Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 69
  1. #31
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    The poor OP must be banging his head against the wall.

  2. #32

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Personally, I trust the guys that have used better cables and can attest to the fact that they are in fact better. There was a point in time when none of us knew any better and just wired our speakers up with whatever was laying around. Then, as upgrade-itis sets in and we do some research and read individual's opinions who've actually tried better equipment, we end up with cables that sound better. Period. My ears are a way better guide than google, as are the ears of countless audiophiles that swear by them.
    Home Theater
    RTiA5 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - PSW650 - Pioneer Elite SC-55 - Carver AV-505 - Sony 46" 120Hz - Monster HP 2400 - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3
    2 Channel
    Polk RTA 15TL - Harman Kardon HK3485 - HK DVD48 - Signal Cable IC's and speaker cables

  3. #33

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North of New Orleans
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    What are you talking about? The fact that you are a troll is well established. Therefore, my saying it is neither name calling or a personal attack.

    You seem to ignore the fact that Polk also mentions Monster Cable, Kimber Kable and AudioQuest, all of whom sell various cables not based on the wire gauge.
    This answer speaks for itself. No further comments are needed.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    This answer speaks for itself. No further comments are needed.
    There is one last comment. You always seem to throw most threads into a mishmosh of chaos.

  5. #35

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,225

    Default

    Reading is a very efficient, cost effective, and productive method to acquire knowledge.
    That is true about some things in life, but far from all.

    For example, you can't learn to drive a car by reading a book. You actually have to get behind the wheel. The same with audio cables, you have to try/hear them for yourself to be able to judge the sound.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  6. #36

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    This answer speaks for itself. No further comments are needed.
    I answered all 3 of your questions in one, short sentence. The fact that you missed it speaks volumes.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  7. #37

    Member Sales Rating: (37)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    5,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    This answer speaks for itself. No further comments are needed.
    Correct. No further comments are needed (by you).

    Every thread that you have ever been involved in seems to end this way.

    You stir the pot, add only other people's controversial input, and then move on to the next. Your agenda seems to be to find threads where honest questions are raised, and then intentionally provide information outside of the scope of what most seasoned Polk owners have experienced to be true.

    That is the accepted definition of "troll", so go in peace, back to the underside of your bridge.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

  8. #38

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    That is true about some things in life, but far from all.

    For example, you can't learn to drive a car by reading a book. You actually have to get behind the wheel. The same with audio cables, you have to try/hear them for yourself to be able to judge the sound.
    Just to add to that F1... I think there's two major things that u need to have initially to help with cable choice.

    1. A system able to reveal any changes.
    2. An intimate knowledge of your own system, good and bad points.


    I once was a disbeliever in cables making a difference (note i never said better). I never did feel the need to go off spouting to anyone who'd listen that they were a myth though...
    Last edited by polkie4life; 12-30-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    In terms of audio, i truly feel sorry for the visually impaired. How can they know what they like if they cant read google?


    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=86838

  9. #39

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North of New Orleans
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    Don't let the facts get in the way of your name-calling arguments.
    Learning to drive a car is really a straw-man argument. It is doesn't apply.

    My answer to the Op's question was a good answer.
    My answer included Polk Audio's recommendation which is in agreement with Roger Russell's wire table.
    Roger Russell is a trusted and respected source and frequently cited by experienced and knowledgeable audio people. The audio myths have been exposed.

    http://www.theguruguys.com/news/the-...d-cables-again
    http://www.ratsound.com/cblog/archiv...ovability.html
    http://www.audioholics.com/education...-cable-science
    http://www.randi.org/jr/2007-09/092807reply.html#i4
    http://www.ethanwiner.com/myths.html
    http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=179364
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=17739441
    http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/23/te...aker-wire.html
    http://www.verber.com/mark/ce/cables.html
    http://parseidon.com/general/ridicul...hile-equipment
    http://2eyespy.tripod.com/id3.html
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...g3.html?cat=15
    http://web.archive.org/web/200202140...t/abx_plac.htm

  10. #40
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    Don't let the facts get in the way of your name-calling arguments.
    Learning to drive a car is really a straw-man argument. It is doesn't apply.

    My answer to the Op's question was a good answer.
    My answer included Polk Audio's recommendation which is in agreement with Roger Russell's wire table.
    Roger Russell is a trusted and respected source and frequently cited by experienced and knowledgeable audio people. The audio myths have been exposed.

    http://www.theguruguys.com/news/the-...d-cables-again
    http://www.ratsound.com/cblog/archiv...ovability.html
    http://www.audioholics.com/education...-cable-science
    http://www.randi.org/jr/2007-09/092807reply.html#i4
    http://www.ethanwiner.com/myths.html
    http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=179364
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=17739441
    http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/23/te...aker-wire.html
    http://www.verber.com/mark/ce/cables.html
    http://parseidon.com/general/ridicul...hile-equipment
    http://2eyespy.tripod.com/id3.html
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...g3.html?cat=15
    http://web.archive.org/web/200202140...t/abx_plac.htm
    Again, we know you can read but what ICs have you tried out?, what speaker cables have you tried?, what were your findings?, did you notice any improvement in soundstage width or depth?, did you find the inner, subtle detail improvements or deficiencies. Share your experience instead of others or don't you have enough confidence in your abilities to do that.

    There are thousands of articles that can be posted directly opposite to what you've posted but we prefer to share our EXPERIENCES with different pieces of gear instead of posting what someone else has to say about it.

  11. #41

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,225

    Default

    My answer to the Op's question was a good answer.

    So, tell us all again what actual experience you have with audio cables? Oh snap that's right, you don't.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  12. #42

    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murray1 View Post
    Have a new set of RTiA5's and a Harman Kardon 3600. Need to know recommended wire gauge for both. Thanks
    Hey Murray,
    We have some pecker heads around here that are trying to cause more problems than assist you with your questions.

    Budget is critical and generally speaking you will be best served buying used cables. Also used cables are generally already burned-in for you so thats a plus. DIY's are fine but at the costs of used cables may not be worth the time and aggravation.
    Quality of wire is far more important than guage. Just ask George Daniel his impressions on the Morrow Audio's he currently runs. You can't go wrong with people like Audioquest Kimber MIT Signal Cable and so on. Just look at all the used cables http://buy.audiogon.com/cgia/glb.pl?cablspkr&&actg and find some in your budget. If you need any advice feel free to come back to the guys here for some sound advice, no pun intended. Like I stated earlier you can always flip them after awhile for different or upgraded cables. I prefer banana's because they are easy to work with. Its kind of funny that my current cables have spades all around but they were a good buy and came with spades so I went with them.
    Good luck and ignore the pecker heads who try to bring irrelevant testing into this. Most of the guys who offer advice here have actual experience listening to different types of cables.

  13. #43

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    Links from a paranormal debunker, an amature racing forum, a news source that gets paid by Bose for quotes on Bose commercials and a personal blog from a guitar player.
    What?! Wait... Did you just 'Google' "debunking audio cables" and copy/paste everything you found?

    I have very little fight in if cables make a difference. Why? Because I've not the budget to try it myself. I also don't have the budget for a system where it would really matter. BUT, saying it's all BS without trying it firsthand... I have beef with that.

    If a friend of mine tells me that Adriana Lima is crappy in bed, I've no right to go around telling everyone... However... If I sleep with Adriana Lima, and my wife somehow doesn't kill me... I can give a firsthand account and tell everyone what I know.

    ? Harmon Kardon AVR 55 (dead; replacing with Onkyo TX NR-616)
    ? Polk RTA 11TL's (FR and FL)
    ? Polk TSi200's (RR and RL)
    ? Polk CS10 (Center)
    ? Polk PSW-350
    ? Grado SR-60i Headphones
    ? Fii0 E5 headphone amp
    ? iPod touch (8 gig)
    ? iPod Classic (80 gig)
    ? Mac Mini (as media server)
    ? xbox 360


  14. #44

    Member Sales Rating: (15)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by concealer404
    And for Christ's sake.... why the HELL would anyone be so hung up on what they SEE on a TABLE or a VISUAL MEASURING DEVICE in a hobby that is about what you HEAR?
    Answer why someone would do this, troll.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

  15. #45

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Siberia
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by everpress View Post
    If a friend of mine tells me that Adriana Lima is crappy in bed, I've no right to go around telling everyone... However... If I sleep with Adriana Lima, and my wife somehow doesn't kill me... I can give a firsthand account and tell everyone what I know.
    Great analogy! Love it!
    I just went though a couple of weeks of cable research to power my newly acquired 1Cs. I will start a new link that outlines my journey for quality cables step by step. Many CP members have already made this journey but so many new members are asking about cables, I will share my findings from one noobe to another.

  16. #46

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North of New Orleans
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJPOLKER View Post
    Hey Murray,
    We have some pecker heads around here that are trying to cause more problems than assist you with your questions.

    Budget is critical and generally speaking you will be best served buying used cables. Also used cables are generally already burned-in for you so thats a plus. DIY's are fine but at the costs of used cables may not be worth the time and aggravation.
    Quality of wire is far more important than guage. Just ask George Daniel his impressions on the Morrow Audio's he currently runs. You can't go wrong with people like Audioquest Kimber MIT Signal Cable and so on. Just look at all the used cables http://buy.audiogon.com/cgia/glb.pl?cablspkr&&actg and find some in your budget. If you need any advice feel free to come back to the guys here for some sound advice, no pun intended. Like I stated earlier you can always flip them after awhile for different or upgraded cables. I prefer banana's because they are easy to work with. Its kind of funny that my current cables have spades all around but they were a good buy and came with spades so I went with them.
    Good luck and ignore the pecker heads who try to bring irrelevant testing into this. Most of the guys who offer advice here have actual experience listening to different types of cables.
    Calling people names doesn't make one's point, further the discussion or help anyone.

    Here is a practical suggestion for cable.
    Polk Audio lists the Phoenix Gold Wiring Kit on their website for your consideration.
    It includes two 50ft 16AWG speaker cable reels, one 13ft mono sub cable, and one 3.3ft HDMI cable.

    http://shop.polkaudio.com/



    Best Wishes.
    Last edited by xcapri79; 12-30-2009 at 04:15 PM.

  17. #47

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeast Va in the 757
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    You know what dude, I see where you are going with this.........trying to get CP members all pissed off about products that Polk carries because your trying to make a point. Point is Polk is in this business to make money period. Stop hate mongering here...Jesus!

    by the way.....Inglorious Basterds was a great movie!
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

    Office stuff

    Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

    Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan

  18. #48

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North of New Orleans
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    Calling people names doesn't make one's point, further the discussion or help anyone.

    Here is a practical suggestion for cable.
    Polk Audio lists the Phoenix Gold Wiring Kit on their website for your consideration.
    It includes two 50ft 16AWG speaker cable reels, one 13ft mono sub cable, and one 3.3ft HDMI cable.

    http://shop.polkaudio.com/



    Best Wishes.
    With respect to speaker wire, my point is that I agree with the recommendations of both Polk Audio and Roger Russell. I offered this good advice in response to the OP's question.

    When unfairly attacked with personal insults directed to Roger Russell and me, I defended us and presented ample evidence concerning documented audio myths.

    Since this has been brought up by others, with respect to the movie Inglourious Basterds, simply stated I do not support that movie because I support our troops and oppose anti-Americanism and anti-Semitism depicted in the movie hidden under the guise of a "turning the tables" parody, black humor, and gratuitous violence and torture.
    That is the last on that subject since that thread has been officially closed.
    Last edited by xcapri79; 12-30-2009 at 05:01 PM.

  19. #49

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJPOLKER View Post
    Hey Murray,
    We have some pecker heads around here that are trying to cause more problems than assist you with your questions.
    No kidding. Do you ever plan to stop?

  20. #50

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeast Va in the 757
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    With respect to speaker wire, my point is that I agree with the recommendations of both Polk Audio and Roger Russell. I offered this good advice in response to the OP's question.

    Since this has been brought up by others, with respect to the movie Inglourious Basterds, simply stated I do not support that movie because I support our troops and oppose anti-Americanism and anti-Semitism depicted in the movie hidden under the guise of a "turning the tables" parody, black humor, and gratuitous violence and torture.
    That is the last on that subject since that thread has been officially closed.

    he he he.........
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

    Office stuff

    Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

    Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan

  21. #51

    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2 View Post
    No kidding. Do you ever plan to stop?
    Nope LOL

    I was wondering when, not if, you were going to show your face. It is amazing how some people crawl out of the wood work to troll up a thread.

  22. #52
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    Calling people names doesn't make one's point, further the discussion or help anyone.

    Here is a practical suggestion for cable.
    Polk Audio lists the Phoenix Gold Wiring Kit on their website for your consideration.
    It includes two 50ft 16AWG speaker cable reels, one 13ft mono sub cable, and one 3.3ft HDMI cable.

    http://shop.polkaudio.com/



    Best Wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    With respect to speaker wire, my point is that I agree with the recommendations of both Polk Audio and Roger Russell. I offered this good advice in response to the OP's question.

    When unfairly attacked with personal insults directed to Roger Russell and me, I defended us and presented ample evidence concerning documented audio myths.

    Since this has been brought up by others, with respect to the movie Inglourious Basterds, simply stated I do not support that movie because I support our troops and oppose anti-Americanism and anti-Semitism depicted in the movie hidden under the guise of a "turning the tables" parody, black humor, and gratuitous violence and torture.
    That is the last on that subject since that thread has been officially closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2 View Post
    No kidding. Do you ever plan to stop?
    Willy I'll add you to this too. XCapri I have not personally insulted you in this thread. I have agreed with a member.

    I still don't understand how you can give advise on ANYTHING without experiencing it. Please could you and Willy share your experiences with ICs and speaker cables for the OP. I think if you are going to give advice you atleast owe him something other than what you have read . . . like your experience.

  23. #53

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,426

    Default

    I still don't understand how you can give advise on ANYTHING without experiencing it.
    I have experienced it, and explained that to you on a couple other occasions when you asked. Not my problem if you can't remember it.

  24. #54
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2 View Post
    I have experienced it, and explained that to you on a couple other occasions when you asked. Not my problem if you can't remember it.
    Sorry my memory is failing. I think your experience & opinion holds more weight than XCapri's as you have done some testing. If you say you've done some testing, I'll take your word for it.

  25. #55

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    6,114

    Default

    This ended up being a bit longer than I expected, so skip if you have ADD.

    Yesterday in the Bi-wire thread I mentioned I was going to upgrade my HT from hardware store 12 gauge twisted copper to Mapleshade Clearview Double Helix with Plus upgrade speaker cable. It turns out this was an all day job that killed my lower back, but it was worth it.

    I disconnected everything, completely gutted the room, cleaned the room, and then reassembled everything with the new cables. But, I also cleaned all the connections, and put a conductivity enhancer, Mapleshade SilClear, on the audio and AC connections. Consequently, because I made two changes at the same time to the HT, I cannot state which change makes up what percentage of improvement I heard. Unfortunately for the Luddites, there was a big improvement in sound quality once I put everything back together.

    First some HT history. A little over two years ago I upgraded the HT to an external amp (Sunfire TGA5400), and it really made the 4 LSi15s, and LSiC sound a lot better. It wasn’t that they did not sound great before (or so I thought), they sounded even better now. Because of that, I started wondering about the speaker cable. While I was aware of the existence of “better” speaker wire, I was still mostly old-school, and believed that all things being equal (metal, gauge, insulation, etc.), wire is wire.

    However, at the time I was using in the HT a mismatch of cable sizes (14, 16, 18), and one of the cables was 2 cables spliced together with wire-nuts. While this seemed to work fine (the longest run is 16 feet), I decided to “upgrade”, went to the hardware store, and bought a continuous piece of 12 gauge, stranded, twisted copper. I forgot the price, but it was inexpensive, low voltage wire.

    I then cut an exact length of wire to each speaker, and added 12 gauge jumpers to each speaker. Later that night during its test I remember thinking this is a lot better. It’s an obvious improvement. Unfortunately, this started me wondering if more expensive wire could provide an even better improvement. If the inexpensive upgrade worked so well maybe there is something to the “wire makes a difference” debate.

    A year later, after thinking about this subject, and reading all the CP threads, and other stories, I decided to try a moderately expensive cable upgrade in my living room 2 channel system, which by that time was all new, and relatively expensive, equipment, except for the speaker wire. In my mind $400 for an 8 foot pair of speaker cables is expensive, so I purchased the Mapleshade cable I later used in this HT upgrade. The difference in the 2 channel setup was night and day. The cable I was currently using came with my SDA-2 purchase in the late 80s, and while it was huge, twisted copper, it was slippery, and greasy to the touch, even after cleaning, so I think the hardware store cable was better than this stuff.

    Since this upgrade worked so well over the last year, I recently spent $825 for a new upgrade from Omega Micro Cables (Planar Speaker 1, bottom of the line), and this also was a positive step up with the 2 channel system providing more detail, lower bass response, and less bright highs.

    Back to the present, last night for a cable test, I watched the BR versions of Terminator 3, and The Fifth Element, which are my reference DVDs, since I like the movies, and have watched each one a dozen times, or more. Anyway, I am now hearing things in the sound track I either never noticed before, or things that used to be subtle backgrounds noises, are now more apparent. Music is also sounding a lot better on the LSi15s.

    To me, one of the pleasures of watching a movie is paying attention to what is going on in the background, and how the soundtrack is affecting the mood. They do give Oscars for the soundtrack, so you know someone is putting some thought and effort into it. In my mind this a big reason to try and have a good HT. There is so much more to a movie than a sub going boom, boom, boom.

    Last night I kept the sub turned off in order to clearly evaluate any difference in sound quality between the old and new wire. The LSi15s did a more than decent job of handing any low end so that the sub, while certainly useful, was not really needed to enjoy the movies. Anyway, with both movies I found myself watching the movie as if for the first time, and laughing at the new and improved sound. Something different was certainly happening here.

    Even if imaginary, it was definitely a worthwhile upgrade. So flail away, and keep telling me I am delusional, and not hearing anything different, no matter what the cable. Maybe I am, but I suspect the delusional shoe is really on the other person’s foot.
    Last edited by BlueFox; 12-30-2009 at 06:03 PM.

  26. #56
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Nice right up BlueFox. When was the last time I told you I love Mapleshade products?:D

  27. #57

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    6,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    When was the last time I told you I love Mapleshade products?:D
    Thanks. Never, once, two dozen times?? :D


    I need to try something different so that I can stop sounding as if I work there, but so far everything has worked as advertised, so its hard to change.

    However, I will take this opportunity to point out a weakness in the Clearview Cable, and the Mapleshade analog/digital interconnect design. They are extremely fragile, so you need to be very careful installing and moving equipment.

    The Clearview speaker wire is soft, solid copper, and must be 18-20 gauge it is so small. Both in the living room, and last night in the HT, I broke a wire off at one of the binding posts. Somehow, a few weeks ago, I, or a cat, ripped one of the analog ribbons from the RCA shell, so I need to return it for repair.

    So, while Mapleshade wire does itís job, if you have kids, pets, or are constantly moving your gear, you probably should look at something else.

  28. #58

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lincolnton, GA.
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by everpress View Post
    If a friend of mine tells me that Adriana Lima is crappy in bed, I've no right to go around telling everyone... However... If I sleep with Adriana Lima, and my wife somehow doesn't kill me... I can give a firsthand account and tell everyone what I know.
    Best analogy I have seen yet on the debate of cables.


    I would LOVE for someone to let me borrow some decent cables to test out for myself on my rather meager rig. And though, not doubting at all. I would love to hear the difference over the Monster cables I am presently using.
    --Gary--

  29. #59

    Member Sales Rating: (15)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    With respect to speaker wire, my point is that I agree with the recommendations of both Polk Audio and Roger Russell. I offered this good advice in response to the OP's question.

    When unfairly attacked with personal insults directed to Roger Russell and me, I defended us and presented ample evidence concerning documented audio myths.

    Sure, and 97% of us have provided more than ample evidence that we hear a difference and don't give a **** what we SEE on a screen.

    Answer my question.

    Quote Originally Posted by concealer404
    And for Christ's sake.... why the HELL would anyone be so hung up on what they SEE on a TABLE or a VISUAL MEASURING DEVICE in a hobby that is about what you HEAR?
    ANSWER THE QUESTION.

    While you're at it, please tell us what experience you have on the matter. And don't even bother trying to tell us about all the crap you've READ on the internet. We want to know what you've HEARD, since that's what the hobby is about. This isn't interior decorating with stereos. This is what it SOUNDS like.

    So answer the question.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

  30. #60

    Member Sales Rating: (43)

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    15,931

    Default

    X crapie's opion holds as much water as a sieve. Really who would have a Capri and brag about it enough to use it for a screen name. I guess if you set the bar for taste with a generic car like that you can't expect much from him audio wise
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Speaker Wire Gauge?
    By trinidesignz in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 01:02 AM
  2. WTB: 12 Gauge speaker wire spool
    By Refefer in forum Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 01:34 PM
  3. Speaker wire gauge.
    By jefft1314 in forum Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. What Gauge is this Speaker Wire?
    By gyver65 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts