Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RTi4 or RTi6

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default RTi4 or RTi6

Debating between RTi4 or RTi6 as rear speakers. Currently have an HK AVR 347 running off an Adcom 555 with RTi12's (i love these speakers). Pretty much getting the CSi5 for the center channel and wanted to know how the RTi4's sound with the 12's and CSi5 combo? For overall SQ which is better?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mauskar View Post
    Debating between RTi4 or RTi6 as rear speakers. Currently have an HK AVR 347 running off an Adcom 555 with RTi12's (i love these speakers). Pretty much getting the CSi5 for the center channel and wanted to know how the RTi4's sound with the 12's and CSi5 combo? For overall SQ which is better?
    I have not heard either but being from the same line, I'd imagine they sound very similar. Slightly better bass from the larger woofer in the RTi6 but as rears with an 80hz cutoff from your room calibration, I doubt you would hear any difference. I am debating between these two for fronts and will probably end up with RTi4s because they are more readily available and cheaper.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I've got both 4's and 6's. 6's are better all around and to be blunt I was suprised by that figuring they would sound similar.

4's are ok for surrounds but I wouldn't want to listen to them as my only speakers.
    Aaron

thanks for the replies. basically trying to complement my front and center channel (RTi12 and Csi5). So dont need bass, but more concerned with SQ...

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I have the RTi6 as my main and using 4's for my surround. Get the 6 if you can, but IMO, you can't go wrong with the 4's either. Both are stellar performers as far as bookshelves go.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

I agree, they're both tonally well balanced. I'd suggest the pair you get the best deal on.

$150.00 for the pair. Is that a fair deal for them? does anyone know any deals for the Rti6's?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

$150.00 for the pair. Is that a fair deal for them? does anyone know any deals for the Rti6's?
    Well, I got my RTiA3s (the successor to the RTi6) for $219/pair on the Polk Ebay site - but you'll have to be patient for another pair to show up.

They say patience is a virtue... :D

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

thanks
    I have the rti6's for surrounds and have been very pleased with their performance. As stated, the 4's would work well too.
    "They're always talking about my drinking, but never mention my thirst" Oscar Wilde

Pre-Amp: Anthem AVM 20
    Amp: Carver TFM-35
    Amp: Rotel RB-870BX
    Fronts : SDA 1B w/ RDO-194s
    T.V.:Plasma TC-P54G25
    Bluray: Oppo BDP-93
    Speaker Cables: MIT Terminater
    Interconnect Cables:DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1isonic

I have the RTI4's down in the basement hooked up to a pioneer amp that's over 15 years old! It sounds great...and probably would sound better if I had a better amp running them. I'm quite happy with them. Got them for $149/pair on a boxing day sale here in Canada.

So been researching, and wanted to know if the Monitor 40's would be better than the Rti4's for rears? Everything I have read about them are good.

Or since I have RTi12's should I stick with RTi series speakers

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I'd stay in the series...it will give you a more seamless sound....you don't need the extra bass back there...let your SUB handle that!

cnh

Thread Information