Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default I need help connecting my Powered Sub PSW110

    Okay..i just bought the subwoofer..and i was wondering how could i connect to my home theater system.I have a Panasonic home theater system..Is there any way that i can connect it to it since my receiver does not have a "sub out" thing??and if i cant connect it ii guess im gonna have to return it..somebody please help

    this is the soround sound i have now..

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...ater&cp=2&lp=5

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmonds, WA
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    you will have to use the subwoofer speaker wire outputs (far left if yours is the same as the pictures) connect them to the speaker level inputs on the PSW. It may mean cutting and stripping the speaker wires at the 'speaker' ends, since your system uses a 'block' style connector at the receiver. Does it have a 'block' style connector at the subwoofer speaker? (from the HTIB) and just use the PSW10.

    Depending on your subwoofer placement location (the PSW) you 'might be able to run the speaker outs to the HTIB sub, using the left over piece, if you wanted to as well, but I would probally cut it at 1 foot from the end, to allow for the most flexibility in placement (FYI, keep the piece)

    It should add alot more bass, relative to what you have now, since that system only uses a 6 1/2" passive sub. (driven off of the HTIB amp)

    Enjoy :)

    Disclaimer: OP cuts wires at his own risk, since you probably won't be able to return it with cut wires. :(

    Attached Images  

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Help with Sony HTiB and Active Sub

    Hi,

    I have a similar question but my HTiB is a Sony DAV-DZ777 which has no sub preouts as well.
    Can I use the method as above, for the Pananosic HTiB??? I want to replace my passive subwoofer with an active using the speaker level input (either left or right)

    Please note my sub is rated @ 1.5 Ohms (Weird, innit?) 245W...

    Cheers,

    Johnny

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I have had a home powered subwoofer from Polk Audio for about 4 years. It worked great, loved it. Then, all of a sudden, it started rattling when any volume was used. I figured the speaker was blown so I bought the same speaker from Polf to replace the blown one. I installed it using the four screws that hold the speaker in place. My new speaker does the same thing! I don't know what to do. Please help. Now I have two speakers and no working bass.

    Thanks,

    Noel

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeast Va in the 757
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noellent View Post
    I have had a home powered subwoofer from Polk Audio for about 4 years. It worked great, loved it. Then, all of a sudden, it started rattling when any volume was used. I figured the speaker was blown so I bought the same speaker from Polf to replace the blown one. I installed it using the four screws that hold the speaker in place. My new speaker does the same thing! I don't know what to do. Please help. Now I have two speakers and no working bass.

    Thanks,

    Noel
    Stop threadjacking bro. Start your own thread.
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

    Office stuff

    Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

    Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default Wish I could

    How do I start a new thread?

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bridgeton NJ
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noellent View Post
    How do I start a new thread?
    Click the subject that correlates to your questions. Than click new thread and start one.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

    Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeast Va in the 757
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noellent View Post
    How do I start a new thread?
    Ok, log-in to the forum, upper left hand of the blue task bar click "user cp", then on the new page on the lower right use the drop down selector in blue and select speakers, on the new page in the upper left above the task bar click on 'new thread". away you go! Welcome to CP.
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

    Office stuff

    Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

    Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bridgeton NJ
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDScarface View Post
    Okay..i just bought the subwoofer..and i was wondering how could i connect to my home theater system.I have a Panasonic home theater system..Is there any way that i can connect it to it since my receiver does not have a "sub out" thing??and if i cant connect it ii guess im gonna have to return it..somebody please help

    this is the soround sound i have now..

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...ater&cp=2&lp=5
    My recommendation would be to upgrade your receiver to one that is not a all in one. A new one will run you around 200 or a bit lower and will give you better sound from your current speakers.

    If that is not an option take your speaker outputs and run them from the receiver to the speaker level inputs of the sub than out form there to your speakers. I am just thinking that sub is going to be overkill to what the rest of your system is.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

    Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
    My recommendation would be to upgrade your receiver to one that is not a all in one. A new one will run you around 200 or a bit lower and will give you better sound from your current speakers.

    If that is not an option take your speaker outputs and run them from the receiver to the speaker level inputs of the sub than out form there to your speakers. I am just thinking that sub is going to be overkill to what the rest of your system is.
    Which receiver would u recommend me getting??..and would i have to buy all new speakers..or can i keep them and just get the receiver??

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    My buddy is looking to get a blu ray player to go with his dvd htib. Will hooking up a blu ray player to the tv via hdmi for video and an htib dvd player via digital optical cable for audio work?
    __________________

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bridgeton NJ
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDScarface View Post
    Which receiver would u recommend me getting??..and would i have to buy all new speakers..or can i keep them and just get the receiver??
    Yes you can use your same speakers and your new sub as well. It all depends on how much money you want to spend for a new receiver.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

    Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gatineau, Quebec Canada
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
    Yes you can use your same speakers and your new sub as well. It all depends on how much money you want to spend for a new receiver.
    Some you have to be carefull with HTIB's speakers is the impedance as sometime it is lower than the average (IE: 2 ohms) and can damage typical receiver which are usually capable of 4 ohms at the lowest.

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (58)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    6 Underground
    Posts
    25,306

    Default

    I would not suggest modification of any HTIB to accomodate a Polk Audio subwoofer.

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gatineau, Quebec Canada
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    I would not suggest modification of any HTIB to accomodate a Polk Audio subwoofer.
    I fully agree (unless it is a Polk SB/IHT product which are not the typical HTIB crap (oups... sorry))

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
    Yes you can use your same speakers and your new sub as well. It all depends on how much money you want to spend for a new receiver.
    ok..i decided to buy this one..but when i connected all my speakers and the sub..the subwoofer doesnt seem to be putting out bass as it used to when it was to my panasonic receiver...is dat a good receiver??and how do i set it up so you can at least hear some bass/..cuz im not hearing bass how it should sound..

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+5...iver&cp=1&lp=2

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bridgeton NJ
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Well that is a start. Go into your setting of the receiver and make sure that sub is turned on. Also make sure that the rca cable is plugged into sub out or sub pre out on the back and going to one or the other inputs of the sub. Also check your gain on the sub and that the power is turned on.
    Last edited by bigaudiofanatic; 12-22-2009 at 11:08 PM.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

    Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
    Well that is a start. Go into your setting of the receiver and make sure that sub is turned on. Also make sure that the rca cable is plugged into sub out or sub pre out on the back and going to one or the other inputs of the sub. Also check your gain on the sub and that the power is turned on.
    OK..i checked it..and its on, and the cable is going trough sub pre out..and on the sub...its on the right LFE one...and what do you mean by the gain on the sub..its properly connected right. and i changed the fron speakers/and center to the small setting, and it sounds a little bit better..but i still cant really hear the subwoofer loud or rattle??what else can i do??..and i really appreciate u trying to help me!!

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (15)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,407

    Default

    Oh lord. This thread is a trainwreck.

    I think you posted another thread with this. I'll try to help you out there, but if you're looking for pounding bass and rattling, you bought the wrong sub.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bridgeton NJ
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Their is a gain knob on the back of your sub that you adjust how much bass is being put out. How much bass are you trying to get?
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

    Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
    Their is a gain knob on the back of your sub that you adjust how much bass is being put out. How much bass are you trying to get?
    well..im just trying to hear bass at this point!!..let me tell u what i should of told u a bit earlier..here's the problem...when i sit next to my subwoofer..i hear bass...but as soon as i start to move back to were i sit to play games and watch movies////i can no longer hear the bass...so like i said i can hear some bass when im sitting right next to my subwoofer..but when i move to were i sit i no longer hear it..

    now that I have told u that//do u think theyr might be a different problem??

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bridgeton NJ
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    That is something we all have to do. You need to get someone to help you and move the sub around the room until you find the sweet spot. I had to do this for my setup. My sweet spot is over in a corner about 2 ft from the wall. Different rooms can cancel bass out depending on where the sub is located. Just move it around until you find a good spot.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

    Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gatineau, Quebec Canada
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
    Oh lord. This thread is a trainwreck.

    I think you posted another thread with this. I'll try to help you out there, but if you're looking for pounding bass and rattling, you bought the wrong sub.
    This sub is definitely not suitable for someone looking to get earth quake feeling and to damage your house but it has plenty of bass for normal listener. I've used this for HD movie wahtching and placement is of course strategic not counting properly programming your AVR. Now, how about room size? Room threathment? None of this is mentioned in the thread but this is all so relevant...
    Last edited by TECHNOKID; 12-24-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. PSW110 - LFE, or L+R?
    By NaOH in forum Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 07:38 PM
  2. Need Help Psw111 or Psw110
    By hda3ku in forum Speakers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 09:07 PM
  3. Hooking up Powered Subwoofer To Powered Amplifier Port
    By Camden350 in forum Subwoofer Hookup & Bass Management
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 02:00 AM
  4. Subs: PSW303 vs. PSW110
    By vivarey in forum Speakers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 08:42 PM
  5. onkyo 604 & psw110
    By bionicmushroom in forum Subwoofer Hookup & Bass Management
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts