Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: My new system!

  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default My new system!

    Hey there! Newbie to the forum here..wanted to share my new system to you guys.

    Polk RTi10's
    McIntosh 1900
    McIntosh MQ101
    Pioneer 525 DVD player
    Emotiva X series RCA interconnects
    Velocity audio 12 gauge oxygen free speaker cable
    Belkin banana / pin connectors

    Future purchase: Parasound ZBreeze

    Here is my Audiogon page:http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...udg&1269710660

    Let me know what you all think!

    :)

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Nice stuff, how do you like your new system?

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,745

    Default

    Nice setup !!!

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e
    Posts
    11,796

    Default

    WELCOME TO CLUB POLK!!

    That's a nice system.....some nice McI..equipment too!!

    cnh

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e
    Posts
    11,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Brendan View Post
    Sony BluRay players have a flaw - they will not output 1080p on the component jacks. So either avoid Sony players or just live with 1080i. (Most people cannot tell the difference between 720 and 1080, let alone the difference in 1080i vs 1080p).
    lol, my wife can't even tell the difference between 480i and 1080i broadcasts!

    My daughter (12) and are totally dumbfounded by such a lack of discrimination or even care!

    cnh

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Salem, Oregon (Polk county!)
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Brendan View Post
    Sony BluRay players have a flaw - they will not output 1080p on the component jacks. So either avoid Sony players or just live with 1080i. (Most people cannot tell the difference between 720 and 1080, let alone the difference in 1080i vs 1080p).
    Reported.

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e
    Posts
    11,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    Reported.
    Good catch....I must be running out of coffee here in Beijing. The nearest Strabucks is about a half mile away! Better get going!

    cnh

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,426

    Default

    Welcome to Club Polk Roman!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairchild AFB WA.
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Good catch....I must be running out of coffee here in Beijing. The nearest Strabucks is about a half mile away! Better get going!

    cnh
    Better get there fast C, lol. Nice rig!!

    -Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3


    2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's

    It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gfong View Post
    Nice stuff, how do you like your new system?
    I love it! The soundstage is huge and the dynamics are effortless. The speakers are biamped and sound sweet.

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    lol, my wife can't even tell the difference between 480i and 1080i broadcasts!

    My daughter (12) and are totally dumbfounded by such a lack of discrimination or even care!

    cnh
    Did I miss something? Why are we talking about blu-ray players in a 2-channel forum? Oh and my sony blu player outputs 1080p via the component just fine.

    a) It's a PS3
    b) who cares about 1080p via component anyways...???

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairchild AFB WA.
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roman1 View Post
    Did I miss something? Why are we talking about blu-ray players in a 2-channel forum? Oh and my sony blu player outputs 1080p via the component just fine.

    a) It's a PS3
    b) who cares about 1080p via component anyways...???
    cnh was responding to the spam post by Edward Brendan. These threads often times have a way of going from one subject to another, just the way it goes with more than one chef in the kitchen. It's all good man, sit back and enjoy the forum, it's a great place. I also have a PS3 as my Blu-Ray player running via HDMI and it is awesome, I will never get another player as long as it is still alive and kicking.

    -Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3


    2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's

    It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wutadumsn23 View Post
    cnh was responding to the spam post by Edward Brendan. These threads often times have a way of going from one subject to another, just the way it goes with more than one chef in the kitchen. It's all good man, sit back and enjoy the forum, it's a great place. I also have a PS3 as my Blu-Ray player running via HDMI and it is awesome, I will never get another player as long as it is still alive and kicking.

    -Jeff
    Course, if you go blind you won't need to either. :p

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairchild AFB WA.
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    LOL, good one Mike. Touche!!

    -Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3


    2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's

    It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D

  15. #15
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roman1 View Post
    Did I miss something? Why are we talking about blu-ray players in a 2-channel forum? Oh and my sony blu player outputs 1080p via the component just fine.

    a) It's a PS3
    b) who cares about 1080p via component anyways...???
    Good catch but as stated it was in reply to a spammer who got one over.

    Welcome to Club Polk Roman!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. FYI my system
    By PolkClyde in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 12:51 AM
  2. Stolen System -> New System
    By DSkip in forum Car Audio & Electronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 03:48 AM
  3. Complete system 6.1 system (w/ 2 subs)
    By faheem5 in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 11:16 PM
  4. My System
    By nil83r in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 03:08 AM
  5. Added System to the System Showcase
    By peckgary in forum Speakers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts