Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default I just scored...

A brand new, sealed LP copy of, The Cowboy Junkies, Trinity Sessions at musicstack for an incredible low price of 8.00 :)

Yee Haw!

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Congrats, Sir!!!

Do me a favor and work Brock on letting me try those tubes out. He's being awfully stingy............;)
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Thanks, Dave.

Quit hording your tubes, Brocko! :p

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Congrats!
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Congrats, now open it and enjoy.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I will hold your Tubes if you hold my Dodds
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Quote Originally Posted by daboyz View Post
    Congrats, Sir!!!

Do me a favor and work Brock on letting me try those tubes out. He's being awfully stingy............;)
    Dave, KMA :D.

First, I sold you a nice pair of tubes and a rectifier really cheap. Second, I left a very nice pair of Amperex "PQ" 7062's for you to listen to. Third, I have barely had time to listen to the Sylvania's Mike sent me.

So again, KMA :p.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by daboyz View Post
    Congrats, Sir!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Dave, KMA :D.

First, I sold you a nice pair of tubes and a rectifier really cheap. Second, I left a very nice pair of Amperex "PQ" 7062's for you to listen to. Third, I have barely had time to listen to the Sylvania's Mike sent me.

So again, KMA :p.

H9
    Both of you, get your @$$es over here and bring what tubes you have. We all have the same pre and I'll supply the sashimi & beer. ;)

Major disappointment. This LP was delivered today, brand new and sealed. Been waiting & anticipating, only to spin it and find the pressing is f#kt. My stylus sounds like a nail tracking through the grooves. It was an original copy that's been sealed for over 20 years. In all my time of spinning records, never have I come across a vinyl pressing this messed up. Bummer. :(

Member Sales Rating: (1)

A friend on another site sent me this CD after being in chat and hearing that I had no Cowboy Junkies. Great album and great guy.
    Make it Funky! :)

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Major disappointment. This LP was delivered today, brand new and sealed. Been waiting & anticipating, only to spin it and find the pressing is f#kt. My stylus sounds like a nail tracking through the grooves. It was an original copy that's been sealed for over 20 years. In all my time of spinning records, never have I come across a vinyl pressing this messed up. Bummer. :(
    Per our telcon send it back immediately and hope you can get another copy. I've had quite a few new releases where they hacked up the record getting it out of the mold press or didn't leave it in long enough to cool. You description sounds like what happened here.

Mike the original 180 gm pressing of "Jazz at the Pawnshop" the grooves were literally pealing away from the record. The replacement copy, the spindle hole was so far off center that my tonearm looked like an oil drill. . . finally the third copy was perfect. There are quite a few other horror stories I can tell about buying new vinyl.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I remember that issue you had with Jazz at the Pawhshop Joe. Mike hopefully you can get it rectified.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

When I read the title & saw who posted it, I thought I was going to be greeted with hot chick pics~

*disappointed*
    :(
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer

Outstanding!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    Per our telcon send it back immediately and hope you can get another copy. I've had quite a few new releases where they hacked up the record getting it out of the mold press or didn't leave it in long enough to cool. You description sounds like what happened here.

Mike the original 180 gm pressing of "Jazz at the Pawnshop" the grooves were literally pealing away from the record. The replacement copy, the spindle hole was so far off center that my tonearm looked like an oil drill. . . finally the third copy was perfect. There are quite a few other horror stories I can tell about buying new vinyl.
    Waiting to hear back from the seller, Joe. Just to top this one off, I ordered the 180g of David & David that Troy pointed us to here:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99730

Upon placing it, I was quoted 15$ and change, total. Well, as it turns out, acousticsounds only method of shipping to Hawaii is Fedex 2nd day. Which puts the total closer to 30.00. I declined and canceled the order, unfortunately.

Outstanding!
    I didn;t mean outstanding that you got a bad copy. So disregard my original post.

Hope they can work something out for you.

H9

I didn;t mean outstanding that you got a bad copy. So disregard my original post.
    LOL! I know, Brocko. On the positive side, I found a couple of vinyls of Roy Buchanan at a record shop here this past Tuesday. 4.00 each and both are in excellent condition. Thanks for turning me on to him. :)

Thread Information