Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    X crapie's opion holds as much water as a sieve. Really who would have a Capri and brag about it enough to use it for a screen name. I guess if you set the bar for taste with a generic car like that you can't expect much from him audio wise
    Mine wasn't generic and was certainly a head turner in jet black with 4 barrel V8 power, Hooker header rumble, and Centerline shine. At way less money new and modified, it could have any newer Camaro Z28, TransAm, or Datson 280Z turbo for dinner. Plus it could carry a stove in the back.

Had a lot of fun in it and kept it for a decade. It was terrible in the snow though and didn't like 40 below when I moved to Alberta. Sold it and got an AWD Chrysler extended minivan which was all the rage for multichildren families at the time - especially with those with kids who played hockey.:)

So criticize all you like. You are just jealous.;)
    Last edited by xcapri79; 12-30-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Main HT/2 ch:
    Pioneer SC-07, BDP-05FD, Emotiva XPA-5 x 2, XPA-1 x 2,
    Polk Audio LSi25, RTi12 x 2, LSi15 x 4, LSiC x 2, PSW1000 x 4,

MB HT/ 2 ch:
    LG 47LM5800, Pioneer SC-1523, BDP-23FD, Sony BDP-S790, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5,
    Polk Audio LSi25,15, CSi5, LSiFX, PSW505 x 4

Listening Room 2 ch:
    McIntosh MC162, MC202, C15, C41, C42, MA6500, MA6900, MCD201
    Emotiva RSP-2, RPA-1, ERC-2
    Adcom GCD 750, GFP 750, GFA 5802
    Polk Audio LSi7,9, 15

Quote Originally Posted by halo71 View Post
    Best analogy I have seen yet on the debate of cables.

I would LOVE for someone to let me borrow some decent cables to test out for myself on my rather meager rig. And though, not doubting at all. I would love to hear the difference over the Monster cables I am presently using.
    If you were in NZ halo i would lend you my cables to try. I just went from monster .5s biwire to A'quest rocket 44... What a difference, like night and day, has improved everything and i mean everything.
    In terms of audio, i truly feel sorry for the visually impaired. How can they know what they like if they cant read google?

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=86838

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Another example of why some people grow up and get it and some don't.

I had to edit this or should I say add to it.

LOSER you said it in your own words ,as follows

Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    Mine wasn't generic and was certainly a head turner in jet black with 4 barrel V8 power, Hooker header rumble, and Centerline shine. At way less money new and modified, it could have any newer Camaro Z28, TransAm, or Datson 280Z turbo for dinner. Plus it could carry a stove in the back.

Had a lot of fun in it and kept it for a decade. It was terrible in the snow though and didn't like 40 below when I moved to Alberta. Sold it and got an AWD Chrysler extended minivan which was all the rage for multichildren families at the time.

Last edited by NJPOLKER; 12-30-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post

Had a lot of fun in it and kept it for a decade. It was terrible in the snow though and didn't like 40 below when I moved to Alberta. Sold it and got an AWD Chrysler extended minivan which was all the rage for multichildren families at the time - especially with those with kids who played hockey.:)

I can visualize you now . . .

. . . ruffled collars, gold chains, and a disco ball dangling from that Capri's rear view mirror . . .
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    I can visualize you now . . .

. . . ruffled collars, gold chains, and a disco ball dangling from that Capri's rear view mirror . . .
    Naw, those guys drove Z28's and Datsun Turbos.
    They wouldn't know a Centerline from a party-line either.
    LOL.
    Last edited by xcapri79; 12-30-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    The poor OP must be banging his head against the wall.
    I know I am...
    panasonic th-50pz85u
    pioneer elite vsx-92txh
    pioneer elite bdp-05fd
    emotiva xpa-3
    monster power hdp 2550
    sa 8300 hd dvr
    sda 2b's
    fronts - rti a9's
    center - csi a6
    surrounds - fxi a6's
    sub - polk dsw pro 600
    harmony one

Hmm... this topic of wire, gage/quality of same, and ICs seems to be as, if not more, controversial than Christ's existance.
    Before I give my $.02 worth: If the RTi A5s have the same banana jacks as the RTi A1s, you can use 8 or 10 gage. I'm using fresh, new OFC AR 12 gage with my A1s (surround channels cut off @ 100hz) I plan to purchase A5s myself for front L&R. Using separate stereo amp for a CSI A6-I have the wire and channels available so why not!
    My EXPERIENCE on gage is simple: BIGGER IS BETTER!!. I've told these stories many times, but never on-line.
    Experience 1: a pair of speakers that I paid $650 in 1980. About 6 months after I got them I decided to rewire them w/12 ga monster cable. Did one cabinet. Reconnected it to my system w/the other the other speaker still stock. Had to set the balance control between 10 & 11 o'clock to "balance" the modest volume setting. when I did the other speaker that "balance" problem went away.
    Experience 2: about 10 years later, had a pair of subs with 2 12s in each, one driver daisey chained to the other. They came hard wired w/about 10' of 10 ga Monster cable. I EXO'd @ 110 hz, driving them with a Belles Series I power amp. One day I decided to rewire them. In a nutshell, I shortend the cable and gave each driver its own connection. Yeah that right-twice as thick, half as long. Had to make a signifcant change to XO LP setting because EVERYTHING sounded fat & heavy.

Experience 2 served to fortify my belief with experience 1. I plan to rewire all my HT speakers given time & bi-amp the LCR channels! I'll visit another time w/ my experience with ICs.
    So to anyone that preaches wire size doesn't matter... ...you best plan to take 29 years to change my mind! And it will be a hard sell!

Member Sales Rating: (5)

When am I going to learn? I just wasted another 20 minutes of my life.
    -Kevin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)

Polk LS 90's - Front
    Polk CS350 LS - Center
    Polk Monitor 50's - Rear
    JBL Northridge E150P - Sub

2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    Polk LS90's (spiked & tweeked)
    Cardas IC's
    Cardas Bi-Wire

Default New Year Corporate Karma

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    However, I will take this opportunity to point out a weakness in the Clearview Cable, and the Mapleshade analog/digital interconnect design. They are extremely fragile, so you need to be very careful installing and moving equipment.

The Clearview speaker wire is soft, solid copper, and must be 18-20 gauge it is so small. Both in the living room, and last night in the HT, I broke a wire off at one of the binding posts. Somehow, a few weeks ago, I, or a cat, ripped one of the analog ribbons from the RCA shell, so I need to return it for repair.
    Yesterday, I went to the Omega Mikro web-site to get some information on the Planar 1 speaker cable I had purchased, and really like for its performance. Anyway, I went to the Product page, and there were no products listed. My first thought was I screwed up, but after trying multiple times and finding no products, I sent an email to the “Contact us” link, and said I cannot see any products listed.

A few hours later I received an email from Ron Bauman thanking me for my input, and asking me to try it now, since there was a problem. It was working better, but still no speaker cables were displayed. One more email, and it was fixed. After that, I jokingly suggested I should get a discount on my analog cable repair.

Ron replied that it will be fixed for free.

For me, that is customer service, and a great way to end the year, and start the new.

Omega Mikro and Mapleshade are joint companies.

Omega Mikro
    http://www.omegamikro.com/

Thread Information