Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Wiring information on rtia7

Hello guys,

i pulled the trigger and got a pair of rti a7, rti4 for surrounds and csi3 center. I will be moving them (before i get an amp that is) with a brand new pioneer elite vsx-23txh.

I guess my question is as follows. Can i set up the speakers so that all speakers run together in ht using speakers a setup and run the fronts only using an external amp using speaker b?

Meaning if i am watching tv the receiver moves all of them (including the a7), but for 2 channel using the external amp just by switching speaker a for b.

I hope that the question makes sense.

Any input would be greatly appreciate it.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Welcome to CP!
    You will definitely want an external amp to push those A7's. You have to leave them on front L&R to have your HT setup right. A7's through the B channel is not good for what you are looking to do. Just switch it to stereo mode when listening to music.
    It's all in the detail.

HT Setup:
    Samsung PN50D550
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Samsung BD-D6700
    Fronts: RTi10's
    Center: CSi5
    Side surrounds: RC65i's
    Rear surrounds: FXiA4's
    Sub: Velodyne CT120
    Outdoor: Atrium 45's

Pictures here

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by lectronicjunkie View Post
    Welcome to CP!
    You will definitely want an external amp to push those A7's. You have to leave them on front L&R to have your HT setup right. A7's through the B channel is not good for what you are looking to do. Just switch it to stereo mode when listening to music.
    What you are saying is that you think an amp would be nice to have... Not that it's "definitely" required, correct? Because, that AVR should be able to drive the A7s pretty well on its own.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by mdaudioguy View Post
    What you are saying is that you think an amp would be nice to have... Not that it's "definitely" required, correct? Because, that AVR should be able to drive the A7s pretty well on its own.
    Yes, the AVR will push them of course but a nice high watt amp would make a big difference on the sound that comes out of them.
    It's all in the detail.

HT Setup:
    Samsung PN50D550
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Samsung BD-D6700
    Fronts: RTi10's
    Center: CSi5
    Side surrounds: RC65i's
    Rear surrounds: FXiA4's
    Sub: Velodyne CT120
    Outdoor: Atrium 45's

Pictures here

Quote Originally Posted by EDUBAG View Post
    Hello guys,

i pulled the trigger and got a pair of rti a7, rti4 for surrounds and csi3 center. I will be moving them (before i get an amp that is) with a brand new pioneer elite vsx-23txh.

I guess my question is as follows. Can i set up the speakers so that all speakers run together in ht using speakers a setup and run the fronts only using an external amp using speaker b?

Meaning if i am watching tv the receiver moves all of them (including the a7), but for 2 channel using the external amp just by switching speaker a for b.

I hope that the question makes sense.

Any input would be greatly appreciate it.
    The short answer is no. This is because you can only connect the RTiA7's to either the speaker outputs or to an external amp via the preamp outputs. You can't connect them to both and switch between the two.
    You would need a separate set of speakers to do that.

For similar reasons, I have my speakers set up like that myself.
    I have my LSi's connected to separate amps via the pre-amp outputs and a Polk Surroundbar 50 along with a set of RTi12's connected directly to my AVR speaker outputs.
    It is easy to switch between them using the speaker on/off switch on the AVR and the on/off switches on the amps.

Does this help?

Main HT/2 ch:
    Pioneer SC-07, BDP-05FD, Emotiva XPA-5 x 2, XPA-1 x 2,
    Polk Audio LSi25, RTi12 x 2, LSi15 x 4, LSiC x 2, PSW1000 x 4,

MB HT/ 2 ch:
    LG 47LM5800, Pioneer SC-1523, BDP-23FD, Sony BDP-S790, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5,
    Polk Audio LSi25,15, CSi5, LSiFX, PSW505 x 4

Listening Room 2 ch:
    McIntosh MC122, MC162, MC202, C15, C41, C42, MA6500, MA6900, MCD201, MCD301, MR85, MX130, MX134
    Emotiva RSP-2, RPA-1, ERC-2
    Adcom GCD 750, GFP 750, GFA 5802
    Polk Audio LSi7,9, 15

Hey guys, i have a question. Do any of you know how many watts per channel the avr pushes when used in stereo mode? I have read that sometimes the receivers push more than the rated power when powering only two channels, just like they really go under rated power when pushing all channels.

Thanks for your comments,

ed.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by EDUBAG View Post
    Hey guys, i have a question. Do any of you know how many watts per channel the avr pushes when used in stereo mode? I have read that sometimes the receivers push more than the rated power when powering only two channels, just like they really go under rated power when pushing all channels.

Thanks for your comments,

ed.
    It won't push MORE than its rated power in stereo, just closer to its rated specs than if you were running all channels.
    panasonic th-50pz85u
    pioneer elite vsx-92txh
    pioneer elite bdp-05fd
    emotiva xpa-3
    monster power hdp 2550
    sa 8300 hd dvr
    sda 2b's
    fronts - rti a9's
    center - csi a6
    surrounds - fxi a6's
    sub - polk dsw pro 600
    harmony one