Systems Showcase

Polk/Velodyne !!!!!!!!Off Da-Chain!!!!!!!!

Finally got the 7.1 system bi-amped downstairs. Polk RT-16 Front, CS400 Center, RT-12 for surround and for surround back, Velodyne Spl 1200 sub mk I tuned to 90Hz. All speakers are set to small, a trick I got from Atlantic Technology Speakers. I'm coming out of a Sony STR-DA 5000 preouts, seven channels with the sub out as well with Monster Y-Adapters to 14 channels, passive vertically bi-amping all the speakers. I'm using Identical amps as is what's needed to accomplish this. The fronts are handled by a DBX BX-3 mkII, 4 channel mode at 125 watts ea. The center by a Sansui B-2101 at 200 watts ea stereo, A spk input. The S/R by a DBX-BX-3 mkI , 4 channel mode at 125 ea. The S/B by a DBX BX-2, 4 channel mode at 90 watts ea. All I can say is it's like nothing I've ever heard before. It's so crystal clear at low or high volumes it just blows you away!! Channels 6 & 7 are placed behind two reclining chairs so the speaker is right over head when you lay back. I'll replace this Sony with an pre/pro, maybe from Cary or Athem and I'll be in Nirvana Heaven. Listening to surround music or movies is truely something to experience all over again. Some movies have you turning on the lights to see if something's coming out of the walls and all. There are alot, more expensive speakers out there but I love the sound of these Polk's hands down for bass and treble with this power port in all! I dialed everything in with my Radio-Shack analog Spl meter on C weighted and Slow mode!

Amps

• DBX BX-3 Mk II
  • DBX BX-3 Mk I
  • DBX BX-2
  • SANSUI B-2101

Antenna

• Terk AF-1

Cables/Interconnects

• Monster
  • Acoustic Research
  • Kimble Kable PBJ's
  • TriQuest

Monster

• HTS-3500 Mk II
  • HTS-2600
  • SW-200

Other Components

• ADCOM GCD-700
  • SANSUI DW-10 DUAL CASSETTE
  • SANSUI AT-700 TIMER

PROCESSOR

• SONY STR-DA 5000 ES

Speakers

• Polk RT16 (fronts)
  • Polk CS400 (center)
  • Polk RT12 (Surrounds)
  • Polk RT12 (Surround Backs)
  • Velodyne SPL 1200 Mk I (Sub)

TUNER

• DBX TX-3

TV

• RCA 32" 32v550t

VIDEO

• DirecTv satallite
  • Toshiba SD-9200 DVD/A HDCD
  • RCA HDV5000 HD DVD PLAYER
  • X-BOX W/Alien vs Predator Paint Sceam..
  • GoldStar GVR-A485 Hi-Fi VCR