Systems Showcase

This Is Why ComEd Loves Me So Much!

The first set of pictures is my main 2-channel system. I sort of commandeered the living room (much to my significant other's chagrin) but it all worked out in the end. After setting everything up in the room, I found out just how incredibly "live" the space was. I was experiencing horrible echoes and out of phase reflections that made listening to music such a jarring experience that I actually turned off the system for a month and didn't touch it. I ended up installing acoustic panels, and it was the best upgrade I've ever performed. You can read more about it in this thread: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86154. The second set of pictures is my Office rig. I probably listen to more music on this system than on my main system because I spend so much time on my computer. This means that I wanted something that sounded pretty good. I think this setup fits the bill. Love the tube sound! The third set of photos contains shots of my home theater. I've never been a very critical listener when it comes to movies, so it is a rather meager setup compared to my 2-channel system. I am, however, glad that I have two separate rooms for 2-channel listening and movie watching. Finally, the fourth set of pictures shows my bedroom system. My girlfriend and I spend a lot of time watching TV-On-DVD series on this rig.

Bedroom System

• Samsung 42" Plasma TV
  • Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player
  • Roku Player (Wireless)
  • Dish Network VIP612 Satellite Receiver/DVR
  • 4-Port HDMI Switch (with wireless remote)

Home Theater

• Samsung 55" LED Television
  • Denon AVR-2309CI Receiver
  • Denon DVD-1800BR Blu-Ray Player
  • Marantz DV4001 DVD Player (Region Free, PAL->NTSC Convert)
  • Dish Network VIP722 Satellite Receiver/DVR
  • Roku Player
  • APC H15 Power Conditioner
  • Polk TSi400 Fronts
  • Polk CSi20 Center

Main 2-Channel Rig

• Balanced Audio Technology (BAT) VK-60 Monoblock Tube Amplifiers (120W each)
  • Balanced Audio Technology (BAT) VK-40 Preamp (with SixPack Upgrade & Remote)
  • Denon DVD-2930CI CD/SACD/DVD-A Player
  • SqueezeBox 3 Network Device (streaming lossless FLAC)
  • Monarchy 24/96 Digital Interface Processor (reduces jitter by re-clocking digital signal)
  • PS Audio DigitalLink II Digital To Analog Converter (DAC)
  • PS Audio PowerPlant P500 A/C Regenerator
  • Revel F52 Speakers
  • MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • MIT Proline 2 Balanced Cables (DAC->Pre, Pre->Amps)
  • MIT AVT2 Interconnects (CD->Pre)
  • Signal Silver Resolution Digital Coax Interconnects (SB3->DIP, DIP->DAC)
  • Signal 10 Guage MagicPower Cables (Amps & P500)

Office System

• Dodd 50W Tube Power Amp
  • Dodd ELP3 Tube Preamp
  • Aragon D2A Mark II DAC (with external power supply)
  • Signal Analog II Interconnects
  • Polk LSi9 Speakers
  • Canare StarQuad Speaker Cables
  • Bell'O 36" Speaker Stands