Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thumbs up Squeezebox Touch Released

I'm sure there are at least a few here who are also waiting on this.. according to the Squeezebox forums this finally is available. I know that It is on my list to get sometime this year to set up a music server system.
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Hot damn!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

The site is down
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

yeah not surprising as many have been waiting on this i think. It'll be a few months before I get one myself but I was definitely hoping for it to actually happen, even if its 4 months late.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

how has it improved over the original? how will it change my listening for the better?

Member Sales Rating: (6)

IIRC, some of the forum beta testers said it was better both in analog and digital output mode. The specific reasons, I don't remember....

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

well its a touch screen now so you can see the album art on screen, allows you to connect SD cards, flash drives and USB HDD to it so it can be used as a music server w/o having to wirelessly connect to a Desktop or Laptop. Its still useable with all other Squeezebox devices if you're home has a network of them. supposedly better DAC but still has digital outs to connect an external one. I don't have a Squeezebox currently so I'm looking forward to it to try it out..

Quote Originally Posted by sda2mike View Post
    how has it improved over the original? how will it change my listening for the better?
    It's larger, has an LCD screen to view art work and you can touch the controls on the screen to run the Squeezebox.

I was able to view it on Crutchfield and Amazon..........

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LARRDA

H9

I probably won't get one for awhile simply to see how many bugs it has. It took forever to be released becuase "they" said it was buggy. I was going to get a Squeeze Radio for the bedroom to also double as an alarm clock, but it seems really buggy based on the reviews.

We'll see

H9

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Saint Louis Park - Body... Saint Paul - Mind

I'll be checking A'gon around the clock for old receivers being jettisoned to put in other rooms in the house.
    (((STEREO)))
    Fostex CR300
    Theta ProBasic IIIA
    B&K PT5
    White Audio Labs B1
    MIT Terminator 2
    Paradigm Studio Monitors

HT
    Sony Bravia KDL-40Z4100
    Sony BDP-S350
    Yamaha HTR-5790
    NHT SB3 (Fronts)
    NHT SC2 (center)
    NHT SB2 (surround)
    Velodyne FSR12

Quote Originally Posted by dc55110 View Post
    I'll be checking A'gon around the clock for old receivers being jettisoned to put in other rooms in the house.
    I will have FS eventually. Just need to see a few initial responses on the Squeezetouch before I buy.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

I'm going to follow Brock's advice and wait a little bit. I may pick up one for the bedroom rig.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by dc55110 View Post
    Me too. I had planned to buy 2 or 3 more receivers for the various zones I wanted in my house. This Touch unit does nothing for me, as it has to be stationary. I prefer to control my music with my iPhone (iPeng). All I want is the little black boxes!! I have a feeling that it won't be a buyers market for them either.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Member Sales Rating: (19)

I don't get the whole "touch screen" concept? Who has the unit setting by where they are versus where the gear/rack is at? I would of been more excited if the actual unit was a black box and the remote had the 4.3" lcd screen with touch functionality.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    I don't get the whole "touch screen" concept? Who has the unit setting by where they are versus where the gear/rack is at? I would of been more excited if the actual unit was a black box and the remote had the 4.3" lcd screen with touch functionality.
    They have that Doug. It's called the Duet and a single Duet controls every unit in the hose including the Squeeze Radio and the Squeeze Boom. The remote screen isn't touch though

http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/pr...ebox-duet.html

To me the touch screen is an added bonus. I like that I can now see the artwork and the screen is large enough to give more info and see across the room.

H9

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    To me the touch screen is an added bonus. I like that I can now see the artwork and the screen is large enough to give more info and see across the room.

H9
    This, I was thinking about just getting a WDHD media player and add an external drive, but you still have to have a monitor, whether it be a TV or pc monitor, but with the touch you don't have to worry about that, since it includes its own screen. Also If i'm not mistaken if you have an Ipod touch there is an app that allows you to control your squeezebox if you really want a touch screen remote.
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

Saint Louis Park - Body... Saint Paul - Mind

Quote Originally Posted by mdaudioguy View Post
    Me too. I had planned to buy 2 or 3 more receivers for the various zones I wanted in my house. This Touch unit does nothing for me, as it has to be stationary. I prefer to control my music with my iPhone (iPeng). All I want is the little black boxes!! I have a feeling that it won't be a buyers market for them either.
    There have already been a couple good deals... A receiver for $75 and a complete Duet for $215.
    (((STEREO)))
    Fostex CR300
    Theta ProBasic IIIA
    B&K PT5
    White Audio Labs B1
    MIT Terminator 2
    Paradigm Studio Monitors

HT
    Sony Bravia KDL-40Z4100
    Sony BDP-S350
    Yamaha HTR-5790
    NHT SB3 (Fronts)
    NHT SC2 (center)
    NHT SB2 (surround)
    Velodyne FSR12

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Hi dc55110 I have a White Audio Labs b1 amp and have no info or specs on it... do you have any specs or ratings or manual or schematics--mode of operation info? I can find very little on the web...

Thank you very much in advance,

David.

Thread Information