My dsl modem has been giving me fits lately, it keeps going up and down, and it's been running about 2mgs when it used to run at or over 7. Now, I install high speed dsl eq as part of my job, so of course I wasn't really very excited to play with mine, but it had to be done. I've been doing every test I know with what eq I have a bit at a time, and I've never been able to come up with a valid reason why I had a problem. I even went through checked and reterminated all the splices and connections I had access to.
Well today, I come home and it's completly dead. So I changed out the power source, and I changed out the stupid rj11 cable....End of problem.
And I'm supposed to be some big gun tech. This has been going on for months. :p