Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    Default PSW111 w/ no boom

    It did work fine, nothing was changed.

    Receiver is an Onkyo TXSR705

    I'm not getting anything out of my sub. It's hooked up correctly (LFE, I did try a different cable w/ same results) and it has power (LED's are lit up)....I cranked up all the levels (including the sub setting in the receiver)...when calibrating speaker levels in the Onkyo, I get a very faint (barely audible) sound through the sub (even when it's cranked)...not the rumble I used the get.

    Do you guys think this is a sub issue or a receiver issue?
    Last edited by powerfreak; 01-08-2010 at 03:17 PM.

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...
    Posts
    5,189

    Default

    if you have another sub to try plug it in. you'll know quick enough.
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

    RT1

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amulford View Post
    if you have another sub to try plug it in. you'll know quick enough.
    I don't have another one. I gotta see if I can borrow one to try out.
    Last edited by powerfreak; 01-08-2010 at 03:51 PM.

  4. #4
    Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Have you set all of the speakers to "small" in the set up menu?
    What is the subwoofer crossover frequency set to in the set up menu?
    You can test the subwoofer by connecting the left and right audio RCA line outputs from your DVD player directly into the filtered line inputs. Set the volume control to 10 o'clock position and turn the low pass crossover dial fully clockwise. Keep us posted on your results.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Have you set all of the speakers to "small" in the set up menu?
    What is the subwoofer crossover frequency set to in the set up menu?
    You can test the subwoofer by connecting the left and right audio RCA line outputs from your DVD player directly into the filtered line inputs. Set the volume control to 10 o'clock position and turn the low pass crossover dial fully clockwise. Keep us posted on your results.

    OK, think I narrowed it down...I ran a CD player to it w/RCA's...still only a REALLY faint sound...even when it's cranked all the way up. So I guess it's an amp issue (in the sub)?

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (58)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    6 Underground
    Posts
    25,306

    Default

    Connect it in place of your right or left loudspeaker and see if the condition changes. The CDP is a poor choice as the output voltage is usually too low.

  7. #7
    Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    725

    Default

    It may be an amplifier issue. Where and when was the sub purchased?
    Do you hear any buzzing or rattling at these lower levels?
    This would indicate a blown driver.

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    Connect it in place of your right or left loudspeaker and see if the condition changes. The CDP is a poor choice as the output voltage is usually too low.
    ok...tried that. Hooked up the speaker wires from one of my front speakers into the speaker input on the sub...played some music. I can hear the music, but still it's really faint, even-though the sub vol is cranked.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    It may be an amplifier issue. Where and when was the sub purchased?
    Do you hear any buzzing or rattling at these lower levels?
    This would indicate a blown driver.
    no buzzing or rattles

    purchased from crutchfield in aug '08. It is still under warranty...right?

  10. #10
    Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Yes it is. Give us a call with the serial number and purchase date, and we will be glad to help. The serial number will start with an "AM" prefix followed by 8 to 9 numbers.

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Yes it is. Give us a call with the serial number and purchase date, and we will be glad to help. The serial number will start with an "AM" prefix followed by 8 to 9 numbers.
    OK, will do. Thanks for your help.

    Will I have to ship the entire thing back, or just pull the amp out?

  12. #12
    Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    725

    Default

    We will need just the amp.

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    We will need just the amp.
    great, thanks. I'll call monday.

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    Default

    new amp is on the way...thanks for your help Kim.

    BIG props to Polk for great customer service...hard to find these days.

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gatineau, Quebec Canada
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerfreak View Post
    new amp is on the way...thanks for your help Kim.

    BIG props to Polk for great customer service...hard to find these days.
    Agreed! Stick around and you'll find Polk is much more than what you can imagine :)

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (58)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    6 Underground
    Posts
    25,306

    Default

    Kim is a handsome devil in person. I have a cardboard cutout of him and Ken Swauger in my spare room.

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Are they in the same room as your Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers cutouts? :)

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gatineau, Quebec Canada
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    Kim is a handsome devil in person. I have a cardboard cutout of him and Ken Swauger in my spare room.
    This is getting a little scary Mark, what else have you got hiding in those dark rooms of yours

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help PSW120 with no boom
    By jarino in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
  2. BOOM!!! Gotta see this.....
    By treitz3 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 09:22 PM
  3. Boom-Dee-A-Da, Boom-Dee-A-Da, Boom-Dee-A-Da, Boom-Dee-A-Da
    By George Grand in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 06:41 PM
  4. New boom boom machine...
    By Blueroom in forum Subwoofer Hookup & Bass Management
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 10:35 AM
  5. Too much Boom from my RT16's
    By venomclan in forum Speakers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts