Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Default ok ben...whered you get your drivers for the polkensteins?

i was wondering where you get the speakers for your giant arrays. is there an outlet or something for speaker components?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Ebay and other Polk members w/the exception of the Morel tweeters which he bought at either Madisound or Parts Express.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

link to pictures heiney?

Banned

so..... know anybody thats got 8 of those drivers laying around? also a couple of pr s and some peerless would be nice too.

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Ebay and other Polk members w/the exception of the Morel tweeters which he bought at either Madisound or Parts Express.
    Yep. Also from Polk directly.
    I am tearing them down so I am selling of the drivers. 126DB is just too much. I will however miss the punch.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Banned

really! i aim to make some 1cs. i have a guy to build the crossovers (schematic and parts anyway ill assemble) so i guess i have dibs then haha. when you plan on doing the teardown?

Member Sales Rating: (12)

why not sell them as they are? They are a monsterous work of art that should be preserved.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Quote Originally Posted by mhmacw View Post
    really! i aim to make some 1cs. i have a guy to build the crossovers (schematic and parts anyway ill assemble) so i guess i have dibs then haha. when you plan on doing the teardown?
    Already getting torn down. I need money more than ego.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (41)

For my sda's it was cheaper to look for complete speakers with matching drivers. I bought a couple pairs of RTA 8's for about $75 bucks a pair. Not bad for four drivers and two tweeters.

I have about ten extra drivers but I'm keeping them for a rainy day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    For my sda's it was cheaper to look for complete speakers with matching drivers. I bought a couple pairs of RTA 8's for about $75 bucks a pair. Not bad for four drivers and two tweeters.

I have about ten extra drivers but I'm keeping them for a rainy day.
    i love that idea! i just came across the rta 15tl and think ill do circles in the living room for an hour then decide haha.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Good luck with your build.................the x-overs are about 25% of the total SDA package, I hope you are well versed in speaker building and have access to the proprietary info Polk has about building a proper SDA. I assume you know the exact dimensions of the driver spacing and angles in the baffle as well as the volume and which model drivers to use where, etc. Ben got a great deal of help from Ken Swauger (retired) and Matt Polk (retired) as well as other engineers to get his done. I don;t believe he's at liberty to share that information. ;)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

SDA's are neither rare nor expensive....so why not just buy a pair that's been correctly built....then if the mood strikes, mod them from there?

Frankenpolks are a lot of bad sound and a waste of good drivers.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Thread Information