Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SDA Help

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default SDA Help

Hello all, I just herd of the SDA speakers yesterday when a friend asked me if I wanted to buy a pair of his fathers speakers. It says SDA2 left on the back, what should I look for to make sure they are in good working order and will they do well with my Yamaha RX-2400. This is list of all my gear so if I get them how should I hook them up and what should I keep and sell or give away. Yamaha RX-V2400, Pioneer VSX-D1S, Sony TA-AX390 Amp. 2 Jensen JP1 1500, 2 JP 1300, 2 Jensen J3, Jensen JPS 12 sub, Mitsubishi M-C200 center. My room is 15 by 15 and mostly listen to streeming video, cd and play video games. Thanks. Mark

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Welcome to Club Polk. SDA's really need an amp. How many tweeters are in the pair you are buying?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    Welcome to Club Polk. SDA's really need an amp. How many tweeters are in the pair you are buying?
    Will find out.

welcome to the club! Ben is right, they do need an amp but if they are in good condition I would suggest buying them and building from there. Great speakers!

-Aaron

Member Sales Rating: (12)

The SDA's should sound ok with what you have currently, but will not really come to life until they are properly driven by a good amp. I would not push them to hard until then.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    The SDA's should sound ok with what you have currently, but will not really come to life until they are properly driven by a good amp. I would not push them to hard until then.
    Mark,

John is most certainly giving you the right advice and I for one couldn't agree more.
    That being said, did I mention yet how happy I am for you that you're getting SDA's ???
    Congratulations Mark and Happy Listening Sir.-------BILL(BB3)
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio SDA-CRS+(Compliments Of Mr. Jim Thomas"jtgranby")
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's

Thread Information