conducting material until the coating stuff melted off, but I don't even know what it is so I'm not sure that would work.

Anybody?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

The last time I had to work on headphones, I just soldered the two wires to their respective spots and it worked. Try that first... if it doesn't work you can always desolder them and try something else. I still think they're just magic...

nadams
    Ludicrous gibs!

Thread Information