Modest HT and 2-channel systems
My audio philosophy: Since I only joined the audio obsession about a year and a half ago, I am looking to try out as much stuff as possible on a fairly tight audio budget. So, if it seems to be a great deal and potentially better than the gear I already have, I jump on it. That's how I've come to accumulate three different systems (each has been upgraded almost every 30 days in one way or another) in such as short period of time. That's also why my system may not be as cookie cutter as others, especially for 2-channel where I've done the most gear hording over the past 8 months. Now that I have decent gear and am mainly interested in 2-channel improvements only, the buying/selling has finally slowed down a bit. None of these were purchased with much previous knowledge and while I like many of the pieces, wouldn't hesitate to buy new stuff to try it out but am not looking to do so as actively as a few months ago.
Mirage Omni S12. Kind of a beast.
HK 3480 bedroom receiver
HD-A2, bedroom source
New look 2-channel, new Lovan Classic Modular stand.
Close-up of some MF and MH goodies.
2 Channel Electronics
- Musical Fidelity A308 integrated
- Marantz SA-8260 SACD
- Marantz ST6000 tuner
- Senn HD-580 cans
- Music Hall MMF-2.1 Turntable
- Musical Fidelity A3.5 CD Player
2 Channel Speakers
- Thiel CS 1.2s
- 2 Def Tech Pro Sub 80s
- TV - Samsung HPR4252
- Source - Toshiba HD-XA1
- Receiver / PrePro - HK AVR 635
- Amp - B&K ST-1430 II (125 X 3)
- Polk Audio Lsi9s
- Mirage Omni S-12 subwoofer
New Bedroom setup
- Westinghouse LTV-32W LCD
- Harman Kardon HK3480 Stereo Receiver
- Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player (under repair)
- Polk Audio Lsi7s
- Theta Pro Progeny DAC
Other Speaker Cables and ICs
- AudioQuest Sidewinder ICs (HT)
- AudioQuest SA20 Speaker cable (HT)
- Tara Labs Prism biwire (Bedroom)