So here's the dilemma; I am trying to determine the best investment for my next purchase. I need to upgrade my audio source component(s). Currently I have a Panasonic DVD recorder doing double duty as a CD Player and DVD Player. I got it from Best Buy 3 or 4 years ago. It gets the job done but I know there is plenty of room for improvement.
I listen to a lot more CD music than DVD music (concerts, etc). That being said my budget is (always) limited and I am looking for bang for the buck. I would say I watch concert DVD's about 30% of the time and listen to CD's the other 70% of the time.
I am contemplating on whether my money would be better invested in a dedicated CD player such as a NAD C545BEE, a DVD player that will also carry the primary load as a CD player like a Denon DVD-2930CI or a full-on Blu-Ray (which will also carry the CD and DVD load) like Sony's BDP-S5000ES.
I also had the idea of keeping my current DVD player as a transport and purchasing a DAC but there are so many I would not even know where to start. Suggestions are appreciated on that direction.
I know these all of these options are different price points. However, I can not afford any of them at the moment so my primary goal is to get some input, make a decision and set my savings goal.
Right now the rig consists of Polk Audio RT8's and an NAD C326BEE Integrated Amp.