Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,022

    Default Denon 2910 Heat?

    I recently picked up a DVD-2910 and it gets extrememly HOT while watching movies.

    It is in a cabinet (glass door and open back) with about 1.5" of top clearance. I was using a Cambridge Audio DVD89 and never had a problem with heat. But this Denon gets hot enough to almost burn me.

    Is this normal? Any suggestions?

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    That's kind of funny...my last source was a Cambridge Audio DVD89, and a while back I upgraded to a Denon DVD-2910. Great minds think alike, eh?;)

    I've never noticed my 2910 getting hot before. It gets slightly warm after being on for a while...but nothing that I'd consider hot, and it doesn't really have much more clearance than what you're describing.

    I have checked it's heat levels on numerous occasions, but that's always been during music listening. Is your 2910 getting hot during music as well? Or does this only happen during movies?

    I'll pop in a movie tomorrow and see if my 2910 gets hot at all. I'll report back with any results.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cambir View Post
    I recently picked up a DVD-2910 and it gets extrememly HOT while watching movies.

    It is in a cabinet (glass door and open back) with about 1.5" of top clearance. I was using a Cambridge Audio DVD89 and never had a problem with heat. But this Denon gets hot enough to almost burn me.

    Is this normal? Any suggestions?
    Not sure if this is an indicator of any sort of problem. My Yammie gets warm to the touch, but not hot as you're describing with your Denon. Might want to try giving it a little more space to breathe and/or rigging up a cooling fan.

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    I have a 2910 too.. its used mostly for music playback now.. but i dont recall it ever getting "burning to the touch" hot.. but i do think it did get reasonably warm...

    Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod

  5. #5
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    My 2900 barely get warm at all. Is the 2910 that much different?

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    My 2900 barely get warm at all. Is the 2910 that much different?
    Only by ten, Gus. :p

  7. #7
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Only by ten, Gus. :p
    Oh you are a riot Alice, a regular riot!!! How would you like to see 10 on the moooon?:p

    BTW 10 what? hahaha!

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    That's kind of funny...my last source was a Cambridge Audio DVD89, and a while back I upgraded to a Denon DVD-2910. Great minds think alike, eh?;)

    I've never noticed my 2910 getting hot before. It gets slightly warm after being on for a while...but nothing that I'd consider hot, and it doesn't really have much more clearance than what you're describing.

    I have checked it's heat levels on numerous occasions, but that's always been during music listening. Is your 2910 getting hot during music as well? Or does this only happen during movies?

    I'll pop in a movie tomorrow and see if my 2910 gets hot at all. I'll report back with any results.
    Haven't tried it with music yet. The heat is there from movies, but I'll check it with music to see.. Might have to throw this thing back onto CL and go back to the Cambridge.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Tested this out... and playing dvd-audio cds on my 2910 made it warm to the touch after about 1.5-2 hours, but not scalding hot. fyi

    Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punk-roc View Post
    Tested this out... and playing dvd-audio cds on my 2910 made it warm to the touch after about 1.5-2 hours, but not scalding hot. fyi

    Jason
    Thanks for the update. I guess I'll either have to vent it more or go back to the Cambridge.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD Denon DVD-2910
    By GEBBY44 in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 09:04 PM
  2. FS: Denon DVD-2910
    By steveinaz in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
  3. FS Denon 955-s/2910
    By dholmes in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 04:26 PM
  4. Denon 2910 vs Denon 1920
    By mariolondono in forum Electronics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 06:11 PM
  5. Denon dvd 2910
    By dholmes in forum Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 07:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts