Vist our Online Store
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lsifx (pair)

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Always check out the hall of shame too.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Does anyone agree with me in thinking that ebay was a reasonable safehaven for making such a transaction? I've been using it for a couple of years now and this is the first real "incident" i've had. I think it becomes excellent grounds for filing fraud charges.

Thoughts?

I do. Ebay is fairly safe. Not just because of the rules but also because most people are honest. For those who are not, well, there is the court system, public forums and an eternity of bad Karma waiting for them! Heh heh...
    madmax

The whole situation is such an enigma to me though. He's got the money, he left me POSITIVE FEEDBACK, he told me he shipped them and told me he would send me a tracking number.... but didn't. I just hope, for his sake, that those speakers are at my door tomorrow. That way, I can give UPS an earful and not anyone else. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, there is still no excuse in the world for ignoring my emails.

He is a truck driver. Gone for several days at a time. I'm not taking up for him and if you read all the crap from the past you will see why. It's just that after monitoring his ebay past he seems to follow through about 30% of the time. That gives you 30 chances out of a hundred that you will receive your speakers. It is a cesspool at best but be hopefull. I thought about filing suit myself but after a couple of threats and such I decided not to. At best I would spend about $300 and end up getting re-imbersed for about $400. I've been putting it off but I'm thinking I may still pursue it if he keeps ripping people off. I mean what's a couple of hundred if you get satisfaction?
    madmax
    madmax

Member Sales Rating: (13)

[QUOTE]im done selling anything anymore on this forum or anywere else. [/QUOTE]

Looks like Scott, I mean littlebaby, can't keep his word about anything. One effn lie after another...........pathetic!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Agree F1, pathetic is the word for it.

I remember George's vow in one of the HOS threads to sniff out any listings Scott made here, ebay, Audiogon, wherever and warn the Club... and damned if he wasn't able to do it a couple times. If I knew how he did it, I'd take up the effort.

icecycles,
    The above is why I was asking how you knew earlier in the thread.
    BTW I ebay and to date I have had only one seller who over rated the condition of the item I bought not make good. Two have actually rebated part of my winning bid. One when damage occurred in shipping due to his poor packaging. The other when an "excellent condition" amp showed with a severly scarred up top cover.
    One of our members (can't remember who right off) did fall prey to the couple in Arizona that made the news by scamming over $200,000 on ebay and running off to Colorado.

Wodom,
    Thanks for the thread links. Had not seen a couple of them before and they filled in a few blanks for me.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by audionutt [/i]
    [B]Again a old man with 2 ****ed up kids with nothing better to do!
    if someone wanted to buy my goods they would have done it by now.there ways around everything.suckers.
    scott:cool: aka"joe" from southbend:lol: [/B][/QUOTE]
    As Troy said of the above at the time, it should have been enough to earn a ban from this Forum, not that that would have helped icecycles. The thing is that even if you ignore the insult specific to George, which I choose not to do, there’s the one to this Forum as a whole. Flaunting the fact that he can take out new “names” and scam again is way over the top. "Can you say, True Colors? I knew you could.” It more than undoes all his past denials, arguments, rationalizations, etc.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by brettw22 [/i]
    [B] I know we've said this in the past, and I'm wondering if we can get everyone to COMPLETELY ignore his posts, other than to have someone post where he's trying to scam someone in yet another transaction that won't ever happen........ [/B][/QUOTE]
    Good job Brett, the above was the best bit in all of the reading. It’s effectively what I was doing and what has happened in this Forum excepting a few newbies who don’t know better. I even commented to F1 in an outside communication that I almost feel sorry for the guy. Well after reading this thread, I’ll never be anywhere near there again.

So I herewith publicly renew my pledge to never post in Scott’s threads, reply to his comments or otherwise acknowledge his existence with the exception of warning folks should I ever see him trying to work a deal in this or any other web-site.

One thing to remember is that this thread started off about a deal gone good. Thought it’d be good to close with a little faith restoring thought…
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Member Sales Rating: (40)

"littlebaby68(4) Feedback rating: 4 with 75.0% positive feedback"

Looks like Skarvan was right, 3 out of 4 stars for integrity. He has integrity 75% of the time.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

So did you get your new speaks today?
    madmax

Default lol

Well, No.

However, the man himself did email me. He shipped them TODAY (as opposed to last Monday when he said he did). Tracking numbers and everything came with today's email :). I decided I'd wait until they got into UPS's system before jumping for joy so I could verify their size to make sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting.

He's pissed at me. Something about violating rules that Micah had posted about leaving email content out of posts. Blah blah blah (no disrespect to the Micah or the forums)

Oh well. I got results. I'm happier. Let me recieve my flogging if need be.

None of this changes the fact that I was lied to, and he has admitted that he did, with his reasoning being that he had a difficult time packaging them. All of this, of course, AFTER I told him TWO weeks ago to take whatever time he needed for packaging, because they don't exactly make these anymore. Why he felt the need to lie to me anyway, I don't know.

Anyhow, thanks to the rest of you for your support. Means a lot.

Peace Ya'll

Member Sales Rating: (4)

If anyone deserves a flogging here it's Scott. Don't worry about what you did. What you did is fine and apperantly successful.

This is just more proof that Scott can't be trusted and has no intention of changing his ways. I swear there should be a sticky in the for sale forum with something about him.

Let us know how everything goes when you get them.

I will keep you posted. Scheduled delivery is Wednesday.

told you it doesn't take a week

:)

Default Re: lol

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by icecycles [/i]

He's pissed at me. Something about violating rules that Micah had posted about leaving email content out of posts. [/QUOTE]

You didn't post the contents of any emails, so no floggings for you. Hell, he's pissed because he got caught in a lie...........AGAIN!!!:rolleyes:

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Awesome bro glad you will get your speakers. I was hoping this would happen, I didn't want it wouldnt be another big ordeal, and while it wasnt a perfect transaction, I am glad that you will probably be rockin' come Wednesday. Take care man, and enjoy! Mike

[B]
    He's pissed at me. Something about violating rules that Micah had posted about leaving email content out of posts. Blah blah blah (no disrespect to the Micah or the forums) [/B][/QUOTE]

Huh? I never heard of that one. There is nothing about that "rule" in the ten posting rules. Nothing at all. That being the case I would suggest he not email forum members in the future.
    madmax

[B]Oh well. I got results. I'm happier. Let me recieve my flogging if need be.[/B][/QUOTE]

Let me be the downer on this one........

As of now, you don't have $hit!!!! Until you have a pair of speakers that is in the condition that you were told they were in, and they've been unpackaged and working perfectly, you have squat.

By all means I hope you get your stuff, but even when things have shown up in the past from him, it hasn't been a happy ending.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

Thanks for the reality check dude. I'm usually my own source of pessimism, but you're right either way. :)

There was, after all, only ONE photo on the ebay listing. who knows what the other one might be.

I'll post photos and such when I get them in. As far as how they sound, my best friend, a sound engineer, has a set of M12 Series 2's that he's had for a long time and his are in mint condition, so if I really need comparison, I can bring him in.

Don't get me wrong, I DON'T expect really excellent looking speaks. My friend told me that the grills on those M12s are quite fragile. Sonically, though, I expect some pretty dang good sound, and I don't think that's asking a lot.

Thoughts?

this was not a forum deal! it was outside of the forum so you all go back to talking cable,speakers,preamps or rehash the same old threads all you want. iceman brought this from a privete deal to this forum.weither you think i was going to rip this guy off i really don't care.its amazing that you guys would think that i would rip someone off again. sometime ago i recieved a email as did a couple other people( you know who you are)about keeping privete deals in privete. you wanted them packed right did'nt ya??
    its funny it takes someone thinking there getting ripped off to bring all the guys who have nothing better to do then jump on the bandwagon.this forum has gotten boring over the last several monthes so ill think ill pull a ronskarven and see ya!!!
    have fun with the m12's oh did i mention i put new tweeters in them? your welcome.

scott:cool:

OK Scott, since you're out the the open now...

Yes, as everyone is already aware, I told you to take whatever time you needed to package them. Why did you come to me a week after that and LIE to me by telling me you shipped them? What did that accomplish?

Let me spell this out for you: Telling someone that you have done something, (i.e. telling me you shipped my speaks) when you actually have NOT (i.e. when you, in fact, had NOT). We call this a LIE.

On top of that you completely ignored any attempts to contact you after that.

Was I supposed to think "Oh well gee, he's got the money... He'll come around. It's only been TWO WEEKS since the auction was over. And he TOLD me they shipped (except I can't track them because he hasn't gotten back to me with those elusive tracking numbers) Even though I know he is near a computer and could drop me a note to let me know what's going on (because you were dropping posts on the forum) I'm sure he's got reasons for avoiding 3 emails."

From everything that was going on what else could I think but that you had taken the money and ran? Then I came here and got a little history lesson on your track record which certainly didn't give me anything extra to hope for.

It sounds like there are a couple of other people here you need to own up to.

When I gave you my money, I gave you my trust. You violated it. Sorry, dude, you lose.

Old School

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wangotango68 [/i]
    [B]...its amazing that you guys would think that i would rip someone off [i]again[/i]... scott:cool: [/B][/QUOTE] ‘nuff said…

[B]...so ill think ill pull a ronskarven and see ya!!!scott:cool: [/B][/QUOTE] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img][img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img] [img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-069.gif[/img]
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

good, we really didn't want you here anyway. have fun stealing from people and enjoy hell

no you lose...just wait.

scott:cool:

I refuse to make threats or volley yours back at you, Scott. I've got a little more dignity than that.

See ya around.

you do? that why you ran to have other people solve YOUR problem. look in the mirror.

Well, if you'll read the threads, you'll see that I came here to track YOU down. I was following YOUR posts. This is not the only thread where I put a post after you, asking you where my M12s were.

There is this nice little feature called SEARCH where I could type in your forum handle and find out when you last posted which happened to be AFTER you dropped off the face of the planet for a week.

I never came here looking for help. There just happen to be decent helpful human beings who post here; some of whom have put up with your BS in the past.

I never made threats. I simply stated that I was not going down without a fight. Remember, you were conveniently nowhere to be found until you shipped my speaks yesterday.

Default The M12s have arrived

Got the M12s today.

Just so everyone knows. Scott decided he'd take out the SL2500 tweets (the ones pictured in the auction) and replace them with some reject Peerless pieces of crap. Luckily, I had some SL2500s on hand and all is up, running and rocking the house.

Negative feedback has been left. Not sure about the fraud yet considering I didn't receive what I was supposed to.

Thoughts?

[B]no you lose...just wait.

scott, the [img]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/grinser/grinser036.gif[/img] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll give him one thing, he's consistently showed his total lack of morals and self respect. That's alot to be proud of Scott. :rolleyes:

Might as well let it go. Don't want karma turning on you.

Speaking of karma, I jumped in here last night just to see if you got your speakers or if anyone else was flaming Scott and lucked into an excellent deal on some Lsi 15's and an Lsi center from a member named Jimmie in SC. Real nice guy. In a way I guess I have to thank you guys because otherwise I would have missed them.

madmax

lcuky guy :)
    Some polks and stuff

Thanks Dlew!
    madmax

Thread Information