Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Angry how do I get a automatic phone dialer to stop calling me??

at least once or twice a day I get a automatic phone dialer calling me.. it's a 1-800 number. that I have no idea what the service is..

i call it back and it's just a modem series of dial tones.

how to i get it to stop or find out who the number belongs to?

I don't think anything bad is coming from it.. other than it's very annoying. Been going on for a few months now.

the number in case anyone has any ideas is 1-800-600-9030 that's 8006009030
    in case anyone knows how to spam this number.. i'm willing to put it out online every chance I get.. but don't want anyone else to be brudened by this annoying auto dialer.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

--Gary--

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Google it.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (0)

maybe its a fax?
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I had one call me several times a day for a couple of months.....annoying as hell. I tried to get my cell phone provider to block the number but they said they couldn't do it. It just went away on its own.

Good luck,
    Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

lol, I get several equivalent calls in Beijing...text messages, mostly trying to sell me real estate here!!

I have no intention of buying any property here, BTW! And it is annoying.

Plus for those who haven't heard there is/will be a housing BUBBLE here in Urban China very very soon that may or may not have significant affects on the global economy maybe as early as this summer.

A ton of apartment buildings are empty or under construction...and most apartments are priced above what the average Chinese citizen can afford.....welcome to American China!

Did someone say speculation! Nah...the fact that the RICH are sinking big money into this sector in the hope of SELLING high buying LOW--was not a smart idea.
    \
    cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 01-07-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (25)

I'm not sure if it will work or not anymore, but I recall hearing that a lot of automated systems will remove a # from its call list if it hears the "disconnected number" series of 3 tones (that escalate in tone-you know what I'm talking about). "We're sorry, the number you have called is no longer in service"

It was a trick that some people put at the beginning of their answering machine (or voicemail) messages.

Or heck--hook up your computer's modem or multifunction fax capable printer (if you have one) and see if they handshake.

Here we go, some more info on the tones (SIT).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_information_tones

You definitely don't want to here this when you need it most:

http://www.telephonetribute.com/audio/911ch.wav

is there a way to block this number from my cell phone? after doing a Google search..seems like i'm not the only one getting calls from this number. The forum I was reading said this is a non profit that gets around the DO NOT CALL list..

there is no solution.. but why call me when.. when I do answer the phone.. they never ask for anything. if it's a non profit org. ??

I wish I could send them a virus to their modem and have it wreck havoc on their system. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by halo71 View Post

Halo's link provides the answer:

"Amy - 29 Feb 2008FOLLOW UP! Because I never give up.. I figured out you can call this number and tell them to QUIT CALLING YOU. Here it is: (248) 655-2400
    Good luck!Caller ID: 1-800-600-9030
    Caller: TeleService USA
    Caller Type: Telemarketer
    Rating: 0 Thank You - 12 Apr 2008This really helped out thats for the infomation.
    For everyone else take this person advice this call back number is correct. Reply
    Rating: 0 Sam - 15 May 2008Thanks, Amy, for the phone number. Worked like a charm.

Poster named "Zeke" told of a way to block calls on AT&T (suppose it should work with other service providers):

If you have AT&T (SBC)then my BEST suggestion to all of you folks, is to get their "CALL SCREENING" feature for a few bucks a month. With it you can BLOCK UP TO 10 NUMBERS just by punching a few phone keys... After a call: *60, then #01#...which BLOCKS THE LAST # that called you EVEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE NUMBER! Or you can follow the automated instructions to enter a number, review what numbers are on your "LIST" or delete a number "07" after hearing it from your List. I've had this feature for several years and believe me, it's worth every penny if you get a lot of calls from the same annoying people over and over again. They may start using an alternate number, but just 'add' them to your list also. Get some peace in your life! It's a shame to have to spend a few bucks to stop these calls, but it's better than listening to their crap, getting aggrevated and upsetting your day.

It also helps to write your BLOCKED NUMBERS down; I use a 3x5 index card with the date also so I can edit my LIST after a period of time, to make room for another idiots' number. Hope this helps you all.Caller ID: 800-600-9030
    Caller: Teleservice based on other's calls
    Caller Type: Telemarketer
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Another plus for Google Voice - allows you to block as many numbers as you want :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

If you want them to stop calling you, you have to stop calling the 1-800 get a date lines.:D

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Put your number on the FTC's do not call list. Then they have to stop calling you for marketing purposes.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (15)

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    Put your number on the FTC's do not call list. Then they have to stop calling you for marketing purposes.
    Multiple people have tried that. It's a loophole for not-for-profit organizations apparently. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post
    is there a way to block this number from my cell phone? after doing a Google search..seems like i'm not the only one getting calls from this number. The forum I was reading said this is a non profit that gets around the DO NOT CALL list..

there is no solution.. but why call me when.. when I do answer the phone.. they never ask for anything. if it's a non profit org. ??
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

There are loopholes for market research, non-profits, and political use (imagine that!). There are rules on how they must identify themselves as meeting one of these exceptions to the law. I would make sure you turn them into the FTC and the Direct Marketing Association.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

I don't remember for sure but, I think if you dial *57 after you're called, and do it again after being called two more times, the phone co. will intercede. I think it costs $1.00-$1.50 each time though. I keep a freon boat horn to blast into the receiver whenever I'm called by a tele-marketer that's ignored my do not call status!:D

for my verizon wireless cell phone you can go into account security (if i recall correctly) and there is an option to block up to 5 numbers for free. If you have verizon wireless they have an online forum with lots of info

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I used to get a call from Charter Communications 2-3 times a day on my cell phone (my home phone) and I'm a customer of Charter as they are my personal ISP. I don't answer calls like that. If it was important they'd leave a message.

They eventually give up, but it sure is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    I' ve done that Doug, and it worked for awhile. What they neglect to tell you is you have to sign up on that list every year, over and over again. And even then, it only stops some of them,not all.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Pioneer 59AVI
    Pioneer BDP 320
    50 in. Pioneer Kuro pdp 5010
    FX 500 surround
    Reality cables
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Cary Xciter dac

this is a non profit that keeps calling.. i have signed up with the do not call list.. takes up to 30 days for it to activate.

What I did was download the tone that plays for a disconnected number...the do do do, we'e sorry but this number is no longer in service....when the phone rang, i picked it up and played the tone. The autodialer is programmed to recognize the do do do part as a non viable number and they take you off the list for real.

Worked great and no more stupid pharmaceutical salesman.
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Airplay355 View Post
    What I did was download the tone that plays for a disconnected number...
    Absolute.

Genius.

Thread Information