Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Default Karoake Karen sings Jewel songs at bar

PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Great stuff !! Thanks a bunch for posting the link. Jewel is my dream girl and I love anything on her. By the way if you are a Jewel fan you must check out " The Essential Live Songbook" (particularly on Blu-Ray) if you haven't already done so.:D
    Last edited by Rick88; 07-15-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I saw this the other day. It is really cool what they did. I was impressed by the way it was handled.
    Front - RTiA5's
    Rear - RTiA3's
    Center - CSiA4
    Sub - PSW110

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Like her or not, I thought that was pretty clever.

BTW... I wonder how long before Brock posts in this thread?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Not long................I L-O-V-E Jewel!!! I need to get that DVD. I'm not really into her Country phase so I'm a little out of touch with her these days. She just played in Chicago last month almost bought tix, but was afraid she might get too "twangy" for me.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Thumbs up

I agree that her country stuff isn't nearly as good as her folky material. Where she really shines on the Essential Live Songbook is on her performances with just her and her Taylor guitar. Reference sound quality as well!

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

That cd is from the PBS Soundstage sessions, IIRC. Glad you brought it up as I had always intended to get it, but forgot about it.

I have a few bootleg videos as well as the Humphrey's and A Life Uncommon, I added this to my Amazon list and will get it soon.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Sounds like you like her as much as I do. You will not be disappointed by this set! She also does a few songs on the original Lilith Fair DVD that I have as well:D
    Last edited by Rick88; 07-15-2010 at 08:21 PM.

I meant that Dvd is from the PBS Soundstage Sessions. Yes I used to have a little infatuation with her and her voice, I have seen her once live and I have about 15 or so Instant Live cd's from the tour I saw her on. Mostly acoustic stuff but with all the non cd songs.

Yeah I knew what you meant. The Soundstage Series is very good. I have several Blu-rays of the series in my collection. Good stuff!

I saw another one of my favorites on Palladium HD the other night - KT Tunstall. I hope they release it on Blu someday. I have it on DVD but it was much better in HD!

Member Sales Rating: (37)

That would totally flip me out to be a few drinks in to the evening at a karoke bar and experience some normal looking person sounding like one of my favorite singers. I wish someone like Robert Plant or Phil Collins or Lou Graham or David Bowie or Roger Daltrey would play a prank like that around here.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    That would totally flip me out to be a few drinks in to the evening at a karoke bar and experience some normal looking person sounding like one of my favorite singers. I wish someone like Robert Plant or Phil Collins or Lou Graham or David Bowie or Roger Daltrey would play a prank like that around here.
    it would be tough to get Robert Plant, Phil Collins, Lou Graham, David Bowie and Roger Daltrey to look like a woman though :p :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert

Well maybe not Bowie.:p

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    Robert Plant made some surprise appearances on stage w/a couple local bands at The Taste Of Chicago over the 4th of July weekend. I wasn't there, but it made the news.

H9

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Well maybe not Bowie.:p
    You need to hear Bowie Pinups to really appreciate his vocal range. Whether you care for him or not, his voice is truly amazing. At any rate, I think the concept of what Jewel did is really cool and would love to be involved in a punk like that.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Thread Information