Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Default My Exstended RT35i review on seperates!

Hello Gentleman!
    How yall fellas doin? Im doing just fine, listening to music! LOL!, Who couldn't of guessed that. The following review was done with many bands. Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Good Charolette, Simple Plan. They were all listened to around -27 through -35. For exstended periods of around 2 hours in different parts of the days. I hope you like this review as it will be my effin last one. I felt my last review on this setup did not glorify what I felt. So, I redid it and covered alot more stuff. I hope you enjoy my review and so forth. Goodbye
    -MX-

System Break Down:
    Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-41
    Main Amp: Adcom GFA-545II
    Mains: Rt35i
    Center: CS245i
    Surrounds: RT25i
    Subwoofer: M&K MX-90
    Wire: HD
    Cables: RS Gold Series
    CD Player: Yamaha CDC-585 (I think)
    To see how its setup go to the system showcase you lazy mofos!

I have been listening to this speaker for a while, and I am more impressed now since I have heard many more high end speakers.
    Here is my exstended review, I am going to try the best I can.

Placement:
    - Placement is very important to the RT35i. I dont think firing them straight ahead is right for them, I have tried it, I just didn't get what I get now. I have found that my sweetspot with them is slightly left to the center and the slightly turn of the Rt35i will throw off the sound. The placement on mine is pretty basic, each in a corner the right pointed directly at the sweet spot and the left pointing in, right to the sweet spot aiming more towards the TV than me. In doing this the voices are centered and the drums are behind the singer. So placement is very important to this speaker!

Power:
    - Power! Yes, there is no comparison of these speakers on seperates. Receivers do them nothing, they sound fine on receivers but nothing like they do on seperates. I am amazed. With receivers, they sound dry. Humdrum, just not alive. With seperates, the midrange just opens. Vocals are more clear, drums come in more natural and the guitar sorda flows. The quality of the Watts being drove them like any speaker does them much justice! Im not saying to go out and buy an amp, but it does them much justice none the less.

Treble:
    - Treble, the treble on the RT35i, is sometimes too forward at times. But with the placement I have and the amp; they are relatively smooth and natural. They exstend to as far as they go and dont strain theirselves like they did on the Yamaha. The difference is amazing, the Treble is much more smoother and more laid back, like I have heard Polk is known for. However I still find most speakers I hear sound better in this area, sad really!

Midrange & Bass:
    - Midrange, with the amp the midrange is clear, open, and airy. I have not heard a speaker costing 2 times the cost that sound as open as the RT35i on seperates. The midrange is superb. No chestyness in the vocals, and it's not boomy. The vocals roll off the speaker very smoothly. Not to mention these speakers have ALOT of bass. I mean a crazy amount of bass, 50hz my @$$. Its not boomy, but tight, accurate bass. I love the sound this speakers produces now. When it was ran by the Yamaha it was dry and sounded like a box was placed over it. It was just boreing to listen to. Everything was on a side and infront of you. Now junk is just everywhere!

Soundstage:
    - Soundstage, The soundstage is EXCELLANT, nothing like Def Tech though. The vocals are perfectly centered, the drums in the back right behind the singer, and not overwhelming! The guitars are on the sides and run through VERY smoothly and dont sound artificle (sp) as I find most Bose speakers sound. The drums, the snare sounds too artificail for me. They sound to dull, my friend has drums and it sounds nothing like that. Other than that, the midrange carries this operation very well. The sound effects are all over the place, stuff flys behind you, around you - just all over the place. This would of never been accomplished with the Yamaha, the Yamaha would be running for higher ground right about now in this review!

SPL:
    - SPL, these speakers unlike with the Yamaha can pump the SPL, I swear they can play well into -27 (On the PE) and still sound clear (in my room). This is too loud for me, I can only take 1 or 2 songs, other than that I play them around -35. I find these speakers to sound best around -30. Thats when they seem to be really set free and go loose and do their thing.

Overall:
    - Overall, I really like these speakers. I am not sorry for purchasing these speakers over a year ago. It was well worth it in every way. They have been driven with many things, A Sony, Yamaha Receiver, and now an Adcom amp. I tell ya Adcom mates VERY well with the RT line. They are like Dad and Son for god sakes. Its like they were blood. The highs are so tamed by the Adcom is nothing to joke about. Its well worth ranting over. I couldnt believe my ears!

Adcom:
    - Adcom, So many people look over Adcom and head straight to Rotel, and B&K and all of them. I tell ya Adcom isn't here to play. Any person here that owns their gear will tell you their not here to play around. They sound like their there to own the place, and they make a speaker sound like a speaker and not a POS. It is an amp, and it sounds effin awesome. I would not drop Adcom from your list when shopping for an amp. They are the real deal. I have looked inside this thing, GIGANTIC amps, heavy guage wire, gigantic heat syncs, huge chips. Its high quality! Its a heavy SOB too! lol! However the Adcom gets really hot (and I do mean heat), I couldnt believe how hot it actually had became, although it dosn't get all that hot since my speakers are a literal breeze for it to drive!

Pioneer Elite:
    - Pioneer Elite, I have heard this receiver against the 3802. I preferred the PE. It sounded much better in the highs and the mids and even the lows. I thought the 3802 sounded really bad. Etchy highs, boomy lows, humdrum mids. I didnt give an iota for it. It totally blowed! The Pioneer Elite however, it sounded alive, the highs were together and the Bass was tight. I have thoroughly enjoyed this receiver, out of date or not. It kicks literally! However its not even up to par with Adcom. There is no comparison! This receiver has somewhat dirty watts, just not completely clean. This receiver GETS VERY EFFIN HOT my god, even at moderate volumes and when the internal amps are not even being used. However when you kick it past -40, the PE has an internal fan that turns on and it keeps it cool. It can run at -27 literally cold for a period of 3 hours. (I would know this because I left it running and went outside to play basketball and go around the neighborhood). Overall the PE was well worth the purchase and I have found the receiver that I will be keeping for a long long time!

Audio Growth:
    - Audio growth, I have really learned to listen to a speaker in the past year, I don't listen to music that loud anymore as I have found music sounds best at -40 or so. However every once in a while when I hear a song I really like, I CRANK IT! I have learned from my Dad to listen to the speaker and not the loudness, and people from here (Russ, Troy, Frank, Tour, ScottVamp, F1, ATC, many more) I want to thank all of you that have helped me the past year (close to a year) grow in my audio listening and my education of audio. All of you guys have helped me greatly, and if it weren't for all of you I'd probally still be listening to the Polk's on a Yamaha wondering why the heck it sounded so bad! LOL! You are all great people and a real crack, especailly Russ! LOL! He might get on people's nerves but overall hes just a great guy that is a pain in the butt! lol! I have enjoyed it all, but I must say and no one has done anything - and Im not exactly leaving - but since it is sunny outside, and its warm weather its time for me to take my toll outside, playing and in the gym etc. So I will not be posting as much, and once again I want to thank you all for your help in my learning in the Audio world. I have learned a whole lot!
    Last edited by VR3; 04-10-2003 at 09:44 PM.
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Glad to hear you are enjoying your rig. Next $30, get a Sound Pressure meter from Rat Shack, -27, -40, huh? However, with the meter, you can throw out some numbers we can relate to, and it can help you level the playing field, while demoing other speakers/gear.

Cheers,
    Russ

Nice sig, btw.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your rig. Next $30, get a Sound Pressure meter from Rat Shack, -27, -40, huh? However, with the meter, you can throw out some numbers we can relate to, and it can help you level the playing field, while demoing other speakers/gear.

Cheers,
    Russ

Nice sig, btw.
    My guestament is -27 is around 100 db, if not more. Its VERY effin loud. I can only take a song or two at this level. I plan on getting a SPL meter after I get my amps so I can set my system up right!

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (11)

MX i agree with you. i got a Adcom GFA5400 amp last week. the thing actually raises the temp in the room it's in by about two degrees. :p the top right of it is hot to the touch actually. I replaced my Marantz amps for the fronts with this Adcom amp. The Adcom has better bass. Mids and highs are the same.

Adding good interconnects helped too.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert

Member Sales Rating: (0)

What's the difference between treble and midrange? Where's the bass review?

What interconnects? How is your room setup? Are the speakers on stands?

All kinds of questions that make a huge difference in the sound of your speakers.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200

Originally posted by Steve@3dai

What interconnects? How is your room setup? Are the speakers on stands?

All kinds of questions that make a huge difference in the sound of your speakers.
    When you asked what the difference between midrange and treble is, were you kidding? Dude midrange is the woofer. Bass is within the midrange review. I use HD wire, and RS cables, my speakers are on a dresser and a on wall shelf. I explain how the speakers are placed. Please read the review instead of asking question that are irrelivant.

It's not irrelevant. Nowhere in your review did you mention what the speakers are actually sitting on. And I think he wanted to know what you thought of the speakers as a whole, not as individual drivers in the same box. I think your attentuated highs and your extra bass might be due to placement. Corner placement inherently amplifies bass and lower mids compared to highs. I know I've told you that before, but I'm just sayin'.

Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Dude midrange is the woofer.
    "the woofer". Actually, it depends on the crossover point if the midrange is in "the woofer" or not. I'm going to say it's safe to assume that the RT35i's have midrange in both the tweeter and the "woofer" (I use that term loosely in this case).

If I have a speaker with 3 drivers, a 1" dome tweeter a 5" driver and a 8" driver, which one in the "woofer" in that case? The 5" driver would actually be considered the "midrange driver" and the 8" would be considered the "woofer".

I'm also assuming

HD = Home Depot
    RS = Radio Shack

My questions are actually quite relevant to your review, because placement and acoustical surroundings has a lot to do with audio.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200

Dayum you guys so interested in the "technical" stuff but all you have to do is ask his parents what they think. I'm sure they'd have a lot of input about it. :p
    Home Speakers polkaudio [size=2.5]RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250[/size]

Car speakers polkaudio [size=2.5] EX 369, DB 650 [/size]

Treble - Sound
    Midrange - Middle Range Sound
    Bass - Sound

Tweeter - Driver
    Midrange - Driver
    Woofer - Driver

Now see, I figured leading off the review with treble you would understand this was based on sound and not drivers!! I guess I was wrong. I am terribly sorry for the confusion. I know what a 3-way, and 2-way, and even a 5-way consist of! I do not need the breakdown and I know what a crossover is, and I also know what a woofer, and tweeter, and midrange are. I do not need the 411. His questions were irrelivant, like the bass review, which clearly showed he didn't read the review itself. No I never said what the speakers were on, true. If you want to know something else my right main is 1 foot higher than the left. Do I think this makes them sound bad? NOPE! Sorry, Im in a grouchy mood.
    Last edited by VR3; 04-10-2003 at 09:40 PM.

RS,
    Read again -

Treble, the treble on the RT35i, is sometimes too forward at times. But with the placement I have and the amp; they are relatively smooth and natural. They exstend to as far as they go and dont strain theirselves like they did on the Yamaha.
    And...

Not to mention these speakers have ALOT of bass. I mean a crazy amount of bass, 50hz my @$$. Its not boomy, but tight, accurate bass.
    As you can see, its not loud annoying bass I am talking about, there is nothing wrong with the sound I hear. When I had them hooked up to the Yamaha, it was all effed!

Lets check this out......
    This mofo obviously didnt get past the heading, he didnt even read the effin review. He may have wanted a total sound reveiw, once again - he didnt read. The Treble and *midrange* is the SOUND, not the drivers, and below them is something called.....OVERALL. There is a short bass review within the midrange column. This dude didnt read ****TE muslim worth of my review and yet he wants to asks questions! Then he is gonna sit here and brake stuff down to me like Im some idiot, I am not down with that. That pisses me off!

This also is another reason I dont post much anymore, some people in here make their selfs look like literal idiots. I cant believe it, and when I write something they skip past the particulars and remember my age and assume I know nothing. This IS VERY EFFIN ANNOYING. Gosh darnit I don't have to put up with the BS.
    Last edited by VR3; 04-10-2003 at 10:03 PM.

"the woofer". Actually, it depends on the crossover point if the midrange is in "the woofer" or not. I'm going to say it's safe to assume that the RT35i's have midrange in both the tweeter and the "woofer" (I use that term loosely in this case).

If I have a speaker with 3 drivers, a 1" dome tweeter a 5" driver and a 8" driver, which one in the "woofer" in that case? The 5" driver would actually be considered the "midrange driver" and the 8" would be considered the "woofer".

I'm also assuming

HD = Home Depot
    RS = Radio Shack

My questions are actually quite relevant to your review, because placement and acoustical surroundings has a lot to do with audio.
    I know what a 3-way is, in fact.....I own a 3-way speaker. I know what my RT35i's are. I know what drivers they consist of, infact I know the frequency response, wattage, and every basic spec about the speaker. When I said midrange, I meant the mid sounds, as when I said Treble, I meant the highs. I also know that the sound enviorment deals alot with the sound. Well here is the enviorment, lets brake it down. The following pictures are included, lets look. Lets remember ladies and gentleman, that the right main is 1 foot higher. Lets also note ladies and gentleman that the left main is tilted in slightly more than the right main to get a center image. Lets also note for all craps and giggles that these are OLD pics! Lets ALSO for the final records for :supermad: ChrisDurano, that I do not need my parents input to decide how something is. :supermad:

Here is the left main, it is on a dresser. Proximately atleast 4 feet off the ground. Ear level when seating.
    Last edited by VR3; 04-10-2003 at 09:49 PM.

Here is the right main, in all laughing ability is atleast 5 feet off the ground, 1 foot above the ear while sitting, It is on a On-The-Wall shelf.

And for all laughs, here is why there is basically no BASS review....

Member Sales Rating: (11)

MX what are they trophys for? What sport? Looks like baseball or tennis.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert

Originally posted by danger boy
    MX what are they trophys for? What sport? Looks like baseball or tennis.
    Soccer (8 Years), basketball (5 years), baseball (3 years)
    Last edited by VR3; 04-10-2003 at 10:13 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

What is that little action figure on the left side? Or is that a trophy also?

Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

I love that wallpaper.....

It would go great with Dan's table blanket and Russ's carpet....

:D :D

Actually, I don't know how old you are, but by the writing and english that you use in your review, I'm assuming something in the teens. It also shows with your response to my question.

Let's not jump to conclusions on how I'm a "mofo" or a "literal idiot." Because you aren't exactly on your best behavior right now. Also, making personal attacks because I am asking questions about your review doesn't shine well on my opinion of you.

Thank you, drive through.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200

Originally posted by dorokusai
    What is that little action figure on the left side? Or is that a trophy also?
    That is a Transformer Toy from Japan, I bought it in a toy convention.

ATC, your not right

Actually, I don't know how old you are ::I am 14::, but by the writing and english that you use in your review, I'm assuming something in the teens ::You sir are correct::. It also shows with your response to my question. ::I responded like a pissed off teen that dont like to be treated like he knows nothing. I didn't mind your response until you started giving me the 411 on stuff, that was just rude in my opinion.::

Let's not jump to conclusions on how I'm a "mofo" ::I call everyone that:: or a "literal idiot." ::You treated me like one, how are you not one treating me like one when you thought I was one?:: Because you aren't exactly on your best behavior right now. ::Like I said, Im in a bad mood, and when you treated me like a 2 year old in a snow storm that wasn't cool.:: Also, making personal attacks because I am asking questions about your review doesn't shine well on my opinion of you. ::Let me comment on this, and let me explain why I got so mad at you, when you started to brake stuff down to me and explain BASIC stuff to me which you probally knew I knew, and were just trying to make me look stupid by explaining it, I didn't like that. If you would of dropped the 411 and kept to your questions and would of atleast READ the review, I wouldn't jumped on you. The first time I answered your questions, when I said they were irrelevant, I meant because you didn't read the review past the headings. Your second reply was total nonsense, asked two questions and gave me information I learned day 1! That was just not right, and this is my opinion, in my opinion of you which is not so great at the moment either. Seems we both headed off the wrong foot. Sorry for any inconvience I have caused you, and you really caught me in a bad mood last night. But next time, PLZ don't treat me like a idiot and I wont call you one.::

Thank you, drive through. ::5.99 plus fries::
    Last edited by VR3; 04-11-2003 at 07:45 AM.

Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Break it up , gentlemen.

Here is some viagra Steve, keep yourself occupied.

Here is some Transformer toys Trey, go play.

hehe All jokes, and all in good times. :)

Viagra? Pffft, I don't need that stuff. Just ask :insert someone's mom here:.

hahahaha
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200

funny how this all came about from a "RT35i" review.
    Home Speakers polkaudio [size=2.5]RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250[/size]

Car speakers polkaudio [size=2.5] EX 369, DB 650 [/size]

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Viagra? Pffft, I don't need that stuff. Just ask :insert someone's mom here:.

hahahaha
    Funny.that's what these guys said
    Attached Images  

Originally posted by ChrisDurano
    funny how this all came about from a "RT35i" review.
    Well seeing you have the RTi38, I would like to know what you think of them? How do they sound?
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC

Thread Information